October 2016 Movie/Rec Calendar, Halloween Events

And a closeup of the Halloween 2016 events at the Fort. Anyone notice something missing? Bama Ed

Halloween2016 Closeup.png

Okay am I missing something. I don't see Camp(Trick) or treating.

Okay am I missing something. I don't see Camp(Trick) or treating.

That's what I was referring to in the top of post #2, flametamr. ToT ain't on the list....

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this Ed! Do you think they've decided to cancel the tot? Maybe Scupper will be along to give some info...

I called FW directly about 4 hours ago and asked when I first saw this. The answer I got was "I don't know, we haven't even gotten a copy of the October events calendar".

:headache:

No ToT and no Movie Sunday, maybe because the beach bash.

I do not see how ToT won't happen. Maybe just not an official on the flyer event to keep the insanity down?

Last edited:
Do you think the campfire and sing along times will be the same in November?

In years past, Shelly, November campfire and movie times move back earlier an hour since that is the month we roll the clocks back anyway. So I would plan on a 630pm lighting, 700pm singalong, and ~740pm movie.

Times move forward again in March usually which is when clocks move forward.

Bama Ed

In years past, Shelly, November campfire and movie times move back earlier an hour since that is the month we roll the clocks back anyway. So I would plan on a 630pm lighting, 700pm singalong, and ~740pm movie.

Times move forward again in March usually which is when clocks move forward.

Bama Ed

Great, thanks!

Thanks for posting this Ed! Do you think they've decided to cancel the tot? Maybe Scupper will be along to give some info...

Peach,

My thinking is it isn't so much cancelled as maybe it is moved to "unofficial" status.

Events on the Rec Calendar are official Disney events. Disney either provides a specific place (the dog park, pool deck, hitch/unhitch area for the parade) or staffing (cast member judging contests, leading events, or organizing/signup) for what I would call "official" events. And for some activities they charge a fee (crafts like button making or t-shirt dying).

For ToT, I think they used to require campers giving out candy to sign up to do so but I never understood why. (and in full disclosure I've never been to the Fort at Halloween). But it's really more "unofficial". It happens all over the Fort and not in one particular place. WDW doesn't provide any candy (nor charge a fee). No extra staffing to operate it is provided. (although in some past years, but not all, CM's were positioned in front of some loops to check resort id). So my thought is Disney won't officially "put on" ToT (not that they did in the past anyway) but they will allow us campers to ToT so to them, if it happens unofficially, it happens.

Personally I'd like to keep seeing it happen even unofficially and WDW do their best to manage the three Fort access points (the bus road from Wilderness Lodge, the boat dock, and the front entrance which includes bus lines from the parks and Disney Springs. Just for the Fort, just for that one day, enforce the "WDW guest" requirement to use the transport or enter. Folks got to have a magic band or access card as part of a current stay, a dinner reservation at TE or HDDR, or a park ticket that has been used that day to get past those three access points. Give the CM's magic band or card readers and the dinner reservation lists and the authority to turn people away. Orange County deputies should be staged there as well. Also bands/cards required for the pools. Just for that one day.

Disney can make Halloween a premier event at the Fort by keeping it primarily for its Fort paying guests (us cabin and camping folks) and secondarily for other WDW resort guests who paid to stay on property or were in the parks that day. Anything past that can be limited due to over-crowding concerns.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I called FW directly about 4 hours ago and asked when I first saw this. The answer I got was "I don't know, we haven't even gotten a copy of the October events calendar".

:headache:

Tiggerdad, give them the URL for this thread next time! :rotfl:

Either way I'm not liking the sound of this. If it's not "Official" then Disney can wave off on providing extra security and other support to keep outsiders out. I'm sure trick or treating will happen with or without Disney's blessing. My opinion is well documented. I love all the Halloween activities at the Fort but don't like being overwhelmed by the hundreds of locals crashing Our party.

Before knowing this new fact I had already put in another call to my contact at guest relations to get an update. When she calls back today I will inquire about this new finding.

No ToT and no Movie Saturday, maybe because the beach bash.

I do not see how ToT won't happen. Maybe just not an official on the flyer event to keep the insanity down?

The beach bash is on Sunday, so that shouldn't effect the movie on Saturday. Not sure why there is no movie or any other activity on Saturday night.

Last edited:
I called Guest services who called the fort front desk who called fort operations. To the best of anyone's knowledge Trick or treating is still on at the fort, as usual. no one know why it had been omitted from the activity list. sambuster

I called Guest services who called the fort front desk who called fort operations. To the best of anyone's knowledge Trick or treating is still on at the fort, as usual. no one know why it had been omitted from the activity list. sambuster

Thanks sambuster. It's not too late for them to add it back to the calendar. Today is only September 29th.

EDIT: I went back to check my source and it's showing September again. :scratchin So the October I got yesterday is gone. But the one I got yesterday WAS the one for next month - it says October at the top, "10/16" on the bottom left corner of page 1, and the days of the week for the movie list (Monday, Tuesday, etc.) match up to the dates (Oct 3, Oct 4, etc.). Maybe it's being updated? :confused3

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!