NYE 2019 festivities

Trip planner

Mouseketeer
We are planning our first NYE trip. I originally thought I would do MK on Dec 30 and EP on Dec 31 but I am worried that the temporary replacement for Illuminations won’t be as awesome. Anyone heard how NYE will change? Is there any talk of expanding the HS NYE offerings with the opening of SWGE?

I would suggest you don't make it all about a 20 minute fireworks display. There is much more to a NYE holiday at Disney World. Stick with your plans as NYE is a crazy day at the parks and Epcot is the one park large enough to handle the massive crowds. We have gone to AK in the morning on the 31st as it will be the least crowded because it closes early, then hop to Epcot. Yes, hopping in the evening is easy enough as most come early believing the notion (not true) that the park will have a capacity closure. One caveat, Do Not Drive! I would suggest you get an Epcot resort to be able to walk back after!

As to your specific questions, have not read anything about NYE 2019 and possible changes.

We are planning our first NYE trip. I originally thought I would do MK on Dec 30 and EP on Dec 31 but I am worried that the temporary replacement for Illuminations won’t be as awesome. Anyone heard how NYE will change? Is there any talk of expanding the HS NYE offerings with the opening of SWGE?
They can't really expand the fireworks at DHS so I wouldn't count on that
As for epcot the nye fireworks at midnight are separate from illuminations so I expect the nye fireworks to stay the same

I would stick with your plan. I highly doubt that they wouldn't do something spectacular at Epcot for NYE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter