Oakland A's slogan "Rooted in Oakland" doesn't translate well to Australian slang

My take on their usage of rooted is that they just mean they want to stay put as opposed to leaving not that their origins are in Oakland (and I could be wrong on my take). They've been in Oakland since 1968 which these days I must admit is quite a long time for a major professional franchise (even if it has switched slightly in names).
They've been the Oakland Athletics since 1968. By the end of this year the Warriors will have had one name change and played home games (including postseason) in 5 different arenas. The Raiders will have played in Oakland, then LA, back to Oakland, and in Las Vegas in 2020.

I think there was a bit of resentment from some of the A's fanbase about proposals to move to San Jose or even Fremont.

There is room for a new stadium right next to the one they have now. But there would be little extra buffer for the construction. But there is not enough room where Oracle sits.
It would be a heck of tight fit, but I think it might be possible. If you look at the layout of a stadium like Oracle Park, the narrowest dimension would actually fit between the parking lot exit lanes and the current stadium. Not sure why they would do it though since the building is in excellent condition despite its age. The last time I was in the arena (2016) I thought it looked fine.

They've been the Oakland Athletics since 1968. By the end of this year the Warriors will have had one name change and played home games (including postseason) in 5 different arenas. The Raiders will have played in Oakland, then LA, back to Oakland, and in Las Vegas in 2020.

I think there was a bit of resentment from some of the A's fanbase about proposals to move to San Jose or even Fremont.
They were the Oakland A's from 1968-1986, then in 1987 they switched to Oakland Athletics which is the minor name change I was referring to.

My mind likes to either say the A's or even refer to the older name of the Oakland A's lol. I rarely honestly say Oakland Athletics though that is their actual name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!