NYE dining room or Palo

Happy99

DIS Veteran
Been trying to find info on NYE on a Disney cruise and haven't been able to find much. One of the things I am looking for is whether we should go to Palo or the dining room on NYE.The other is just general information on what they do for NYE other than I assume a deck or atrium party with the countdown.

NYE falls on day four of our five night cruise (Magic). Don't want to miss the first three rotational dining restaurants as we are going with first timers and want them to experience it.

Is the menu on NYE in the dining room different than a regular night four rotation? Or should we have Palo dinner on our last night onboard?

Looking for opinions, what would you do?

Last edited:
Be careful about going to the MDRs the first time they come around in your rotation, specifically for Animator’s Palate. If you go there twice, the most loved show, the one where your character comes to life, will be on the second night there, not the first. If it comes only once in your rotation, you’ll experience that show and skip the other one. If I remember correctly, we had a specific NYE menu in the MDR on our Wonder cruise two years ago.

If I had to choose between the two, I would select the atmosphere I want for that evening. Palo will be quiet and intimate. The MDR will be busy and loud.

Our very first cruise was a NYE cruise on the Wonder. It was formal night and the menu included lobster. IIRC the menu was the same in all the dining rooms that night.

Yes, there was a deck party with fireworks, champagne and sparkling juice. We also received special gifts in our stateroom that night but that might be a thing of the past.

Have fun!

We have done 2 NYE cruises, both were 7 night cruises and they had formal night on NYE. First one NYE fell on first sea day (2nd night), which is normally when formal night is. The 2nd cruise, NYE fell on night we were in Key West, 3rd night, but they moved Formal night to that evening. So we had what ever the dinner is for formal night. There was lots of NYE party activies through out the evening on the ship. On a 5 night cruise, not sure they would have a Formal night.

Best NYE party ever.. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter