*o* August Check-In Thread *o*

Our trip is Aug 22-26 and we are so excited. My DD and I are flying in Wednesday evening and staying at the Fairfield Maingate. We will do DCA mostly on 8/23 and DH will fly in that evening. We plan a beach day for Thursday as DH is not a Disney fan. 8/25 will be DL park for DD’s (actual) 12th birthday. We fly home early the next day. It’s DD’s first time to California and she has no clue we are going. We are telling her tonight at an early family birthday party for her.

We have twin trips!! We'll be there the same dates, same hotel and are celebrating my birthday which is the 25th also! Hope you guys have an amazing trip!!!

FA7E208C-DACF-4BB9-903F-69952BDBA41B.jpeg [GALLERY=][/GALLERY][GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
We have twin trips!! We'll be there the same dates, same hotel and are celebrating my birthday which is the 25th also! Hope you guys have an amazing trip!!!
That’s great. Say hello if you see us around and happy birthday week! I’m 6’ so I stand out in a crowd.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

That is so funny! I am going to celebrate my birthday on the 25th! I hope we all have magical birthdays and a great time.

6 more days for us! I was just watching some DLR update video's and "Slice of Disney" was showing the walls around the Tiki Room. It also looks like the Dole Whip stand is walled off :sad::sad::sad:.

Can this be true; is there no way to get a DW?

6 more days for us! I was just watching some DLR update video's and "Slice of Disney" was showing the walls around the Tiki Room. It also looks like the Dole Whip stand is walled off :sad::sad::sad:.

That stinks! I'll really miss the Tiki Room this trip.

All hope is not lost though -- you can get a Dole Whip at the Coffee House at the Disneyland Hotel. If you'd like, they will even make a Dole Whip float with a shot of rum. :drinking1

That stinks! I'll really miss the Tiki Room this trip.

All hope is not lost though -- you can get a Dole Whip at the Coffee House at the Disneyland Hotel. If you'd like, they will even make a Dole Whip float with a shot of rum. :drinking1

Oh my, I will have to try that!
Hopefully someone can confirm that I'm wrong about it being closed. Whats a Disney trip without a Dole Whip!?!

What's the link to the video that shows the Tiki Juice Bar walled off?

I can't say what's going on right now, but when we were there the first few days after the Tiki Room closed (2nd week of August), the juice bar was still open.

What's the link to the video that shows the Tiki Juice Bar walled off?

I can't say what's going on right now, but when we were there the first few days after the Tiki Room closed (2nd week of August), the juice bar was still open.

Here you go (skip to 4:49):
In fairness, they never say the stand is closed. It just looks that way to me.

I had a Dole Whip two days ago. The construction walls do not encompass the DW place. One other note: I'm not sure I understood the setup fully, but there appeared to be a second ordering counter on the other side of the building, i.e. just in front of the wall. Dozens of people were lined up before the one counter that was on the side of the regular walkway. But take a look at the other side before you join that huge line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter