Oasis class questions? Here to help!

Chronic Daydreamer

Earning My Ears
Hi there!
I was just over in the DCL thread and noticed a post from a youth activates counsellor offering to answer questions and thought i'd offer the same. I've been working as cruise staff on the Oasis class ships for 2 years, and I know a lot of folks come on not quiet sure of how everything works on the big ships, so if you have any questions feel free to ask me and i'll do my best to answer! Most of my knowledge is around entertainment, but I can probably help with other things as well, boarding day questions, shore excursions, etc. feel free to ask away!

Hi! Do the Oasis class ships have guest acts of magicians/jugglers/illusionists for evening shows? Or is just comedians for the adults? Thanks.

Hi! Do the Oasis class ships have guest acts of magicians/jugglers/illusionists for evening shows? Or is just comedians for the adults? Thanks.

They usually have one variety act per cruise that changes each week, sometimes it's a musical act, sometimes it's magic or a Vantriolquist, i have seen a juggler come on board on occasion, it will be called 'headliner showtime' and you should be able to check on boarding day who/what it is for your cruise at the box office if you can't get any info on it before your cruise, it's usually the easiest show to get into :)

Hi!

Question about the Teen programming...

My daughter is 14 soon to be 15 (High School student). I told her she would be in the age 12-14 group (to which she gave me the stink eye)!

How strict are they with age groups?

And Thanks for your offer of help!

Can you tell me if the refreshment package includes milk shakes from Johnny Rockets on Harmony? I keep reading differing accounts. Also, do you think the Wow bands are worth buying? We get them for free in a junior suite (I believe) but wanted to know for the couple traveling with us. Thanks!

Hi!

Question about the Teen programming...

My daughter is 14 soon to be 15 (High School student). I told her she would be in the age 12-14 group (to which she gave me the stink eye)!

How strict are they with age groups?

And Thanks for your offer of help!

Generally the majority of teen events and activities happen altogether (unless it is a really high teen count cruise), but they will split up for activities like the rockwall, flowrider, skates, more so its lower numbers and not so much of a wait and for the evening parties.

I know oasis just changed though, and they could be one combined group now.

As for moving group. Prepare for a no, but it will probably be a yes. You won't know until onboard. It depends on a number of factors: numbers, managers, staff, recent comments. (I cant remember of a parent/guardian has to sign a waiver, like they do for 11 year old bump ups).
Most teen clubs on the ships use wristbands, some use stickers on the key card, to identify teens (two different colours if they are using two different age groups). A lot of the time the teen club is just a hang out and many will meet up and often go and do their own thing anyway.

Before they became the Aquatheatre Suites the rear balconies were the perfect spot to chill out. Any similar non-deck 5 spots you can recommend now?

Before they became the Aquatheatre Suites the rear balconies were the perfect spot to chill out. Any similar non-deck 5 spots you can recommend now?

Next to the rock walls on deck 7, on both sides if you walk around towards the railing there's a little balcony area, which is especially good if you're in an interior cabin, they have a few chairs on each side. There's also a little area in central park near jamies that's quiet at times, if you're walking from dazzles take the path that goes right

Can you tell me if the refreshment package includes milk shakes from Johnny Rockets on Harmony? I keep reading differing accounts. Also, do you think the Wow bands are worth buying? We get them for free in a junior suite (I believe) but wanted to know for the couple traveling with us. Thanks!
I'm going to double check about the milk shakes with a friend and get back to you. I personally wouldn't say the wow bands are worth it, with that said they're not that expensive, you can't use them to get off the ship so you will still need your card for that, if they'd like to be able to wonder around the ship without having to bring belongings or carry things they can be convenient for that. It's more a matter for personal preferance

Havent been on Oasis in a year. Are you still onboard and sailing out of Miami?

My son has gotten milkshakes on Oasis and Allure with the refreshment package. But this was before Oasis being refurbed. He was able to get milkshakes on Liberty for the 14 nights we were on last month. But I understand it is different ship to ship on if milkshakes from JR is included in the refreshment package.

Hi there!
I was just over in the DCL thread and noticed a post from a youth activates counsellor offering to answer questions and thought i'd offer the same. I've been working as cruise staff on the Oasis class ships for 2 years, and I know a lot of folks come on not quiet sure of how everything works on the big ships, so if you have any questions feel free to ask me and i'll do my best to answer! Most of my knowledge is around entertainment, but I can probably help with other things as well, boarding day questions, shore excursions, etc. feel free to ask away!

Hi. Did RCCL add wow bands to Oasis of the Seas as part of the “Amplified” retrofit? I’ve seen a couple of planners from the sailings since the retrofit make mention of them.

Hi!
I am going on Oasis in February. I have a couple of questions. :)

Are the pools heated?
How does the Key work? Is there a line like the fast pass line at Disney? I've heard that there is only 1 hour per cruise per activity offered just for the Key members.
Does the Starbucks on board take GCs? Some of the smaller ones in the stores where I live do not honor the GCs.

Thanks!

Sorry that it's taken me a while to get to answering, it's been a busy few weeks!

Hi. Did RCCL add wow bands to Oasis of the Seas as part of the “Amplified” retrofit? I’ve seen a couple of planners from the sailings since the retrofit make mention of them.

I'm not on Oasis at the moment (they rotate which ship we're on) but my friend who's there says yes to wow band being added

Hi!
I am going on Oasis in February. I have a couple of questions. :)

Are the pools heated?
How does the Key work? Is there a line like the fast pass line at Disney? I've heard that there is only 1 hour per cruise per activity offered just for the Key members.
Does the Starbucks on board take GCs? Some of the smaller ones in the stores where I live do not honor the GCs.

Thanks!

Yes I believe the pools are heated but not to a large degree, being that most of the time in spent in the very hot Caribbean!
The key get's you a few special benefits: special lunch on boarding day, the ability to drop your small luggage off once you're on the ship on boarding day and have it delivered to your room once it's ready, priority boarding and debarking (this is like a fastpass line), vip seating at shows (but you still need a reservation) and special sessions on sporting things like the flow rider, I think how often they do them just depends on your sailing length and itinerary, and internet. They've been working through kinks and what is and isn't included in the key program from a few months since it realised, but they've finally started to smooth it out and get all crew members informed about what's included, but if you end up getting it don't be surprised if a few crew member's you encounter still don't know about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!