Obscure question about pocket watches

okeydokey

Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child.
I have my Dad's pocket watch, well it was his Fathers so it is quite old. It is inscribed with my Great Grandfathers name and dated 1920. It has not worked in decades. I would like to get it repaired as a Graduation gift for my son.

I have been trying to research reputable old watch repair places, as I will most likely have to send it to a knowledgeable person. Has anyone here ever done that? Any advise or recommendations?

I did it with my grandparents Mantle clock years ago. It took quite awhile to find an experienced watchmaker/repairer. I actually found him through a cobbler. Seems those type of tradesman are very familiar with each other - dying arts.

Does your trusted jeweler use a watch guy? Mine does, and that's who I use when I need my watch worked on. Good luck. What a nice gift to give your son.

I had luck also working with a local jeweler. The jeweler sent the watch out to be worked on. The repair job took a few weeks to be completed but it turned out well.

Ditto the rec for a jewelry. I worked in jewelry for years and we had a trusted watch guy we referred to for repairs. A good jeweler should know someone

I have my Dad's pocket watch, well it was his Fathers so it is quite old. It is inscribed with my Great Grandfathers name and dated 1920. It has not worked in decades. I would like to get it repaired as a Graduation gift for my son.

I have been trying to research reputable old watch repair places, as I will most likely have to send it to a knowledgeable person. Has anyone here ever done that? Any advise or recommendations?

Modern jewelers are great but if this is from 1920s you need to find someone who knows their stuff.

I don't have a jeweler. I did some digging and found a watch club with chapters all over the ountry. I sent an email to the president of the one in my area. Maybe he has a recommendation. Thanks all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter