*o* August Check-In Thread *o*

We will be there tomorrow!!!

And we added a day. We’ve had a rough start to our vacation, ac repair needed in San Francisco on our way south, ball bearings and bushings replaced in Fresno. And yesterday I found out about the loss of a close friend, a fellow nurse who I went to nursing school with, only 39 years old.

So my husband suggesting adding a day to fully recoup from the rough start. Tomorrow is the beginning of really good times!

We will be there tomorrow!!!

And we added a day. We’ve had a rough start to our vacation, ac repair needed in San Francisco on our way south, ball bearings and bushings replaced in Fresno. And yesterday I found out about the loss of a close friend, a fellow nurse who I went to nursing school with, only 39 years old.

So my husband suggesting adding a day to fully recoup from the rough start. Tomorrow is the beginning of really good times!
I'm so very sorry for the loss of your friend.
And as for your car letting you down, well that's just wrong. Hopefully an extra day at Disney can put a smile back on your face. :hug:

Holy Cow it was HOT!
It was unusually humid and I did not bring enough changes of clothes.

My DW and I collected over 100 squished coins. These little machines come and go.. We found one in DTD and the next day it was gone.
I got to take my DW through GC. I was telling her how much the room cost.... then as we walk into the big main room she declares... "worth it"!

I have to go through my pictures. I took over 200 so I need to weed out the looses and I'll get some posted.

If your headed down take a water bottle. I really wish we brought tours.

Holy Cow it was HOT!
If your headed down take a water bottle. I really wish we brought tours.

Very, very good advice. :thumbsup2
Also, everyone, remember that cups of water are free at most quick service locations. And I've always been able to get them at Starbucks.

We arrive on the weekend for 5 days. I really don't know what I was thinking, booking an August trip. This Canadian girl can't handle too much heat. I'll make sure to add a water bottle to my suitcase.

Woo Hoo! As of last night, my family is doing an end of month, impromptu trip to DL! 8/30-9/3 at DLH w/ 3-day PH & MP! It'll be our first time staying at the DLH! :love:My husband offered to take us for a 10th birthday surprise for our daughter. We will leave after school on Thurs as her birthday is on Fri. I am so excited, I already have reservations for Carthay, Carnation Cafe, and Jazz Kitchen. I wasn't able to get a dining package res for Paint the Night at the Carthay. :guilty: I don't think my hubby is interested in the Blue Bayou, so I'll pass on that even though I enjoyed the Fantasmic seating that came along w/ that. I'll hold off on that until our trip next October. I'm not even sure what to do w/ myself as far as planning! I think I'll try to get my family out early to beat the heat, but that will be a challenge. Gosh, so I'm so excited, and my kid doesn't have a clue!! :teeth::flower1:pixiedust:

This waiting is killer, I just put in our grocery order for water and snacks. Now I don't really have anything else to do before we go except for packing. I think I will start Friday evening because I am off. I don't have another full day before we go and I have managed to bugger my ankle up.. have a partial tear of my Achilles :scared: I am trying to take it easy but staying off it is hard... Hoping it feels better we have just under 2 weeks :worship:

This waiting is killer, I just put in our grocery order for water and snacks. Now I don't really have anything else to do before we go except for packing. I think I will start Friday evening because I am off. I don't have another full day before we go and I have managed to bugger my ankle up.. have a partial tear of my Achilles :scared: I am trying to take it easy but staying off it is hard... Hoping it feels better we have just under 2 weeks :worship:
Oh no! I hope your Achilles feels better soon. That's definitely rough with all the walking. Don't feel bad if you have to rent an ECV! Good vibes that it won't come down to that though.

We will also be leaving in about 2 weeks. It's starting to become very real. I cannot wait!!!!

Oh no! I hope your Achilles feels better soon. That's definitely rough with all the walking. Don't feel bad if you have to rent an ECV! Good vibes that it won't come down to that though.

We will also be leaving in about 2 weeks. It's starting to become very real. I cannot wait!!!!

Thank you!! I am hoping it doesn't come to a chair... This getting old is for the birds lol

For anyone who has not seen it Dollar Rent A car is running a one day sale today 8-8-18. Use Promo Code: 101368 to save 30% off their pay later rate.

I was able to save over $35 off my Avis rate for a nine day rental in 2 weeks.

Just returned from 5 days in the park -- DD18 is still there. Man, was it hot! But we still had a great time. I ended up having to rent an ECV due to a foot injury. I was worried about that but it was fine. Easy to drive and no one gave me any attitude.

Hardest thing about it was watching out for people who cut in front of you and people not watching where they're going. I was going to say I ran into one person, but that's not really true, he ran into me. Teenage boy walking BACKWARDS across the main walkway in Adventureland. :confused3:confused3

Just returned from 5 days in the park -- DD18 is still there. Man, was it hot! But we still had a great time. I ended up having to rent an ECV due to a foot injury. I was worried about that but it was fine. Easy to drive and no one gave me any attitude.

Hardest thing about it was watching out for people who cut in front of you and people not watching where they're going. I was going to say I ran into one person, but that's not really true, he ran into me. Teenage boy walking BACKWARDS across the main walkway in Adventureland. :confused3:confused3

Did you end up renting before hand? or once you got there? I have managed to bugger my ankle up and am hoping it will be ok. I really don't want to have to rent a chair of EVC and am hoping I can just limp around....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!