NYC - Which airport?

We flew into LGA 3 weeks ago. It was a nightmare to get out of, even though we had prebooked a car. It took the car 45 minutes to arrive because the traffic was moving at a crawl. The waiting area was outdoors in the middle of traffic, crowded with no seating. It took the car another hour to get to Times Square. A few days later, it took about 25 minutes to get to EWR. It was so much easier and nicer. Avoid LGA at all cost.

I would use JFK- if I HAD to and no other choice then LGA but never ever Newark!
Why? You can take the train from the airport to Penn Station, and at certain times of the day you can get to manhattan in 30 minutes by car.

ETA, at this time, the quickest airport is Newark.

Last edited:

I choose LGA if possible. I live on the east side of manhattan and traffic from JFK into the city is always awful.

I think the people who hate Newark airport don't fly on United. Terminal C is really nice now that it's been completely remodeled. Terminal A for the remainder of the airlines is still pretty ****ty. However traffic to and from LGA and JFK is a nightmare and I would gladly take a car ride or a train ride from Newark into NYC over either of those airports. This is one of the gates after the remodels at Newark. Does that look terrible to you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!