October 2019: How bad are the crowds for fall break in October? 2nd week?

PROFSKMAC

Earning My Ears
I am planning our first trip back to WDW in 7 years for me and my 13 year old. This is the first large vacation we will take together after my divorce, so I want it to be a good experience. Any thoughts?

I was wondering the same thing as I am hoping to plan a vacation the week before Columbus day 2019. Everything I read about visiting the parks in October sounds like it is one of the most crowded months.....
Normally we like to visit in January and February and crowds are fairly low....
I'll be watching for those fall visitors to give some input!

2019 crowd levels, especially later in the year are going to be very unpredictable. What happens with the Galaxy’s Edge opening will have a big impact. People putting off vacations by a year or two for the 50th anniversary celebrations may also change things. I don’t think the traditional crowd estimates are going to be much help.

October can be busy BUT there are ways to manage the crowds. Rope drops with afternoon breaks and going back late afternoon can really help. Staying away from F & W on the weekends, great plan. I'd look at the things you want to accomplish and then let that decide if your pocketbook can afford the amount of days you want to go.

October is not that it's not manageable it's just not as slow/low crowds like it used to be 10 years ago. It can have peak crowds at times so planning for that, then everything is cake if the crowds are lower than expected.

I think 2019 is going to be a hard one to judge - with Star Wars with a loose timeline of end of 2019, it can be interesting.

Stay away from MK on the Wednesday night with 1am EMH. You think it's worth your time to be there, but it crazy havoc and insanity. Other than that, you'll be fine.

It's busy. We've pretty much sworn off October since we went in 2016 - it's just too crowded for our liking, especially the second week.

That being said, many people do it happily, but they're usually more experienced Disney travelers. You must go into it with fastpasses, a good plan, and be there at park open. As long as you have realistic expectations, you will do ok. But expect it to be busy.

As for March, that really depends on when your break is and when Easter falls, because that can be a very busy time as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter