NYE Update AND a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

smmcgarry

Mouseketeer
Many of you have read and replied to my NYE plans and questions about our intererary...here's what we did!

I have to admit that I honestly didn't believe those of you who said traffic would be terrible on New Years Eve. Most people exaggerate things and I thought that's what was happening. However, we DID alter our plans. Originally, we were planning on hitting the GF and Contemporary lounges around 4 PM after parking at TTC. Then, we were going to drive to Disney Springs, have dinner at Morimotto Asia or go to the Swan for Kimono's.

We decided to go to the lounges at 11:30 when they opened, have drinks and appetizers and then head home for chinese food and spend the night at home. We left at 10:15 AM after returning from our first ever skydive. When we were about 1/4 mile from the parking booths, we were in DEAD STOPPED traffic. I literally had my car in park for 30 minutes because we were not moving. I typically 45 minute drive from home to MK took 3 hours. We finally made it to TTC and got on the resort monorail... which was broken down. So, we left and got on the MK monorail and were just going to walk to Contemporary. We made it to the ferry stops before WE STOPPED. FOR. FURTHER. TRAFFIC.

Finally, got to Contemporary and had a bartender who was on his first day. He wasn't bad, but he wasn't good. There were people actually leaving the lounge because he was spending more time talking to people than taking orders. He was also the type to try to talk you out of something that you know to be a fact and pretty much ignoring everything you say that shows it is a fact. I won't get into it, but if your interested, PM me.

Next stop, Poly... bartender was a legitimately crazy old woman. Think blonde curly huge perm type haircut! Very absent minded, very forgetful. She was nice, but after one drink and about 20 minutes, we were all set!

Finally, Grand Floridian. Sam was one of the best bartenders I have ever had. Friendly, attentive, seems like he really cares. The only bad experience at GF was finding out that the candle shop doesn't do the "make your own candle" stations anymore.

So, overall a good end to a frustrating commute. I guess you weren't exaggerating about traffic!

NEXT... here is my question: My mother and father are planning ion visiting us in May. My father is very ill and on dialysis. He has limited strength and stamina. However, I would like to take them to Disney for a while. Do you think, if I call guest relations, that they might extend us more than 3 fastpasses for a day? I know that I am asking a lot here, but we would be very picky with what we chose to use them on. I think that if we were granted, say...6, we might choose haunted mansion, jungle cruise, pirates, POSSIBLY splash and the most thrilling MIGHT be 7 dwarves. Seeing as this might be his first and only time to Disney and possibly his last trip away from home, do you think Disney might give us this privilege?

NEXT... here is my question: My mother and father are planning ion visiting us in May. My father is very ill and on dialysis. He has limited strength and stamina. However, I would like to take them to Disney for a while. Do you think, if I call guest relations, that they might extend us more than 3 fastpasses for a day? I know that I am asking a lot here, but we would be very picky with what we chose to use them on. I think that if we were granted, say...6, we might choose haunted mansion, jungle cruise, pirates, POSSIBLY splash and the most thrilling MIGHT be 7 dwarves. Seeing as this might be his first and only time to Disney and possibly his last trip away from home, do you think Disney might give us this privilege?
You're not going to get extra fastpasses. There is already a system in place for helping guests with special needs: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/disney-parks-disability-access-service-card-fact-sheet/

Get the disability pass from guest services upon arrival. Everyone in your group needs to be there so they can add it to everyone’s tickets. Then You do to the ride of your choice and ask for your return time. Upon return you enter the fast pass entrance. The person with he disability pass MUST scan into the fast pass entrance first.

Note: It took up a spot on our fast passes. I had three scheduled before arrival. Tried to canx one and book another but couldn’t cause the disability pass took its spot automatically. Still did a lot of rides with the disability pass.

You're not going to get extra fastpasses. There is already a system in place for helping guests with special needs: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/disney-parks-disability-access-service-card-fact-sheet/

Thank you for saying that. I have built my life upon proving others wrong. I have 5 months to somehow ensure that I can sometime soon reply to you that I did get extra fastpasses. Your doubts have given me extra motivation.

Please don't take this as me being smug or snobby or "better than thou." I simply love and embrace challenges. I have failed in the past, but when it comes to doing something for people (read: my parents) who have never hesitated to provide me with all of the opportunity that they could manage, I simply don't give up.

I hope that, in 4.5 months (or so), I can tell you that you were wrong... not vindictively, rather, triumphantly. Believe me, when I put my mind to something, I am unstoppable.

Have a great day, and thank you again :)

Get the disability pass from guest services upon arrival. Everyone in your group needs to be there so they can add it to everyone’s tickets. Then You do to the ride of your choice and ask for your return time. Upon return you enter the fast pass entrance. The person with he disability pass MUST scan into the fast pass entrance first.

Note: It took up a spot on our fast passes. I had three scheduled before arrival. Tried to canx one and book another but couldn’t cause the disability pass took its spot automatically. Still did a lot of rides with the disability pass.

Thank you for the advice. I will look into that if I fail at my above post, but don't count on it :)

Thank you for saying that. I have built my life upon proving others wrong. I have 5 months to somehow ensure that I can sometime soon reply to you that I did get extra fastpasses. Your doubts have given me extra motivation.

Please don't take this as me being smug or snobby or "better than thou." I simply love and embrace challenges. I have failed in the past, but when it comes to doing something for people (read: my parents) who have never hesitated to provide me with all of the opportunity that they could manage, I simply don't give up.

I hope that, in 4.5 months (or so), I can tell you that you were wrong... not vindictively, rather, triumphantly. Believe me, when I put my mind to something, I am unstoppable.

Good luck.
Just read your own post about traffic on NYE before your discount the advice others try to give to help you.

Last edited:
You can always book your first three FP's early then you would be eligible for a 4th and eventually a 5th FP. You can go to a DVC meeting and get three anytime FPs. So the two combined would theoretically give you 8 you could use in one day.

You can always ask for something and they can tell you no. Historically, as the others have said, you don't get extra fast passes for an illness, disability, etc.

I will reiterate what others have said (I was also one who told you on your other posts that you would encounter terrible traffic on NYE, so I think I have a pretty good track record here . . . ). Ask for the DAS when you arrive. It's a fairly simple process and will not take a lot of time. It will not take 5 months of e-mailing, calling and berating guest services. It will take, perhaps, 10 minutes. The DAS will give you, initially, one extra fastpass (you walk to the ride, get a return time and come back anytime after the return time). So, there's 4 FP+ right there. You can then add extra DAS times as you use them, plus you can add extra FP+ once your initial 3 are used. You will have no issue getting 6 FP+ utilizing this method. This is the method WDW has set up to accommodate those who cannot stand in line for prolonged periods of time. I can almost guarantee you, if you contact guest services, this is the procedure they will recommend to you. The only people who get instant FP+ line access are Make-a-Wish children and their families.

I appreciate your determination to prove everyone wrong, but DAS exists for people in situations like your father’s to enjoy the parks. They will not give extra fastpasses because they already have a system in place for situations just like this, of which there are many.

Good luck. :)

Book a VIP tour. Unlimited FPs, they drive you to backstage entrances so very minimal walking and you can visit multiple parks. If it’s a one time trip for an ill family member, it’s more than worth the cost. They will also get you any ADRs you want and FP for fireworks or evening show viewing.

Stamina issues are normally handled by a wheelchair or DVC, so you may not even get the DAS, as your father’s needs as described by you can be met with a mobility device.

As for conniving to get extra FastPasses, I can only hope that Disney laughs as much as I did when I read your response.

I appreciate your determination to prove everyone wrong, but DAS exists for people in situations like your father’s to enjoy the parks. They will not give extra fastpasses because they already have a system in place for situations just like this, of which there are many.

Good luck. :)

Based on what the OP posted, sounds like a DAS isn’t needed - stamina issues should be a wheelchair or ECV

As other have said the DAS does not sound like it would help your Father as it sounds like stanama is his probplem and wheelchair or ECV will help with this more then any thing but here is that thing about getting extra FP book all of your early in the morning ( like if the park opens up at 9 book your first one at 10 ) rote drop a few rides then go do your FP rides then after you are done with you fp rides here is the kicker that some have said you can book more FP.

I will say this that I was just down and at Hollywood studio, I received so many extra FP ( paper kind, 16 in all, that I walked around just giving them out, and still found some when I got home.) so yes you can get more FP but you can not ask for them

@gap2368 you must have had quite an issue arise to receive that many guest-recovery FP! I’m surprised they were handed out as paper, most are assigned to your MB and I didn’t think they can be transferred. But regardless, that wasn't OP’s situation.

OP - you or your father would have to explain his needs as related to waiting in a standard queue environment to obtain a DAS. It is highly unlikely for WDW to provide additional FP+ for your father. Many guests are in the parks everyday coping with some illness or another, believe it or not many are going through dialysis and/or in late-stage diseases. Yours is not a unique situation. WDW will offer their standard accommodation based on his needs at the time of your visit.

Enjoy your vacation!

Many of you have read and replied to my NYE plans and questions about our intererary...here's what we did!

of course you are not entitled to 'extra' fast passes. you get your three just like everyone else then you can book one at a time after those are used. his situation is no more special than anyone else's

you will not qualify for a DAS most likely as his issues are all covered by using a Mobility device such as an ECV or wheelchair. you need a good touring plan to take advantage of breaks when needed( riding carousel of progress when he needs a long break for instance)

everyone thinks their situation is unique and special and deserving of extra special treatment. not so. life is not fair, not even at Disney. you seem pretty arrogant, one minute tripping over yourself saying that posters were right about traffic and the next bound and determined to prove them wrong for saying you are not going to get 6 fast passes up front. plenty of people have never been to Disney and will never get to go to Disney. dad being ill/old is nothing special to Mouse Town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!