• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*Oct. 2003 Solos - WDW & DCL*

taswira

"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!
SOLO travelers ONLY - Are you headed for WDW or a DCL cruise in October and looking to meet other SOLO DISers? Or do you just want to let other solos know when you will be there? This is the place to post!

Don't forget to wear your lime green ribbon (or the lime green Mickey paint swatch from Home Depot)!

<a href="http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=393800" target="index">**SOLO CENTRAL - WDW & DCL**</A>

I will be arriving at WDW on 10/26 and staying until 11/2/03.

I plan to do both MNSSHP and HHN solo. Also, I plan to attend the F&W Festival.

:bounce:

I'll be there 10/24 to 10/31 or 11/1.

Planning on MNSSHP on 10/26

Deb

<B>Who:</B> Me - Shari.
<B>Where:</B> Disney <I>Magic</I> western Caribbean, <I>"Cruisetoberfest II"</I> cruise.
<B>When:</B> Oct. 11-18.

I'll also be at WDW <I>many</I> times throughout the month, including <B>MNSSHP on Oct. 19</B> and probably one other night. If you are solo and want to meet at the parks, you can post here or PM me.

I will be solo 10/18-25. I plan on going to MNSSHP on 10/19 & 10/24. I am also going to do the Backstage Safari Tour sometime that week.

I will be visiting Orlando during September/October...

I arrive Sept 20 for a week off-site and visits to Sea World, Busch, Kennedy, and Universal, then I'll be at WDW from Sept 27 - Oct 7.

I will be doing the Luau at the Poly on October 1 and MNSSHP on October 5.

I will be at WDW solo Oct 15-22 and will be at MNSSHP on Oct 19th. Will go get my Mickey Lime green paint sample this week.

I'll look for lime green at Adventurer's Club on the 18th.

I'm also going to WDW solo 10/18 - 25.

I believe there may be some DISer's at the Adventurers' Club on Pleasure Island the night of Saturday, Oct. 18. I expect to be there, wearing an "Alien Green" Mickey and maybe a ribbon or two. If I don't spot you first, please come up and say "Hi." :)

This must be a second or third thread or something. :confused:

Originally posted by billybaruch1
This must be a second or third thread or something. :confused:
All of the threads titled "Solos - WDW & DCL" with the month were started for SOLOS ONLY, who are doing either WDW or cruising DCL SOLO. This was meant to (and has succeeded in some cases ;) ) make it easier for SOLO adults to find other SOLO adults when looking to perhaps meet up with someone to do the parks or meals with, instead of for a solo to have to weed through the many posts of adults who are COUPLES or groups who might not be interested in meeting a solo. I hope this clears at least <I>some</I> of the confusion. :jester:

I'm sorry if I implied any confusion other than my own. Ha! There is an October 2003 thread (not specifically for solos) in this forum. It may pre-date this newer SOLOS ONLY grouping of posts.

Shari, the threads for which you "lobbied" are excellent, successful additions to this board. Thank you.

Bill

Excellent! So does anyone want to get together during our trips? Looks like we have a lot overlapping atleast a few days!

I'll be there Oct 23rd (but very late that night so only count from 24th on really LOL) to early midday Oct 31st. My MNSSHP ticket is for the 30th.

I would love to see you all there! :)

<B>BUMP</B> ::MinnieMo

BibbidyBobbidyBoo - I'll be around!

Hey all you DISer's, thanks a bunch. I've learned a lot here and now it's crunch time. I'll be arriving in just about a week and 15 minutes! :wave2:

I almost feel like I've "crammed" for a test. I mean all the details: extra magic hour: yea or nay for which parks on which days, Concourse or Yachtmens for best steak, how is Mears Transportation: 1 hour to get to WDW?, why do they sell tobacco at WDW resorts and Downtown Disney when Walt Disney died of lung cancer?, refillable mugs: worth it for only one stay or sold by CMs as good forever everywhere?

And many more: hear toilets at ASMo, room too small, how far is the walk, is it noisy with cheerleaders, how about the pools: too many teenagers?, how is the bus service, get the turkey wrap and the quesadillas at the food court, may we walk from All-Stars to Blizzard Beach, walk from AK to AKL?

And we have the newness of PhilharMagic and Mission: SPACE. Swiss Family Treehouse will be renewed and refreshed. (Forget about BTMRR) Epcot has the Food & Wine and live entertainment, Studios: go to Fantasmic! for standing room only and avoid the wait?, AK has the new enclosed FotLK and the new Dinosaur. So many attractions, so little time! ::yes::

Must go to DisneyQuest and Pleasure Island and Boardwalk. Enjoy some fun in the sun at TL and BB. Above all else, Kaki Gori, Dole Whips, and Turkey Legs! :Pinkbounc Also the Beverly. Maybe another trip to MK to see Wishes.

I know I've left a lot out. Any suggestions are welcome. Can't wait and hope y'all have lots and lots of Disney Days! :sunny:

Since the MK is open so late next Saturday, I'm not sure anymore about Oct. 18th at the AC. But I'll look for you all week if you're wearing the green! ::yes::

I am traveling solo and will still be at the AC on the night of the 18th. I am never been to the AC so I hope that I enjoy it as well as so many have.

I will be wearing a lime green passporter name tag. I hope that marks me well enough! (Being a macho guy, I don't quite feel comfortable with the color paint swatch on my chest! Even if it is in the shape of Mickey!) :crazy:

I am interested in saying HI to anyone I see there wearing "lime green!"

Ken ::yes::

Now I'm thinking the casual fun of the Adventurer's Club on Saturday night might be better than the MK. There were some posts about trampled flower beds and trampled children after the new Wishes show. I'll believe it when I see it, but in this case, I'd rather not see it (on a Saturday night).

I had big ideas about seeing FotLK at AK, then Fantasmic!, then Wishes, then going to the AC this coming Saturday night. It's still not set in stone, but I'm leaning towards my original idea of just going to DisneyQuest and then the AC. Hope to see everyone there! :sunny:

Bill

What are the mickey swatches people have been talking about? I'm leaving in a week and I need to do something so I can be recognized! It would be cool for atleast one person to see me there and realize I'm a DISer. :)

I'll be at MNSSHP on the 30th- and HHN definitely on the 28th... perhaps 26th and 29th also- not sure yet.

You can click here http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=393800 for the Mickey heads at Home Depot. They are free, but a little small, I think. I learned about them from Claudia K:

Bill,
Lime green ribbons have been used by The DIS people for years to identify each other. Wear one if you want to say Hello to other DIS'ers.

Just a few months ago, someone on The DIS came up with this really neat idea.
Go to your nearest Home Depot store, and go to the area where they sell paint.
There should be a display for Disney paint. All the swatches are in the shape of MICKEY heads. There is a perfect lime green color called "Alien Green". These are perfect to cut out and wear on your shirt.

I'm going to wear the lime green MICKEY heads WITH my lime green ribbon dangling from it.

Maybe I'll see ya there! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter