October 2019 Car Rental Thread

My rental is down another $3 today. I'm now at $234 including taxes and fees for a 7 night rental of a Standard SUV. Alamo via Costco with a free extra driver.

So.......I just rebooked on the Alamo website for the same sized vehicle (Standard SUV), same pick-up and drop-off dates and times. I used the Costco code 7014627, which gives me the free extra driver and preferred Costco rate. I then applied coupon code AD8698SDF which applies to a 3+ day rental of a convertible, mini van or SUV. My rate is now $222.76, almost $12 less than booking through the Costco Travel site. I'll take it!

Reservation now starts 9/25 for 12 nights. Midsize with alamo. $246 (includes $11 surcharge for SWA rapid reward points)

Good with DVC & AMEX as well as costco codes

My Oct rate dropped another $18 today, below $200 now for 6 nights Sun 6th-Sat 12th. Costco, Alamo, compact

Another alamo drop for me (see post #44), switched to APH rate (can’t accrue RR points) & now a full-size. (Have 2 res booked, waiting for DH’s work schedule, will cancel one)

$185 for 12 nights

$149 for 7 nights

My 6 night from post #45 dropped another $3 from yesterday to $195.

Another alamo drop for me (see post #44), switched to APH rate (can’t accrue RR points) & now a full-size. (Have 2 res booked, waiting for DH’s work schedule, will cancel one)

$185 for 12 nights

$149 for 7 nights
Those are great rates! I'm assuming this is through Alamo directly, I don't have a Disney AP yet but will be upgrading this trip. For future reference, where do you find APH codes, on the Disney passholder site?

I rebooked today. Had mini van for 366.00 for 9 days. Costco. Changed to crossover, still seats 7 for 334.00. This is for Oct. 18 - 27.

Pfft, looks like prices are going up again. I had snagged a minivan from 10/5 -10/15 for $362.61 thru Alamo. For a while I had the option of a premium crossover for $388 but it didn't seem worth it and the price went up anyhow. With 7 people and lots of bags we need all the space we can get!

I got spoiled a 3 years back and got a van for 9 days for like $220 and I am always searching for that unicorn again.

I have also observed that prices have gone back up since I booked for 10/23 - 11/3 at $277 with Dollar (they pick the car category). Now seeing mostly over $400. Rates may have already bottomed out, but I plan to keep watching just in case.

My 2 week minivan rental went down to $555 (Costco Alamo) on Saturday but it's up to $690 again now. Next time the price drops, if it does, I'll try it without going through the Costco site but using as Gina did the code and coupon on the regular site.

My 6 night from post #45 dropped another $3 from yesterday to $195.

Those are great rates! I'm assuming this is through Alamo directly, I don't have a Disney AP yet but will be upgrading this trip. For future reference, where do you find APH codes, on the Disney passholder site?

Yes, thru alamo. I typically check carrentals savers, then see if i can beat their best rate. Usually can but gives me a starting point. Also, I set up alerts on autoslash. They always beat what i’ve Booked but with offsite or on-terminal places I wouldn’t consider using unless budget was tight for the trip.

Have been using same ones forever :). Assume on PH site but also posted here in most threads if you search.

16 days to rental and I'm still not finding better last minute deals... well for one-way anyway. The MCO->MCO ones seem to have gotten better.

Fingers crossed...

Checked today and current rates are $80 higher for our week long rental.
Hoping to see lower rates soon, but not counting on it.

Our rates are also up as well.....currently more than $90 above the lowest price we locked in at.

We are just under one month out. Right around this time on our last trip (May 2019), Costco had an offer where they gave a Costco gift card along with a super low rate. Still holding out hope that we might see something similar available for booking once this weekend has passed (in my experience, it's pretty rare that we ever see the lowest rates offered on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday).

I am super satisfied with my current price of $222 for a standard SUV, but I'll still be watching rates through to our departure just in case I can snag a last-minute deal.

Our rate is also way high right now for the end of October. I feel pretty good that a week rental was $185 for a standard car.

Some movement on rental car prices thru Costco today. An 11 day rental is down to 361$ for a minivan thru Budget.

I will say my experience using Alamo has been great the 10+ times I have used them and I tried Budget once last year and it wasn't good at all. They added over an hour of waiting in the muggy parking garage to our rental arrival process. It was pure chaos.

My 9 day rental is down for 10/5-14 with Budget. We have a full size at MCO for $230 with costco.

Some movement on rental car prices thru Costco today. An 11 day rental is down to 361$ for a minivan thru Budget.

I will say my experience using Alamo has been great the 10+ times I have used them and I tried Budget once last year and it wasn't good at all. They added over an hour of waiting in the muggy parking garage to our rental arrival process. It was pure chaos.

Over the last 10 years, we have rented from Alamo (75% of the time, at least), Dollar and Budget. Budget is the only agency we have had problems with in all of those rentals (once, telling us that they couldn't honor our pre-booked reservation because they ran out of cars.....it was Christmas week). They have sunk to the bottom of our list as a result.

Over the last 10 years, we have rented from Alamo (75% of the time, at least), Dollar and Budget. Budget is the only agency we have had problems with in all of those rentals (once, telling us that they couldn't honor our pre-booked reservation because they ran out of cars.....it was Christmas week). They have sunk to the bottom of our list as a result.

OOH! Another drop. Now I am with Enterprise for $353 for a minivan. It was only about 10 bucks cheaper than Alamo but that's almost a Disney drink! :drinking1 Plus I can status match my Hertz Presidents circle to Enterprise+ Platinum which maybe will get me a fun upgrade perk or something at arrival. It's worth a gamble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter