October 17-21 Mom & Daughter trip- So Ready to go again!

ELT

Earning My Ears
My first trip report so here goes...…….

DD (18) and I headed towards Disney on Saturday the 17th. We live in SC so we headed out around 10:00 am. We drove to Jacksonville and stayed the night at the Crowne Plaza hotel near the airport. This is our second stay there and I love the hotel. Front desk staff is so helpful and the hotel was clean and very nicely appointed. We had dinner at a near by Outback Steakhouse ( 10 out of 10 would not recommend) and went to bed early as we were heading towards Orlando in the morning. We headed out the next morning and arrived in Orlando around noon. We were staying at the Staybridge Suites (Royal Parc) which in near Old Town. I am an IHG Gold member and was using points for our 4 night stay in a 2 bedroom suite. I requested early arrival- called , no the room isn't ready try again at 2. Ok - so we headed to Old Town to look around and grabbed some chicken fingers. Then we headed to the outlet mall where my DD shopped for 4 hours straight! We arrived at the hotel around 4:30 and I will say I was not and am not impressed with this facility. Check in person was not very nice. We had a room on the fourth floor in the back. Drove around to the back- used the key card to open the sketchy gate and entered the elevator. First and last ride on that as we took the stairs every time after. The Pros: The room inside was great, refurbished & very clean. The beds were very comfortable and the kitchen had everything you could possibly need. It was nice us each having our own large bedroom and we each had our own bath. CONS: SKETCHY and I repeat SKETCHY. The area is off the road and surrounded by run down motels. Lots of "live in residents" , no managers reception, pool was closed yet people were swimming late night, cigarettes and rat droppings in stair wells. Tried to find an ice maker two nights and gave up. Front desk staff no help at all. We were locked out the room the first night and maintenance used a crow bar to get in. :( Second night locked out the outside gate. I would not recommend this hotel for families. After we got settled in we ordered a LYFT( we used this for transportation every day and it usually ran 13.00 one way) headed to Disney Springs where we shopped around and had reservations at Terralina. Terralina was ok. Our server was overwhelmed and forgot my salad but the pizza was good. We got a lyft home and went straight to bed. Next up Monday arrival at Epcot

Epcot Day

ordered a Lyft and was on the way to Epcot at 9:55 - arrived at gate and they opened up to traffic at 10:15 - we were dropped off right at the gate and walked through security & temp check. Scanned tickets and were walking towards Test Track at 10:20. We waited in line till 10:40 and rode. Such a great ride. We then headed to Mission Space- no wait at all . we then walked over and waited maybe 10 min for soaring. After Soaring we headed to the food and wine booths. I got an orange bird wine slushy thing- very sweet but good. We hit the relaxation station and it started to rain. The rain was off and on for about two hours so we shopped in Japan for a good while. I had the potstickers & Jasmine beer at the China Booth- very good, highly recommend. We then rode Soarin again, nemo & spaceship earth. By now the rain had stopped so we went back to food & wine and got a mac n cheese and a cake pop. Mac n cheese was good but man that cake pop is HUGE. We then heard the familiar sound of test track - it was back up. We waited about 20 min and rode again! We then got a Lyft back to the hotel and both of us decided on Carrabas via Uber Eats. We deserved pasta after walking 10.4 miles. It was a great day, rode everything we wanted (TT & Soaring twice) . Next up: Tuesday at MK.

Following along. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures.

MK Day
Took a Lyft to the Contemporary (had an ADR at Mickeys ) We did not plan on eating so that was 20.00 in cancellation fees. Security officer never asked my name btw so I guess I could have saved the 20.00 :rolleyes1 We were in line at 8:00 am They did not let us line up to enter till 8:45 that day. We headed straight to SDMT and waited about 5 min. After that we headed to my daughter's favorite BTMR and waited in line around 10 min. We then got in line for Splash Mt Splash was not operating early The line looked sooooo long but it was really only like 20 min and we were steadily moving. We shared a boat with the cutest couple ever- they were so nice (no idea why this is sideways)

We stopped and got a pretzel and a coke zero (DD favorite) and watched the dapper dans. Then we rode HM, Pirates and BTM again. Wait times by now were around 30 min. The lines are super long but I like the 6ft spacing as you are almost always constantly moving. We had a 1:30 lunch reservation at Whispering Canyon so waited on the boat. We probably waited 15 min on the boat. When we boarded it started to drizzle a bit. I really liked the boat ride- we sat up front and the captain was telling us corny jokes. I really liked WC- our waitress was playing the part and they really have the best nachos- tons of food . DD got the turkey sandwich plain and fries . She ate almost the entire thing. When we were ready to leave we waited maybe 5 min for the boat. This time we were the only people on the boat and we sat in the back. We headed to Space mountain and that was around a 30 min wait. Then buzz and back to space mountain where we rode two times in a row. This might be DD new favorite ride. We then rode the monorail loop because hey ya gotta ride the resort loop. We headed back into the park and caught a cavalcade- these are cute. Then we decided we had ridden everything we wanted so we got back on the monorail and headed to the Poly to catch a Lyft back to the hotel. We arrived at the Ceremonial House and I headed straight to the bar. I cant remember what I had but it was delicious! Just an FYI Ride sharing services do not pick up from the ceremonial house - you have to walk over to Pago Pago (I think) MK day we clocked in at 10.2 miles. DD wanted chick fila and I had leftovers and stopped by the Publix and got some wine. It was a great day but we were pooped so we headed to bed as we had a big day ahead of us in the morning. Next up: Hollywood Studios

Reactions: DLo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter