Oceaneer Club questions

stiebermom

Mouseketeer
I have two questions regarding the Oceaneer Club:
1. My two daughters are in separate age groups (3/4 and 5/7). I see from the kid navigators that there are many activities at the same time in common. Does that mean that my 2 DD can enjoy in these activities together or will they be seperated?
2. I would love to take pictures and/or video at some of the special club activities when the characters arrive. I especially would love to see my DD3 reaction to Snow White and Tinkerbell. Is this permitted? Can parents visit the club to take pictures?
Thanks so much.
:)

I can't answer #! - But I can answer #2 -

You can visit any time you want - and video - We did video the Snow white visit and very glad we did - There were other parents there as well and taking pictures and video - they only thing is you can't get one on one pictures with the characters or autographs (understandibly- you would be there forever) - But I did see older kids in there as well enjoying the activities.

Karen

I believe that they are together for those, but I'm not 100 percent sure.

thanks for the replies. Is anyone aware of the Club's policy regarding 2 separate age groups being together for the activities listed for the same time?

Sorry to report I have no answers, I am in process of booking our first cruise and have wondered about same situation--my DD is 12, DS is 9 and it looks as though these 2 groups do same/similar activities in Oceaneer Lab. I'm very interested in further responses to your thread as my DD is hounding me about if she will "have" to be w/her brother!:cool: (my other DD is only 5 so this will not be an issue w/her).

I don't know about the planned activities, but if they are at the same time in the club, then I will assume they will be together, as I know at night the 2 age groups were always together, to watch the movie.

I think I have an answer.....

I have printed out the Navigaters from the Sept. 1 Cruise. (Sorry, forget which site I printed these from!) I printed out both the 3-4 and the 5-7 age groups. NO activity has the groups together. Does not look like they even go to the same showing of the 'Island Magic' show.

Ex: while 3-4 Dance with Snow White
the 5-7 do Gasses in Action.

PS: I want my son, 5, to be able to Dance with Snow White, for ages 3-4, Karen, you mention seeing older kids with the younger ones enjoying the activities... Hmmmm???? I always heard that your child MUST stay with the age group they are registered into. In the Navigators that I have printed out, Dancing with Snow White is on the first day. If it is the first big activity on our cruise, I actually have considered registering DS into the younger age group until after this, and then switching him into his real age group for the rest of the cruise!! ( I know that they do not allow kids to be switched back and forth.... so that is not an option.)

We were on the 10/26 Magic - DD was in the 3/4's and DS was in the 5-7's. When you get onboard you receive Navigators for both age groups and they are occasionally together - primarily in the morning and at night for movies. There are exceptions tho.

We by chance happened to be there for Snow White (it was ADORABLE) and took pics - others were videotaping and the counselors were fine with both. DS was not in there at that time. They have separate visits for the 5-7 group (Cptn Hook is one and beware, some kids (DS) are afraid of him) at different times. Once you have the age group Navigators it becomes much more clear

I did see older kids, but there were a lot of parents there as well. So I don't know if the parents brought them in and stayed? I don't know if that is allowed. I was thinking the same thing. On our next cruise our DD will be 5 and she will still want to do the Snow White and things. Captain Hook scares her very much - She is very much into the Disney Characters (except Hook) and it looks like they have more of that in the 3-4 bracket.

Karen

We went on the Magic Dec. 14th & had in our group four children ages: 3, 4, 5, & 6. The 3-4 year old group and the 5-7 year old group are in the club at a couple of the same times each day. We went through and marked these on the Navigator.

For dinner, the 3-4 and 5-7 groups are separated in the restaurant, and within each age group i.e. the 3-4 year olds, they are further separated i.e. a blue group, yellow group, red group for safety purposes. The grouping is determined by a sticker (dot) that is applied on their name tag when they arrive EACH day. If you have 2 kids in the same age group and you want them to walk to dinner together and sit together then they need the same dot (ex. yellow). Usually when you check them in they receive the same color dot and after a certain time period or number of children arrive, they change dot colors.

I hope this is not too confusing, but in answer to your original question, when BOTH groups are listed in their navigators as being in the club, they will be able to interact and play with one another.

Have fun!

How old are the kids? We cruised in May with my sister's family. Her son was a "mature" 4, so we got him in the 5-7 y/o group. They don't mind moving kids down as much as up, but he did fine.
If the age difference is close, consider putting them together.

My girls are 4,9,and 11. While my 4 year old has other friends going her age , and my 11 year old has her cousin (same age) going with her, my 9 year old has no one. I feel she will be hurt if she can't be with her sister and cousin. So, anyone know if my 9 and 11 year old will be together during activities?????????

Hoping so:( :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter