October 2018 Check In

I seem to plan all my trips to San Diego ( I live in NorCal) so I can stop in Anaheim on the way down or back. This time I'm doing the party on October 23rd solo (driving down from Norcal) then on my way back from San Diego hitting the parks and a party with friends on October 29-31st. First time I'll be doing 2 parties. Like someone else said I think this will be my last party/ visit to DL until SWL opening dies down.

We'll be there the 3rd-9th staying at Paradise Pier. First time going during Halloween season and we're very to finally experience Ghost Galaxy, Haunted Mansion Holiday, etc.

Do we have any update on whether Paint The Night will still be operating? Last I saw it was scheduled till at least mid-September.

What happens at the party? Is it super crazy crowded?
There's trick or treat trails, parade, fireworks, characters in their Halloween outfits, more villains are out and about, and the rides are operating. Instead of Dapper Dans, they have Cadaver Dans. It's not crowded, but it isn't empty. Some people reported that they felt lines were longer than they expected. Some of the character lines sounded like they were long (I wasn't interested in doing those, so I can't give my opinion on them). I thought the ride lines were great. I only waited 10 minutes for Space Mountain, 15 for Indy and Pirates. The longest wait was Haunted Mansion (not shocked), which was about 25 minutes..however during the Holiday season this ride can easily be 60+ minutes.

We are planning to do one day - Oct 23rd, either a day pass or Halloween party post cruise from Vancouver to LA

There's trick or treat trails, parade, fireworks, characters in their Halloween outfits, more villains are out and about, and the rides are operating. Instead of Dapper Dans, they have Cadaver Dans. It's not crowded, but it isn't empty. Some people reported that they felt lines were longer than they expected. Some of the character lines sounded like they were long (I wasn't interested in doing those, so I can't give my opinion on them). I thought the ride lines were great. I only waited 10 minutes for Space Mountain, 15 for Indy and Pirates. The longest wait was Haunted Mansion (not shocked), which was about 25 minutes..however during the Holiday season this ride can easily be 60+ minutes.

:thanks:

DD and I are going Oct. 4th- 7th! We are staying at the Hampton Inn Garden Grove. We will do the Oct. 5th MHP..woohoo!! I am so excited to start planning costumes!

Does MP work during the parties?

I trolled the historical dates for Fantasmic and it looks like it starts up immediately after Halloween in Friday’s again. I’ll be there the 30-3 so I’m hoping this is the case

Does MP work during the parties?
No, but you don't need fastpasses since they lines are significantly shorter. Also, the party tickets include photopass, so you can still get pictures during the event. If you parkhop over to DCA and want to use MP, then you can purchase it, but I'm sure they will all be gone that late in the day.

No, but you don't need fastpasses since they lines are significantly shorter. Also, the party tickets include photopass, so you can still get pictures during the event. If you parkhop over to DCA and want to use MP, then you can purchase it, but I'm sure they will all be gone that late in the day.

Ok thanks. We have it with our AP’s, so was just curious

Have a wedding 90 min north, will be driving down the morning of the 7th, checking in at red lion and doing 1 park per day for 7th and 8th. Only my second DL trip ever (and both time i only seem to get 2 days, dunno whats up with that ha!). Then we drive down on the 9th to san diego, which ive never been to. Gonna be a good trip!

I'm going on an adult girls only trip Oct 13-17. Staying at the Grand! We were only going to do two park days and then the Halloween party but then there were 3 day Cdn resident tickets so we're doing 3 days plus the party. Hoping to book a cabana on our break day.

Well just bit the bullet... quick trip 10/12 - 14, just DD and I, in the standard PPH room. Didn’t have this inspiration in time, so no MHP tix for us. Will try when we get to the hotel that morning, but since we don’t land till 7:30 am, I won’t hold my breath. Will likely spend Friday in DCA, start Saturday in DL with EMH and Sunday we will start in DCA with EMH, we have hoppers and will use them I am sure. I looked at the break calendar, did I manage to miss UEA? I know the park will be slammed regardless. But this weekend is a long weekend for our schools, and DD is in HS now, so I am trying to pull her out less.

Have been away a bit, I have no idea when WOC is restarting, if F! Will be going on non-party nights, or parades... guess I have some time to catch up!

My DH and 4 year old DS are going October 9-14th. We have tickets for the October 12th Halloween Party as well. I’m really hoping that Paint the Night will run some point during that time. We got to see it during our last trip during the 60th celebration and it was terrific.

Going 10-6 through 10-10.

Hopefully it won’t be too busy being Columbus Day weekend.

Have reservations at the Anaheim hotel.

Going 10-6 through 10-10.

Hopefully it won’t be too busy being Columbus Day weekend.

Have reservations at the Anaheim hotel.

Hoping the same. Ive heard such mixed things, friends who have been for columbus saying "its gonna be PACKED" others saying "nah its not that bad." I go to WDW 3x a year, ive been ther when its PACKED, ive only been to disneyland once and i have no idea if a packed disneyland = a packed WDW or if its not quite as bad. Either way, just going with an open mind!

Hoping the same. Ive heard such mixed things, friends who have been for columbus saying "its gonna be PACKED" others saying "nah its not that bad." I go to WDW 3x a year, ive been ther when its PACKED, ive only been to disneyland once and i have no idea if a packed disneyland = a packed WDW or if its not quite as bad. Either way, just going with an open mind!
It can't possibly be as busy as summer or Christmas or New Years weeks so it should be fine. October is always slower than those times. I usually go when all of the Utah schools are out and its much better than summer or Christmas time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter