October 2019 Check-In Thread!

ashnjam

Howell, Michigan
We know it’s far away, but the planning and the anticipation is half of a half of the fun! Who else is going? Tells us when, who’s going, where ya staying? Any cool things you’ll be doing on your trip? What will you be eating!? Show us those Halloween pics, Disney Halloween questions, and anything else you wanna share!

As for us it will be myself, the wife, our daughter, and our niece! Staying at the Disneyland Hotel Oct 5th-13th! We are hoping to do a Halloween party! We have never done a Disney hard ticket party before so we are really looking forward to that!

**New Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween Party
! September 6 - October 31**
https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...ie-bash-party-to-be-held-in-dca-only.3731676/

Last edited:
Ashnjam Oct. 5-11 Disneyland Hotel

staceylacey1 Oct. 6-12 Best Western

DLmama Oct. 18-20 Desert Inn

Gophers Oct. 15-19

denluvsdisney Oct. 11-17 BWPPI

Mama_Cass Oct. 25 - Nov. 3 Grand Californian Hotel

mentos Oct. 18-20 Villas at Grand Californian

BillFraser29 Oct. 7-11 Fairfield

DWillowBay Oct. 19-25 Disneyland Hotel

dismomofbn Oct. 30 - Nov. 1 Paradise Pier Hotel

McNs Oct. 7-10 Grand Californian Hotel

JenM Oct. 20-25 Paradise Pier Hotel

GenGen22 Oct. 16-20 Hilton Garden Inn

MNDisneyMommy Oct. 21-25 Tropicana

Spork24 Oct. 4-10 Villas at The Grand Californian

LemonNeko Oct. 14-15 La Quinta

Mommy2PrincessAbby Oct. 10-13 Fairfield Inn

taysherrrx Sept. 29 - Oct. 3

Tasmen Oct. 4-7

JPeriod Oct. 13-15 Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention

MSH518 Oct. 9-13 Fairfield Inn

ZimTheMouse Oct. 26-30 Paradise Pier Hotel

disneycat321 Oct. 3-7 Best Western Park Place

jenbright Oct. 15-19

ratt1345 Oct. 22-30 Paradise Pier Hotel

jdb35633 Oct. 12-18

Abbey1 Oct. 3-8

tink89 Oct. 10-14 Paradise Pier Hotel

AndrewC Oct. 20-24 Disneyland Hotel

jammyjam25 Oct. 7-10

Rey Del Suicide Oct. 6-11 Grand Californian Hotel

hugaus Oct. 25 Marriott Springhill/Grand Californian

junmatno Disneyland Hotel

wench Oct. 31 - Nov. 3 Grand Californian

kristie73 Oct. 13-17 Disneyland Hotel

superme80 Oct. 8-12 Candy Cane Inn

Liane CR Oct. 28 - Nov. 1 HoJo

princessme21114 Oct. 6-11 Disneyland Hotel

lslaLila Oct. 15-20 HoJo

PrincessDisneyFan Oct. 9-12 Disneyland Hotel

GinnetteM Oct. 22-30 Best Western Plus Pavillions

fabricmage Sept. 29 - Oct. 4 Grand Californian Villas

Jan112 Oct. 6-13

Marshmelo Oct. 20-26 BW Park Place Inn

Djscarlette Oct. 12-19 Courtyard Marriott/Paradise Pier Hotel

megh315 Oct. 18-21 BW Courtesy Inn

awtigger Oct. 10-15

JenSinMA Oct. 3-6 Candy Cane Inn

Disneycat321 Oct. 3-6 Candy Cane Inn

Sheri236 Oct. 15-20 Grand Californian

julesann Oct. 30 - Nov. 3 Grand Californian

coldbeaver Sept. 30 - Oct. 3

StarLitNight05 Oct. 30 - Nov. 3 Grand Californian

teddykins Oct. 32-30 Alamo Inn

ten6mom Oct. 9-11

AshleyP13 Oct. 20-22

Belles bakery Oct. 5-8

Rose77 Oct. 9-11

WendyT Oct. 4-6

knewlett Oct. 23-27 Grand Californian

njbeachbum Oct. 15-19

Mouseketeers4 Oct. 13-17

ab21au Sept. 28 - Oct. 4 Grand Californian

Pippen82 Oct. 27-31

scrappinmom Oct.19-22 Tropicana

Rich M Oct.13-14 Anaheim Majestic

Canadian Harmony Oct. 17-21 Desert Inn

Last edited:
We will be there October 6th-12th. Myself, husband, & our two kids will be 11 and 15. We will be staying at the Best Western Plus across the street from the entrance.

We are excited to see the new Star Wars land. I can’t to do Disney during Halloween too.

We will be there October 6th-12th. Myself, husband, & our two kids will be 11 and 15. We will be staying at the Best Western Plus across the street from the entrance.

We are excited to see the new Star Wars land. I can’t to do Disney during Halloween too.

How Fun!! Even though we aren’t huge Star Wars fans ourselves, we are super excited for the new land! We haven’t been to Halloween time at DLR since 2012 and can’t wait to get back there! Look like we’ll be there at the same time, maybe we’ll see each other LOL! Have fun planning and a great trip!

I am thinking I just may bite the bullet... we love DL at Halloween... and now I have this crazy idea. We just live up here in Oregon... Dd usually gets a 3 day weekend in October, we did DL last October over that weekend. I like going for lots of days, but lately we have been doing quickie girls only trips. So, here is my crazy idea... Dd will be 15 soon and likes all things Disney, likes all things HP, and likes scary stuff. We never do anything but DLR in CA. But have have done US in Orlando a couple times. What if... we fly down Thursday nite, check in, probably PPH, but that part doesn’t matter right now. Do DCA Friday and the Halloween party Friday nite (if the party moves to DCA, we would do DL Friday and then move over to the party at DCA.) Then Saturday get up and head over to Universal and do their stuff and HHN... and Sunday do DL/DCA as late as we can... we should be able to stay until 6 pm or so. The only nighttime stuff we could see is whatever they offer at MHP, unless we see fireworks or something from DTD or our room Thursday nite. And that bums me out a little, because we have been patiently waiting on WOC to return. We would have only 1 true commando day in the park, and a partial day... knowing those early hours are key. Sounds like a whirlwind... but a fun whirlwind yes? Oh and I would probably hire uber or some sort to take us back and forth from US so I could nap and let someone else drive lol

Nooo. Im not ready yet for this thread lol. We have a trip in the spring to LA/Universal that i am working on now and haven't had much time to look in to more details for Halloween.

We are going in October with about 8 people. So far I have the Courtyard Theme Park booked for 10/11-10/14, but would like to maybe possibly move to PPH or DLH and add another day.

I am thinking I just may bite the bullet... we love DL at Halloween... and now I have this crazy idea. We just live up here in Oregon... Dd usually gets a 3 day weekend in October, we did DL last October over that weekend. I like going for lots of days, but lately we have been doing quickie girls only trips. So, here is my crazy idea... Dd will be 15 soon and likes all things Disney, likes all things HP, and likes scary stuff. We never do anything but DLR in CA. But have have done US in Orlando a couple times. What if... we fly down Thursday nite, check in, probably PPH, but that part doesn’t matter right now. Do DCA Friday and the Halloween party Friday nite (if the party moves to DCA, we would do DL Friday and then move over to the party at DCA.) Then Saturday get up and head over to Universal and do their stuff and HHN... and Sunday do DL/DCA as late as we can... we should be able to stay until 6 pm or so. The only nighttime stuff we could see is whatever they offer at MHP, unless we see fireworks or something from DTD or our room Thursday nite. And that bums me out a little, because we have been patiently waiting on WOC to return. We would have only 1 true commando day in the park, and a partial day... knowing those early hours are key. Sounds like a whirlwind... but a fun whirlwind yes? Oh and I would probably hire uber or some sort to take us back and forth from US so I could nap and let someone else drive lol

That sounds exhausting and awesome! My kind of whirlwind..keep us posted please!

Nooo. Im not ready yet for this thread lol. We have a trip in the spring to LA/Universal that i am working on now and haven't had much time to look in to more details for Halloween.

We are going in October with about 8 people. So far I have the Courtyard Theme Park booked for 10/11-10/14, but would like to maybe possibly move to PPH or DLH and add another day.

Two trips to LA lucky you! DW says she needs a beach vacation (not really my thing) so we booked Cancun for the spring. Courtyard Theme Park looks like a fun place to stay! Have you stayed there before?

I just started thinking about an October/early November trip this week so this thread is perfect timing. I am wondering if MHP will definitely be at DCA this year? I was very disappointed in it last year but if they move it and it has more magic, I would want to go.

Two trips to LA lucky you! DW says she needs a beach vacation (not really my thing) so we booked Cancun for the spring. Courtyard Theme Park looks like a fun place to stay! Have you stayed there before?
we live in the sf Bay Area so we are just 1hr flight away. Family really wants to do universal we are trying really hard to not include dl in the spring trip. Cancun should be fun!!We did Cabo last year and that was a good change. We might do San Diego/universal/Santa Monica beach/theme park vacation. Like I said we have not finished planning or should I say haven't even started.

We have not stayed at the Courtyard but it looks nice and the teens/kids like the waterpark. We usually stay at Hilton when staying off site.

I just started thinking about an October/early November trip this week so this thread is perfect timing. I am wondering if MHP will definitely be at DCA this year? I was very disappointed in it last year but if they move it and it has more magic, I would want to go.

We did MHP in DCA about 11 years ago and it was pretty great, been to many of them since over the years and have fun no matter what (even last year during a monsoon and lightning storm!). I would love to see it move back to DCA... not sure I can see them theming Star Wars land to Halloween?

We're planning on Oct 18-20, staying at the Desert Inn. We are taking our first Disney cruise on the Wonder from San Diego and will end our week at DL. Hoping for a Halloween party on the 18th!

It was at DL lsat year correct? Is it better at DCA? Never been so I have no idea about which park is better for MHP.

We did MHP in DCA about 11 years ago and it was pretty great, been to many of them since over the years and have fun no matter what (even last year during a monsoon and lightning storm!). I would love to see it move back to DCA... not sure I can see them theming Star Wars land to Halloween?

Do you think they will have Halloween decorations in SWGE this year? LOL we're all confident that SWGE will be open in October, yes?!

We're planning on Oct 18-20, staying at the Desert Inn. We are taking our first Disney cruise on the Wonder from San Diego and will end our week at DL. Hoping for a Halloween party on the 18th!

OH my! How exciting for you! Disney cruise is on my “things I want to do” list for sure!

We went to DL in December for the first time. We are normally WDW goers but now have the DL bug and are going back October 15th-19th. Plan on doing the Halloween event too. Not sure where we are staying yet. We will have a group of 7 this time.

Last edited:
I'm so happy this thread has been started!! Thank you ashnjam!!! This will help get me through the year! I should find out next month if we can go. If our work schedules workout, we are going September 27th to October 8th. On the 28th we are hopefully going to Knott's Scary Farm's Micechat's special event but the rest of our time will be at Disneyland. Most likely we will go to the Halloween party again as well but I don't know how it will be this year. Last year's was great. We went on Halloween and it was fantastic as always but with Star Wars coming this summer I don't know if Disney will want to shut Star Wars down to the public for the party. But if they do change it to DCA, I expect the party to be pretty incredible. Recently they have really stepped up their game at DCA during Halloween so it might be pretty awesome there. Time will tell.

We are going Oct. 11-17. We are staying at the BWPPI. We should be able to book 2 Halloween parties, with the first being on the night of the 11th, fingers crossed. Son has a Disney Visa, he will book them ASAP. It will be two adults, my son and I. Husband is staying home this time.

It was at DL lsat year correct? Is it better at DCA? Never been so I have no idea about which park is better for MHP.

It has been quite some time since the party was at DCA... back when DCA was kinda lame and they needed the party there to get people to go over there! I can see them moving the party back to DCA to disperse crowds a bit. Making DL available for a ton of nights in September and October just to party goers will tick off a bunch of people with SWGE being so new. On the flip side, if the party stays at DL I can see a lot of party goers using valuable party time in SWGE just because the rides as a whole during parties have shorter lines. Either way, we love te parties, although we don’t do them the same as we used to. It’s not about the characters for us anymore, or even the treat lines. We soak up the atmosphere and ride rides and just chill really.

Do you think they will have Halloween decorations in SWGE this year? LOL we're all confident that SWGE will be open in October, yes?!

It will be interesting to see if SWGE gets any holiday decor... Halloween or Christmas... since those are Earth holidays and this is supposed to be on some other planet right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!