October 2019 Check-In Thread!

We are trying to arrange an October trip to GCV, but we are Florida fans of Disney World...this would be our first trip to DLC.

1) I guess we fly into LAX? Is that the best? recommended airport?
2) Is there Disney transport to GCV? We could just Uber it?
3) Any hints/tips for newbies?

Thanks,
Bfrosty

Some very helpful information for DLR (Disneyland Resort):
A DLR Guide for WDW Vets
Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information ~ 3TinksAndAnEeyore
This sticky from the top of the first page has TONS of great information for trip planning: * DLR Info/Links - Maps, Hotels, DISer Reviews, Hydroguy's tips, NEWBIE INFO here!

We are trying to arrange an October trip to GCV, but we are Florida fans of Disney World...this would be our first trip to DLC.

1) I guess we fly into LAX? Is that the best? recommended airport?
2) Is there Disney transport to GCV? We could just Uber it?
3) Any hints/tips for newbies?

Thanks,
Bfrosty
You are like us. It will be our first time to DL and CA. We are flying into LAX and taking Disney transportation to PPH. Tried to get Grand Californian but no luck. I always want to say Grand Floridian!!. We are super excited. Our Oogie Boogie party we are going to is on our 10th anniversary.

I’ll be there October 20-24, with Halloween tickets for the 22nd (maybe also the 20th, though I don’t want to miss Fantasmic...)

Staying at Disneyland Hotel

Hopefully I’ve found a friend that can go with me by that time because right now I’m buying two tickets for everything, lol

Anyone betting that both Star Wars attractions will be open by then?

I’ll be there October 20-24, with Halloween tickets for the 22nd (maybe also the 20th, though I don’t want to miss Fantasmic...)

Staying at Disneyland Hotel

Hopefully I’ve found a friend that can go with me by that time because right now I’m buying two tickets for everything, lol

Anyone betting that both Star Wars attractions will be open by then?

Ha! I’m sure you’ll find someone! SWGE opens May. 31? I would really hope that both rides are open by October. Really, really hoping!!

Hi all!

After FAR too long away from the DISboards, I'm back! And happy to say that I'll at the park from October 7-10 with 3 friends for a girls' trip. We've already purchased tickets to a Halloween party and have a hotel room booked, but we *may* swap over to stay on property if we decide to treat ourselves. :hmghost:

It will be my first time back in 18 months and I am very excited to experience all the changes since my last trip! And eagerly waiting to see how SWGE and its impact on crowds unfolds over the summer...

EDIT: Gay Days rates at the DLH were good so we decided to pull the trigger and book there, so we'll be staying on property after all! So excited!

Last edited:
We are checking in on Sunday October 6th and staying until Friday. 4 days in DL one of which will be Oogie Boogie’s Bash on 10/8. We will actually be on our honeymoon. It will be my new Bride, my 7yr son and I. We are staying in a partial park view at The Grand Californian.

We know it’s far away, but the planning and the anticipation is half of a half of the fun! Who else is going? Tells us when, who’s going, where ya staying? Any cool things you’ll be doing on your trip? What will you be eating!? Show us those Halloween pics, Disney Halloween questions, and anything else you wanna share!

As for us it will be myself, the wife, our daughter, and our niece! Staying at the Disneyland Hotel Oct 5th-13th! We are hoping to do a Halloween party! We have never done a Disney hard ticket party before so we are really looking forward to that!

**New Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween Party
! September 6 - October 31**
https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...ie-bash-party-to-be-held-in-dca-only.3731676/

We have a split stay weekend and looking forward to the Fall/Halloween decorations!! pixiedust: Also hope SWGE second ride is up n' running by then!! :worship:
Friday Oct. 25th @ Marriott Springhill
Saturday Oct. 25th @ the Villas at The Grand Californian

Thanks for posting this!!! :flower3:

So Excited! Booked our Hotel room at DLH for Gay Days! Excited to share this celebration with our recently married LGBTQ family....Celebrations are awesome and the people are wonderful, this will be our 3rd weekend celebrating as Allies.
Talked about it, and since we did the MHP 2 years ago, we decided to skip the 120 pp cost and use that money for something else fun. I'm just excited for DL, but kids are excited for SWGE.

So Excited! Booked our Hotel room at DLH for Gay Days! Excited to share this celebration with our recently married LGBTQ family....Celebrations are awesome and the people are wonderful, this will be our 3rd weekend celebrating as Allies.
Talked about it, and since we did the MHP 2 years ago, we decided to skip the 120 pp cost and use that money for something else fun. I'm just excited for DL, but kids are excited for SWGE.

We just booked at the DLH for Gay Days as well! It'll be my third time going to celebrate this weekend also! Such a fun time in the park.

Is there any speculation yet about how SWGE access will work in October? We're styaing off property but my MIL is now joining us, and she really, really wants to see it (she walked down the aisle to Star Wars music in the '70s, she's a big fan!). I know they have the reservation thing going on now, did I miss anything or any rumors about it yet? Any educated guesses out there?

The debate is whether we should maybe pick a night to stay on property just in case.

Is there any speculation yet about how SWGE access will work in October? We're styaing off property but my MIL is now joining us, and she really, really wants to see it (she walked down the aisle to Star Wars music in the '70s, she's a big fan!). I know they have the reservation thing going on now, did I miss anything or any rumors about it yet? Any educated guesses out there?

The debate is whether we should maybe pick a night to stay on property just in case.
First come, first served in the land. Once it reaches capacity, you can book a boarding pass with the app or a kiosk to be called when you can enter.

My DS15 & I will be staying at GCH 10/31-11/3. Going to OBB on 10/31. I really miss when he was young & I could pull him out of school for a week without feeling guilty. Now that he’s in high school, we have to settle for long weekends.

Ladies and Gentleman it is OFFICIAL!!! I have been on October threads once or twice and had to cancel trips. THIS is the year!!!! DH approved it, hotel is booked, negotiations with parents have worked out, and I will be purchasing our Halloween tickets on payday. So Oct 8th-12th we will be staying at Candy Cane Inn!!!! :cool1:

10/20-10/26 BW Park Place Inn
So excited! Now it’s official! Just booked our return flight home since it was part of the SWA sale. Still waiting for the price to drop on the flight there. Me, DH and DS 11. We’ve taken 2 WDW vacations but this will be our first DL family vacation. I have been just 2 times, at 9yo then in my late 20s. It will be a first visit for DH and DS! I will be getting them buttons/pins! Our first full day we plan to do the Hollywood tour, so our first day in the park will be 10/22. Planning 2 days for DL and 1 for DCA and a rest/explore day.

Hi Everyone! My fam of five is excited to go to DL this October! We check into the Courtyard Marriott Main Entrance for 1 night on Oct. 12, then move over to Paradise Pier from the 13th to the 19th! Headed to the Halloween party on the 13th too! Yay! I'm hoping the crowds won't be as crazy as I think they're going to be. But just being there makes me so happy.

Stopping in Disneyland from October 18th-21st with my bestie on our way to visit some of my family! We'll be staying at the BW Courtesy Inn. I've been to DL/DCA three times, she's never been. SUPER excited! But curious about how the Halloween Party at DCA will work on the 20th. Since it's a hard ticket event I assume if you're in DCA that day and DON'T have a ticket you have to leave early? We don't need to do that and don't want to lose a portion of the day by going to DCA on the day of the party if we're just gonna get kicked out so we'd be going to DCA on the 19th and then DL on the 20th. Is this replacing Mickey's Halloween Party at DL or do they have a Halloween Party too that we have to plan around?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!