*o* August Check-In Thread *o*

This waiting is killer, I just put in our grocery order for water and snacks. Now I don't really have anything else to do before we go except for packing. I think I will start Friday evening because I am off. I don't have another full day before we go and I have managed to bugger my ankle up.. have a partial tear of my Achilles :scared: I am trying to take it easy but staying off it is hard... Hoping it feels better we have just under 2 weeks :worship:
Oh, man, I hope you get better before you go! I'm struggling with a nerve being pinched by ribs & found out last month I have compression fractures on two vertebrae, but at least they're feeling better. I'm glad Matterhorn is closed because I enjoyed it so much when I rode with you, I'm not sure I could restrain myself!

Cool! Where will you be driving from?
I’ll be leaving the Bay Area hopefully at 6am as long as the wife doesn’t fall too far behind schedule. So probably will be leaving at 7. I hope to be through LA by mid day to not get caught in traffic. Then we will make a stop at a cigar lounge near the park and enjoy a relaxing cigar before check in time at desert inn and suites. Then after unpacking we’ll head over to the park for dinner and a few hours of Disney magic before starting in earnest on Thursday.

Glad to see it is not going to be too hot, high 80’s for the rest of the week.

Then we will make a stop at a cigar lounge near the park and enjoy a relaxing cigar before check in time at desert inn and suites.
Please let me know what you think of your hotel. I'll be staying there in a few weeks.

What's the weather like ? I'm leaving Friday and spending a couple of days in LA before coming to DL on Monday. Are tank tops ok ? Trying to decide on how to pack.

i keep changing up my hotel. finally settled on the four points Sheraton. I got it on priceline for 101, 120 with tax. that was the cheapest hotel that was decent that I could find. Im scared and nervous. I kind of messed up my knee 2 weeks ago while exercising and had been unable to walk, I thought I would have to rent a ecv to get around, but the leg seems to be doing much better now after a brace and steroids. so trying to take it easy to prevent any last minute injuries. I don't arrive until 930pm, but I kind of want to do something Thursday night, but it seems everything will be closed. I wish DL was open til midnight like MK sometimes is. I remember my first trip to WDW, we went to the park at 12pm, came back to the room and took a nap at ~4pm, and got up at 9pm, went to the park in time for the fireworks, and left at 1am. that was fun!

oh sorry you hurt yourself. Seems to be a few of us who have managed to mess ourselves up before leaving... I remember when I took my daughter years ago at the same time the parks were open late.. We would go in the mornings, come back relax in the room and pool and head back for the evening. Or just skip the morning and go around dinner time and stay till close.

But with the earlier closings I will be trying to stick it out in the heat..

I had great 5 days at the park...
Thanks to all the great tips I found here!
( might write a trip report later if I have time...)

So some stuff that might be interesting...

• Some Halloween stuff already hit the shops...
  • I got my yellow Mickey balloon popcorn bucket at Main Street town square (it was the only location yesterday and the CM said it is because he had run out of sullie buckets...)
  • Monday crowds are still bad...but manageable with maxpass
  • I loved fireworks from „it’s a small world“ because I was able to sit and it wasn’t that crowded and it was easier for me to follow the show because I didn’t need to swivel my had constantly ( and missing the 2 flying elements wasn’t a dealbreaker at all for me)
  • Donald loves the Donald hats so if you want some great Interaktion with him or the chip 'n dales (who don’t like it and act accordingly) go for it...
  • The turnstiles which are blocked by the trees still work out great (thanks for that great tip)
  • Those free water cups are great!( thanks as well for mentioning it)
  • I loved my blue bayou lunch with F! It was amazing! I had the Monte Christi sandwich and I think it might be back to normal size but it was my first Monte christo and I can’t find the photo of the reduced size so I am not sure and don’t wanna raise any false hopes...( I could hardly eat half of it and ate the rest as dinner)
  • The Disney Resort Express worked great for me and was so much more reading than driving
I wish you all a great trip and a magical time!

I had great 5 days at the park...
Thanks to all the great tips I found here!
( might write a trip report later if I have time...)

So some stuff that might be interesting...

• Some Halloween stuff already hit the shops...
  • I got my yellow Mickey balloon popcorn bucket at Main Street town square (it was the only location yesterday and the CM said it is because he had run out of sullie buckets...)
  • Monday crowds are still bad...but manageable with maxpass
  • I loved fireworks from „it’s a small world“ because I was able to sit and it wasn’t that crowded and it was easier for me to follow the show because I didn’t need to swivel my had constantly ( and missing the 2 flying elements wasn’t a dealbreaker at all for me)
  • Donald loves the Donald hats so if you want some great Interaktion with him or the chip 'n dales (who don’t like it and act accordingly) go for it...
  • The turnstiles which are blocked by the trees still work out great (thanks for that great tip)
  • Those free water cups are great!( thanks as well for mentioning it)
  • I loved my blue bayou lunch with F! It was amazing! I had the Monte Christi sandwich and I think it might be back to normal size but it was my first Monte christo and I can’t find the photo of the reduced size so I am not sure and don’t wanna raise any false hopes...( I could hardly eat half of it and ate the rest as dinner)
  • The Disney Resort Express worked great for me and was so much more reading than driving
I wish you all a great trip and a magical time!
Thank you SO much for the tips and info! I'm so happy you had a great trip. I love fireworks by IASW myself. And the tip about Donald Duck is so true. :thumbsup2

i keep changing up my hotel. finally settled on the four points Sheraton. I got it on priceline for 101, 120 with tax. that was the cheapest hotel that was decent that I could find. Im scared and nervous. I kind of messed up my knee 2 weeks ago while exercising and had been unable to walk, I thought I would have to rent a ecv to get around, but the leg seems to be doing much better now after a brace and steroids. so trying to take it easy to prevent any last minute injuries. I don't arrive until 930pm, but I kind of want to do something Thursday night, but it seems everything will be closed. I wish DL was open til midnight like MK sometimes is. I remember my first trip to WDW, we went to the park at 12pm, came back to the room and took a nap at ~4pm, and got up at 9pm, went to the park in time for the fireworks, and left at 1am. that was fun!

You may already know this, but DL is open til midnight during much of the summer. It just isn't open that late during late August.

Yeah it sucks bc I think the last midnight day was on Sunday. I would’ve gone tonight if it was open late tonight too. Oh. Well I’ll get a fresh start tomorrow

Anyone that is coming I say pack a lot of undergarments! I have been changing my undergarments when we come back to the hotel for our break.

Less than a week! A bit nervous about the Monday crowds but I think a good strategy is to take advantage of early morning as we are on site and use maxpass. We have an early dinner at wine country trattoria so will head out of DCA around 11 for lunch. We have hoppers so might go to dlr at 4 for a bit and then dca for dinner or maybe go to dca first and after dinner go to dlr. but given we will do early morning the next day maybe not. My 8 year old might be too tired

Our trip is Aug 22-26 and we are so excited. My DD and I are flying in Wednesday evening and staying at the Fairfield Maingate. We will do DCA mostly on 8/23 and DH will fly in that evening. We plan a beach day for Thursday as DH is not a Disney fan. 8/25 will be DL park for DD’s (actual) 12th birthday. We fly home early the next day. It’s DD’s first time to California and she has no clue we are going. We are telling her tonight at an early family birthday party for her.

We were in Florida in June for a dance competition, so she and I were able to do two days at WDW. What a summer: start with 2 at WDW and ending with two days at DLR. I’m especially looking forward to my first visit to DCA. Happy traveling all!

I agree with above for lots of change of clothes and extra shoes Incase yours get wet on splash mountain.

Was really busy at the park today. Much busier than the last few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter