O-town?????????

Hi

Just thought I'd drop in. I think some members of this band do play their own instruments, but dancing seems to be more important to the producers of this band. I heard they are also starting to get involved in the song writing part. But, I like the rejects of O-town better. Do a search on LMNT at AOL and check them out.

I, too, don't consider BoyzIIMen a "boy band"... that IMHO is an insult to a class act like that! That would be like comparing the Supremes to the Spice Girls!

Boy bands are girl magnets, more focussed on flash than on talent. Boyz are not pretty boys by any stretch of the imagination. Just not the same thing to me. The fact that boy bands are talented are an extra, but not the requirement!

I'm here I'm here
One, O-Town does play their own instruments.
On their tours there are songs where some of the members play guitar.
So...yes they play instruments.
Two, the guys write their own music and have a large part in their debut album (which is dropping on October 8th..look for the new single in late summer early fall:rolleyes: )
Three, Nsync is on a 14 month hiatus, BSB was gone a long time ago..so you will be hearing a lot more of O-Town now because they are not a boyband they are a musical group.
They are talented.
Ok I've said my piece. I'm done.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions however.
I love my boys and will always support them.

daughter of amid: I'm glad you love your band, I loved David Cassidy and Donny Osmond when I was a kid! :D

This particular band, O-Town, just happened to catch my eye this morning because they were on Good Morning America and they kept showing the stage where they were about to perform, and I could see these older guys holding and playing instruments. This was when they were just warming up, the members of O-Town were not yet on stage, so I assumed that these older guys were the roadies, warming up the instruments for the younger guys. Then a little while later I looked up when I heard them singing and was surprised to STILL see these older guys playing the instruments. That's why I posted my initial question.

I guess I'm old :teeth: I've had a lot of friends in bands who sang and played the instuments, and like I said, having only boys, I'm really out of the loop of how these bands operate, although, like someone pointed out, there have been vocal-bands around for a long time too....

I just want to reiterate that I am not and was not knocking O-Town. I was simply wondering why the band was formed using kids singing, and older guys playing the instruments. Now that it's been explained to me, that this is how the bands mostly perform these days, it makes sense.

Now....to steal a phrase from Long Duck Dong in Sixteen Candles..."JEES!" :teeth:

I think they have good music, and they are cute! hehe I have their first CD and LOVE it.

Originally posted by Cotye:

Boyz II Men did start off the trend of boy bands

I thought that New Kids On The Block were the first to start the trend? I could be wrong...

Actually, I thought New Edition started the whole boy band trend......then NKOTB came next......

Thinking it over now, I guess you can say that the Osmonds and the Jacksons were the first boy bands...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter