October 2018 Car Rental

We've always had a good experience at Alamo as well.

Budget can be hit or miss.

We've had a run of great success with Enterprise, and I hope it continues.

I'm paying $34 extra (compared to other companies) with hopes that I will be in and out in a reasonable amount of time.

My Alamo for 10/4-13 has dropped significantly over the last few days. I had been at $330 for STD SUV; dropped to $288 and now $264 with Costco and $25 coupon.

Prices dropped significantly overnight, budget coming in around 162 for a standard. But I think I'm still going to pay $10 more to stick with Alamo since I've used them a lot in the past. Keep searching guys!

Don’t forget spouse is ‘free’ with dollar’s AAA rate if they also have a membership & CC in their name.

I added on a day to beginning of my reservation. In process of trying to modify existing res online not going particularly well. Will send out emails tomorrow to plead my case with Alamo. Did grab a manager’s special for $190 9/28 to 10/7, comes out to 11 ‘rental car days’. Not thrilled with idea of compact tho

Tomorrow’s another day to dig, least i have a car in place.

Dollar mid size citi special for this one came in under $173, did attach my frequent renter # with them.

Alamo shut me down on cheaply adding a day prior to existing res. Best rate for new res for alamo MS using AMEX $213

I have a week to go to keep checking but $40 bucks is enough for me to skip alamo

Dollar mid size citi special for this one came in under $173, did attach my frequent renter # with them.

Alamo shut me down on cheaply adding a day prior to existing res. Best rate for new res for alamo MS using AMEX $213

I have a week to go to keep checking but $40 bucks is enough for me to skip alamo

Is $40 savings and a possibility of getting a compact car worth $40?

Wow! I just checked on Costco, and Alamo has gone waaaaaaay up in price on all vehicles. Not what I expected to be happening.

Oct. 9-16 $188 (intermediate) Budget via Costco. Can anyone tell me how Fastbreak with Budget works? The lines at MCO are painfully slow. I signed up, I just don't want to stand in that line if I don't have to.

For Oct 26- Nov 4 I have an intermediate car for 272 and an intermediate suv for 316. Thinking I'll go with the suv, as I have knee problems and my sister is prone to back problems. Seems an suv will be easier for both of us to get in and out of. But I'm really hopping the price drops a bit.

Oct. 9-16 $188 (intermediate) Budget via Costco. Can anyone tell me how Fastbreak with Budget works? The lines at MCO are painfully slow. I signed up, I just don't want to stand in that line if I don't have to.

FastBreak is pretty simple. Just fill out a profile and have a credit card on file. When you arrive you can look on the fast break board and it will give you the number of where your car is. Go to your car and then at the gate the will ask for your ID and possibly your credit card. Its really easy.

FastBreak is pretty simple. Just fill out a profile and have a credit card on file. When you arrive you can look on the fast break board and it will give you the number of where your car is. Go to your car and then at the gate the will ask for your ID and possibly your credit card. Its really easy.
Where is the fast break board? By the counter or out where you pick up the car? Thank you.

Where is the fast break board? By the counter or out where you pick up the car? Thank you.

At the car pick up. You should see a booth in the garage that says Fast Break and it should have a board out front. Sometimes it will say See Attendant. I know Avis will text you the number space your in and Avis and Budget are the same company so Budget might do the same but not 100 percent sure.

At the car pick up. You should see a booth in the garage that says Fast Break and it should have a board out front. Sometimes it will say See Attendant. I know Avis will text you the number space your in and Avis and Budget are the same company so Budget might do the same but not 100 percent sure.
Thank you!

Not sure re Budget’s current policy but...

Hertz started a new policy last year wherein you had to present yourself in person @ kiosk in the garage if you changed the credit card on file. arrrgh didn’t know. Was told same applies for ‘new’ signups too.

Is $40 savings and a possibility of getting a compact car worth $40?

Not for me

Citispecial = different prices for various categories

Manager special = compact or larger

Two different animals, the pricing I referenced was for midsize category comparing Alamo and Dollar

Woot, down a good amount, but not where I really wanted to be, the other day. but figured, maybe best I could get. Then, poof much higher prices, so okay, will have to live with it. Check this morning, yep, now down almost 10 dollars more. Thank you Alamo, keep those prices going lower and lower, quickly. 1 to 12 October. And, now Full size is almost 40 dollar cheaper than mid size. Don't care, either is fine with me. I go for the lowest price.

I finally hit my target of under $150 but it's with Budget. I'll keep it but last time I used them their fastbreak wasn't very fast, just a line in the garage vs line in the airport. But perhaps Orlando is set up differently than the last city I used them.

Prices are way up for my dates right now (October 26th to November 3rd). The intermediate SUV that we have reserved for $250 with Alamo through Costco is currently sitting at $462. I am being patient and hoping to see the last-minute price drops that some of you early October travelers are starting to see.

Wow!!!

I just checked and noticed my dates with Enterprise sky rocketed!

We got in at $303 for the week with a suv.

They're now at $470!!!!

Wow!!!

I just checked and noticed my dates with Enterprise sky rocketed!

We got in at $303 for the week with a suv.

They're now at $470!!!!

Over the last 2 weeks I noticed the same with Dollar. I eventually got a Mid size for 11 days for $302, this morning it was $425. I caught it at the low point again this year but 11 days last Nov 2 - 11, same car, was $197.

Bill From PA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!