OBC, excursions, Palo with different payers in room...

disneygirl922

Earning My Ears
Cruising in July with an all-adult group, and I have a couple of questions about OBC...

I'm staying in a room with 3 other adults. I know we can each put different credit cards associated with our individual KTTW cards. How does applying Disney gift cards work with this? Would I be able to apply my gift cards to my own personal account?

How does booking excursions, spa treatments and whatnot work? Will there be a place to specify whose account will be paying for these?

For booking Palo brunch, how will it work if it's a reservation for two, but we are in different rooms?

If anyone could shed any light on any of these questions, I would greatly appreciate it! I've searched the forum for the answers, but was unsuccessful.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Surprised no one has answered you yet, but I'll give it a shot. If the reservations are linked, then when you book your brunch you can choose the two people who will be in the brunch. If they are not linked, this is a bit more complicated and I'm not sure it's possible to do ahead of time without calling Disney. I'm pretty sure you can work out how exactly the charge will break out at the end of brunch as you do not pay ahead of time

As for the gift cards, you would simply take them to guest services to have it added to your account while on the ship. I would recommend doing that early on as they do charge your CC periodically throughout the cruise depending on how much you put on your account.

Surprised no one has answered you yet, but I'll give it a shot. If the reservations are linked, then when you book your brunch you can choose the two people who will be in the brunch. If they are not linked, this is a bit more complicated and I'm not sure it's possible to do ahead of time without calling Disney. I'm pretty sure you can work out how exactly the charge will break out at the end of brunch as you do not pay ahead of time.

I think OP will not get many answers because the occurrence of people staying in the same room each paying their way is rather rare on DCL, unlike in WDW. A single family with a single payer usually occupies a room and extended families are split among multiple staterooms. Therefore, not many members can give an accurate answer. I was surprised OP said it is a possibility. I never saw anything pointing to it anywhere and never read about it in trip reports or threads.

If it is so, then paying for excursions will be easy since each ticket is associated to a particular guest and appears under his name on the onboard account.

To book Palo for a group including guests in multiple staterooms, those reservations need to be linked. Paiement will be easy since it is done at the end of the meal. Your waiter will be able to charge each card with the proper amount, including applying wine to one in particular if you want to.

I have traveled with my adult daughter several times and have listed different credit cards for each of us during online check in. I encourage the OP to visit guest services at the beginning of the cruise to verify the separate accounts - several times we have had a mix up - easily resolved onboard. In addition, we each had disney gift cards (purchased at Sams with discounts) to add to our accounts so we were at Guest services anyway...easy check

Enjoy your trip!

When you do online check in it asks about how payment will be made (credit card or cash). If you enter a credit card it asks who else in the cabin will be covered by the credit card. If you don't specify anyone else (or you are paying in cash), then each person would have to add their own payment method. You can then confirm it when you physically check in. Everything that is booked is booked against a name (and therefore account). One person can book others at the same time for the same activity if they are in the same cabin or linked cabins, but is not required to. As PP has stated, at Palo, just let the server know that different people will be paying. Every other charge, such as drinks you have to supply your card and sign so it will go to your account. You can also check and confirm charges at any time.

At Palo, you pay at the end of the meal. It doesn't pre charge your room. So, at the end of the meal, simply tell your server that you are each charging to your own stateroom accounts and present both room key cards.
If you were splitting a bottle of wine, you have to pick which account would be charged and settle up offline.

I travel often with my two friends with the 3 of us in one cabin.....we each indicate our own credit cards during online check in and in the terminal. We have 3 individual accounts. When asking for a printout at guest services I just say cabin number and my name and they print out my charges. Very easily done.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter