OBB or Onboard Bookings, please school me.

Snowwhyt

I feel the Magic with every visit ❤️
Thanks to Titay2005 “NextCruise” is Royal Caribbean’s onboard future cruise booking team available to help book your next Royal Caribbean adventure.

Reasons to book with NextCruise:

• The richest offer on any sailing guaranteed
  • Get up to $600 in onboard creditor dollars off your next cruise(notes below)
  • Deposits as low as $100 per person on select fares
  • Handpick your stateroom or suite from the broadest selection
  • Book up to three staterooms for yourself, friends or family on any cruise with the same benefits
  • Save up to 10% off future Shore Excursions when you pre-plan them onboard
  • Combine offer with Crown & Anchor® Society exclusive savings
  • Your travel advisor gets full credit for any booking
  • 4-5 night cruises
    • Interior/Oceanview rooms: $25
    • Balcony/Junior Suites: $50
    • Grand Suite and above: $150
  • 6-9 night cruises
    • Interior/Oceanview rooms: $50
    • Balcony/Junior Suites: $100
    • Grand Suite and above: $300
  • 10 nights or longer cruises
    • Interior/Oceanview rooms: $100
    • Balcony/Junior Suites: $200
    • Grand Suite and above: $500

Here’s what I know about Disney on board booking:
• Placeholder - You have two years to start sailing the day/ship you wish to sail. (No Extensions)

• OBB perks
Onboard Booking Discounts -

When booking onboard, you are allowed to book 2 reservations per household that will receive the 10% discount, 10% deposit and onboard credit. They must be for the same future sail date.

Disney Cruise Line will allow you to book more than the 2 reservations for future sailings but they will not have the deposit reduction or 10% Discount. They will have an onboard credit.

• Onboard credit for cruises of less than 7 nights = $100
• Onboard credit for cruises of 7 nights and longer = $200

10% discount cannot be used on the following discount codes or blackout dates listed by Disney each year.
• Discount Codes - will be under special offers on the DCL website when/if they are offered.
MTO - Military discount
KFO - Kids sail free offer
FLR - Florida resident discount
CAN - Canadian resident discount

Last edited:
On royal the next cruise bookings give you some OBC that starts off at $50 and all the way up to $500 that will vary depending on length of cruise and cabin type booked. Inside cabin for 7 nights will get you $50 OBC and 8 nights of more in a grand suite or higher will get you the $500 OBC.

Also you can qualify for reduced deposit of $100, if you book a non refundable deposit fare.

On royal the next cruise bookings give you some OBC that starts off at $50 and all the way up to $500 that will vary depending on length of cruise and cabin type booked. Inside cabin for 7 nights will get you $50 OBC and 8 nights of more in a grand suite or higher will get you the $500 OBC.

Also you can qualify for reduced deposit of $100, if you book a non refundable deposit fare.
I like to restate things so I can be sure I understand. Could you correct me where I am mistaken please?
So the $600 savings listed each day, with slightly different wording, at the bottom of the cruise compass is a possible $500 onboard-credit + $100 is a discount only on a “use it or lose it” booking? There is no discount on regular fare as a prior guest? Only discount offered comes with a no refund stipulation?

How can I find the breakdown used for each class of room and offer of onboard credit for each size room?

This is from RCL website:

NextCruise is our onboard future cruise booking team available to help you book your next Royal Caribbean adventure.

Reasons to book with NextCruise:

• The richest offer on any sailing guaranteed
  • Get up to $600 in onboard creditor dollars off your next cruise
  • Deposits as low as $100 per person on select fares
  • Handpick your stateroom or suite from the broadest selection
  • Book up to three staterooms for yourself, friends or family on any cruise with the same benefits
  • Save up to 10% off future Shore Excursions when you pre-plan them onboard
  • Combine offer with Crown & Anchor® Society exclusive savings
  • Your travel advisor gets full credit for any booking
This is from the RCL Blog page
  • 4-5 night cruises
    • Interior/Oceanview rooms: $25
    • Balcony/Junior Suites: $50
    • Grand Suite and above: $150
  • 6-9 night cruises
    • Interior/Oceanview rooms: $50
    • Balcony/Junior Suites: $100
    • Grand Suite and above: $300
  • 10 nights or longer cruises
    • Interior/Oceanview rooms: $100
    • Balcony/Junior Suites: $200
    • Grand Suite and above: $500

This is from RCL website:
They don’t mention a 10% discount upfront on cost like Disney. Although I did see the 10% for sure excursion discount, that’s a nice plus. Do they offer different sales?

They don’t mention a 10% discount upfront on cost like Disney. Although I did see the 10% for sure excursion discount, that’s a nice plus. Do they offer different sales?
They don't offer any other discount for on board bookings. You get what ever sale is going on at the time.

So with OBB, travel agent gets full commission. Do TAs usually offer perks on top of OBBs? Is there still that possibility that TAs can adjust your rate if a better offer comes out and still get the other perks?

Can always book on board, get perks then watch internet updates for BETTER SAVINGS. While on Oasis in 2016 we future booked a Grand Suite. Watching internet saw that price had gone down, called RCCL and got new price and lowered insurance cost. Internet price went down again, called again, bill went down again. Crazy deal(at least I thought it was) shows up on internet again, I called again, had to up my deposit and lost $100.00 OBC but changed to a Crown Loft for hundred$ less than the last lowered price of Grand Suite. While on November's Oasis Crown Loft Western cruise got email with a price reduction for our Mariner 2 Bedroom Suite cruise. Went to NextCruise asked if the price was right and was told YES but he could not do anything other than get RCCL on the phone for me to talk to directly. Spoke with RCCL and got the lowered price on the 2020 Mariner. A couple months ago another email with another deal so back with RCCL. Having booked the 2 Bedroom Stern Suite for only DW and myself and with this NEW DEAL I could now add DD and DSIL for less than $800.00 also with Concierge.

They don't offer any other discount for on board bookings. You get what ever sale is going on at the time.
So was that through the Royal Caribbean website or is there other places I should be looking? Do you think there will be sales I could participate in if we have a January 2020 trip scheduled? Food? Beverages? What kind of sales do they offer? .

Can always book on board, get perks then watch internet updates for BETTER SAVINGS. While on Oasis in 2016 we future booked a Grand Suite. Watching internet saw that price had gone down, called RCCL and got new price and lowered insurance cost. Internet price went down again, called again, bill went down again. Crazy deal(at least I thought it was) shows up on internet again, I called again, had to up my deposit and lost $100.00 OBC but changed to a Crown Loft for hundred$ less than the last lowered price of Grand Suite. While on November's Oasis Crown Loft Western cruise got email with a price reduction for our Mariner 2 Bedroom Suite cruise. Went to NextCruise asked if the price was right and was told YES but he could not do anything other than get RCCL on the phone for me to talk to directly. Spoke with RCCL and got the lowered price on the 2020 Mariner. A couple months ago another email with another deal so back with RCCL. Having booked the 2 Bedroom Stern Suite for only DW and myself and with this NEW DEAL I could now add DD and DSIL for less than $800.00 also with Concierge.
So was that through the Royal Caribbean website or is there other places I should be looking? Do you think there will be sales I could participate in if we have a January 2020 trip scheduled? Food? Beverages? What kind of sales do they offer? I have a panoramic windowed cabin(no veranda/deck) and that’s all I’ve purchased so far. It sounds like there’s a lot I can learn from you.

............................So was that through the Royal Caribbean website or is there other places I should be looking? Do you think there will be sales I could participate in if we have a January 2020 trip scheduled? Food? Beverages? What kind of sales do they offer? I have a panoramic windowed cabin(no veranda/deck) and that’s all I’ve purchased so far. It sounds like there’s a lot I can learn from you.

Latest is this ---- https://www.royalcaribbean.com/

Couple of weeks ago it was 30% OFF 2nd, 3rd, 4th quests and before that was 60% off 2nd guest. Just go on every so often to check it out and call RCCL if it looks like a deal.

How can I find prices for dinner packages? Do they go on sale? Anything else go on sale? Drinks? Bingo? Cooking class? Tasting class?

How can I find prices for dinner packages? Do they go on sale? Anything else go on sale? Drinks? Bingo? Cooking class? Tasting class?
Check your cruise planner. They will have lists of what is offered and the price for each. Dinner packages do go on sale, so book one and if it goes on sale, cancel the first one and book the new one.
Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter