NYE at DLP 2019

CERS

Mouseketeer
So, last year I spent NYE at WDW. It was busy as hell, but quite a lot of fun (except for a couple of bad things... but nothing can be perfect. Not even Disney. Heh).

So this year we're going to DLP. I see they have a NYE Party going on at the Disneyland Park, as well as the Studios opening until after midnight.

Has anyone been to DLP at NYE? Have they done this party before? Any advice?

I live in Europe so I have been to DLP a couple of times... just never for NYE.

I've never been, it is on my wishlist, but the prices and the temperature hold me back. Let us know how it was!

I've never been, it is on my wishlist, but the prices and the temperature hold me back. Let us know how it was!

Sure thing! If you stay offsite it is more bearable on the price side. I'm actually staying offsite myself.

Sure thing! If you stay offsite it is more bearable on the price side. I'm actually staying offsite myself.
I meant the price for the party itself :) Because I have an annual pass and know the park so well, it's hard to justify the price of 100 euro to see 2 parades and the fireworks.
The two other shows can be seen during the day.

I meant the price for the party itself :) Because I have an annual pass and know the park so well, it's hard to justify the price of 100 euro to see 2 parades and the fireworks.
The two other shows can be seen during the day.

Ahh, makes sense. I'll probably spend the day in the Studios and move over to DLP at 17:00 when the party guests can enter de park.

Any recommendations to eat? I have a reservation at Remys. I wanted Walts (I've been there before... simply LOVE it... but appears to be closed). I also checked California Grill but appears to be full. I also checked the Pirates one. But that would mean getting a hopper ticket which means 20€ more per person...

My plan is to have a late lunch, and a snack for dinner, this way we'll enjoy the time in the party more without "losing" time in a restaurant.

Well, just to give my feedback from the NYE party at DLP. In general, it was amazing. I got to ride Pirates, Thunder Mountain twice (which btw this version is by far the best one!!!), Haunted Mansion, watch one of the parades, which featured the fire-breeding dragon at night (awesome), NYE fireworks and the best thing of all: the AFROJACK party at the end.

Now, everything else is doable in a standard Disneyland Paris day, however, partying for 2 hours with a famous DJ using the mapping on the castle, the fire, the mountains, the lights, smoke, even the lights on the trees around the plaza. It was just breathtaking, amazing, wonderful. All that, with the fact they even sold champagne in specially placed counters just at the back of the plaza.

One of the best NYE parties I've been, hands down. Awesome and probably will repeat if they keep doing it this way.

I wanted to attach a small video of one of the songs, but it won't let me.

Conclusion: after being at MK last year and DLP NYE party this year, I have to say the fireworks at MK are the best... but considering the overall NYE feel and party, DLP wins by far.

I watched a few vlogs on the party, and we're planning a trip as a result.

How busy was it? Seeing as it was ticketed, I can't imagine it was at capacity?

I had a great time. And will probably repeat sometime.

One advise, do not spend the rest of the day in the parks... you'll be destroyed by the start of the party. Heheh.

There were A LOT of people, but it wasn't at capacity. It was a sold out party though, only ticket + dinner were available for the last 30 days previous to it, so if you want to save 200 euros on a dinner, get your tickets as soon as they are made available so you can get them without dinner.

They opened fastpass for party attendees also, at around 9 PM. We did Big Thunder twice, with 20 minute wait. Pirates with no wait. Haunted house with 15 minutes. We saw one of the parades, which was great. We didn't use FP on any ride.

And after 11 PM we stayed on the plaza until 2 am for fireworks + party. After the fireworks at midnight A LOT of people leave, so wait times are reduced and it becomes much more comfortable.

They put in place a mandatory route to enter and move around the park, a one-way direction, in order to make people without party tickets leave. This is in place until 8 PM and from 6 PM. As a party attendee you can enter from 5 PM forward. We arrived at 6:00 PM.

It is nowhere as insane as MK or any WDW park on NYE, or even in Christmas season. Very recommended.

We had a late lunch on Remy's as we spent the day at the studios and it was great. The food in general in DLP is way better than in WDW. I've tried Walts, Steakhouse and Remys and all three are pretty good. Specially Walts... top of the top.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. XD

I had a great time. And will probably repeat sometime.

One advise, do not spend the rest of the day in the parks... you'll be destroyed by the start of the party. Heheh.

There were A LOT of people, but it wasn't at capacity. It was a sold out party though, only ticket + dinner were available for the last 30 days previous to it, so if you want to save 200 euros on a dinner, get your tickets as soon as they are made available so you can get them without dinner.

They opened fastpass for party attendees also, at around 9 PM. We did Big Thunder twice, with 20 minute wait. Pirates with no wait. Haunted house with 15 minutes. We saw one of the parades, which was great. We didn't use FP on any ride.

And after 11 PM we stayed on the plaza until 2 am for fireworks + party. After the fireworks at midnight A LOT of people leave, so wait times are reduced and it becomes much more comfortable.

They put in place a mandatory route to enter and move around the park, a one-way direction, in order to make people without party tickets leave. This is in place until 8 PM and from 6 PM. As a party attendee you can enter from 5 PM forward. We arrived at 6:00 PM.

It is nowhere as insane as MK or any WDW park on NYE, or even in Christmas season. Very recommended.

We had a late lunch on Remy's as we spent the day at the studios and it was great. The food in general in DLP is way better than in WDW. I've tried Walts, Steakhouse and Remys and all three are pretty good. Specially Walts... top of the top.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. XD

Sounds good, we'll be travelling during the day, and plan to nap before the party :)

I know what you mean about the food I love Remy's!, I have had some amazing food at WDW too, Yachtsman and Cali Grill are a highlight. But I've also had bad food at both parks!! Especially Quick Service!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts