Ocala

team bradfield

Happy Campers
Hi All

looking for a recommendation around Ocala area campgrounds, we stayed at Ocala North RV park last year and wont return, anyone have info on Highsprings campground or others in the area?

we typically stay at Ocala Sun at exit 341 when traveling down to disney. It is another 1.5 hours or slightly less from there to Disney. I definitely recommend it for an overnight. they have a big grass area that they do pull throughs for overnights. It just changed hands about a year ago but have never had issues. i will say it is not super close to a grocery store. In nov we stopped at the winn dixie it was a lot closer than the publix but in Jan when we stop we will go to the publix. The nov disney trip we did not cook much so winn dixie was fine for beer wine and snacks. In jan we plan to cook a lot so we are going to publix. it is probably 20 minute drive from campground. If you are looking to stay for a week it does not seem bad but i did not think there was much to do around the campground.

we typically stay at Ocala Sun at exit 341 when traveling down to disney. It is another 1.5 hours or slightly less from there to Disney. I definitely recommend it for an overnight. they have a big grass area that they do pull throughs for overnights. It just changed hands about a year ago but have never had issues. i will say it is not super close to a grocery store. In nov we stopped at the winn dixie it was a lot closer than the publix but in Jan when we stop we will go to the publix. The nov disney trip we did not cook much so winn dixie was fine for beer wine and snacks. In jan we plan to cook a lot so we are going to publix. it is probably 20 minute drive from campground. If you are looking to stay for a week it does not seem bad but i did not think there was much to do around the campground.

thanks, we are just stopping for 1 night before FW, I will look into this

Yes we prefer it for the overnight and there is a pilot or flying j at the exit to get gas. The campground is close the exit it’s just grocery store being 20 minutes away is my only problem so we deal with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!