NYE at Disney with 10-year-olds?

kyw2019

Earning My Ears
We'll be in FL for the holidays and just decided to take a chance (despite the crowds) to head over to Disney for 3 full days- Dec 31, Jan 1 & 2. We have twin 10-year-olds and are staying at the Coronado. The kids have been to Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios before, so we'd like to focus on Animal Kingdom and Epcot. They'd be first-timers at both. So, I have a two-fold question. What are your thoughts on 10 year olds enjoying the NYE atmosphere at Epcot? Is it more for adults? If not, are there kid friendly places (aside from MK) to watch fireworks and ring in the New Year? Also, as Disney pros, how would you organize the park time during these 3 days over New Year's, knowing that the 2 preferred parks are AK & Epcot? Thanks so much!!

I hated Epcot on New Year’s Eve, it’s crowded, loud with a lot of drunk people. Id probably do a resort reservation somewhere and watch the fireworks from there. Or at Epcot if they are doing an early show, see them and get the heck out. Then I’d do mk on 1/2 and animal on 1/3.

We did HS for NYE a few years ago. It was awful!!!!! ( and we left by 8pm) they hand out noisemakers and the kids (and adults) blow them constantly until you go absolutely crazy. I would do a Ressie somewhere to watch the fireworks or totally skip it. There is no way I would have made it till midnight or attempt to do it again. The next few days at the parks were slow and we really enjoyed them

I still have nightmares about NYE at Epcot...and I WAS 21.

Upside is the walkways are wide, so the human sea of people feels not as oppressive?

But I'm not in a rush to relive the experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter