NYU Medical School - free tuition

I think it's a good idea although I'd like to see it tied to some sort of charitable work. I'm less sympathetic to those who have debt if their goal is to offer cosmetic surgery to rich people.

There is always someone who misses out on this sort of gift so I'm not worried about those who missed the boat. Besides current and incoming classes are eligible. They will still have to pay about 30K for room and board and other fees so it's not a complete free ride coupled with the fact that NYU is still a tough school to get into academically.

I think the program is inspiring and hope other medical schools can emulate it. Oh and it was funded by alumni so I doubt other former students will opt out of giving.

Inspiring, but I would have found it more compelling had they done the same for pre-service teachers instead.

Inspiring, but I would have found it more compelling had they done the same for pre-service teachers instead.

NY STATE already has a program for free college tuition for middle class NYers - to go to city or state college in NY, for either the 2 yr or 4 yr program. I think our governor, was the first in ANY state to do that. It started last year.

https://www.ny.gov/programs/tuition-free-degree-program-excelsior-scholarship

So teachers can go to any of the other colleges for free.

NYU is a Tier One college. And the NYU medical school is quite prestigious to get into and graduate from. I'm proud of my alma mater doing this. :thumbsup2 (I didn't go to NYU for medical school though.)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter