Oasis of the Seas Accident today in Dry Dock in Grand Bahama

Thanks! Fortunately, we were able to secure a Disney Dream 4 day to replace this one. Not quite the same - going from a 7 day balcony room to a 4 day interior room but at least we still get to cruise for Spring Break. The kids are excited about the AquaDuck so they are not too disappointed with the change.
Glad you were able to pivot. Sucks that your Oasis cruise got cancelled.

Also glad that Royal did the right thing here, even though this was an accident out of their control. Make sure you use that credit!

This is such a miserable situation for everyone involved. So happy that there are no serious injuries. I know that I LIVE for vacations. I would be devastated if the plans I had been working for a year suddenly went poof. RCI is doing the right thing with refunds and FFCs but it still isn’t enough to make up for the emotional impact for many in the short term! For anyone involved - sending hugs and wish you the very best in making new plans quickly!!!

Hopefully our plans on the Oasis of the Seas from Barcelona to Italy on May 5th won’t be affected. So happy no one was injured... it would, however , be nice to know if we should book something else:-)

Hopefully our plans on the Oasis of the Seas from Barcelona to Italy on May 5th won’t be affected. So happy no one was injured... it would, however , be nice to know if we should book something else:-)
If not, Vision of the Seas and Celebrity Infinity leave on the 6th and Explorer of the Seas leaves on the 7th. Not sure about itineraries or availability though... (Or if RCCL would let you use your FCC on Celebrity, but since they own Celebrity, I bet they would...)

I feel for you. We are booked on the June 13th from Rome. I am not an expert on these things but part of me feels like them being able to get the boat to Cadiz soon is a good sign ( means the boat can sail) or once they get the boat to Cadiz they find more damage that would delay later sailings... I dont know if its a good sign our sailings are still sellable? but worse is they get the boat to Cadiz, mid to end april and THEN cancel later sailings..

If I knew now, AND got my refund I can make other plans.. Right now we are financially stuck waiting this one out. We just dont have another 6 grand lying around to book and then what happens if it does sail. We also just paid for our August trip to Floriday, WDW and DCL. This sailing we booked 2 years ago. and slowly paid it off. If i booked a back-up now and Oasis does sailing, then I am out my Oasis non-refundable sailing.. We are right now at the Mercy of who ever. what ever.

I need to check with DH about insurance.. usually we have a yearly thing. I just havent mentioned this to the kids or DH, we live in Germany so they havent heard about the incident. I figure why get all nervous is maybe in the end nothing changes.

The whole thing is interesting though as we are also booked in the Fantas for August, paid that one off too now. Were this situation the Fantasy and not the Oasis sailing, i would be a mess and hysterical.. For me the tie with Disney is more emotional, FE etc.... WDW

She’s moving!!! With own power towards Spain!!! Great sign for May/June sailings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!