October 2020 WISH Challenge - A Bunch of Hocus Pocus

Saturday started on the scale with a half pound gain. No surprise there since I did not get up at all to do yoga, but I did keep up with my other exercises. Twins's mom was supposed to be at our house at 11:00 and didn't get there until 12:30. So typical. DH and I were both grumpy about it. Eventually everything worked out and all went to a park so DH and I could run the million errands we wanted to do. Went to goodwill and got some stretchy basketball type shorts that would go over Twin2's brace. I had bought a packet of boxers and slit the side seam so he could get those on. The first pair we safety pinned then I stitch witched some velcro on the others. That is not sticking to the super strong hook and loop that is catching on his brace so think tomorrow I will be doing a little bit of hand stitching! Mom was supposed to leave at 4:00 but stayed until after 7:00. sigh

Today I was able to hang laundry on the line (I just absolutely love that!), did some weeding, and made a red bell pepper bread. The dough is split in half and then each half braided and formed into a wreath, then stacked. It's really pretty, and made me happy to do. I used to do fun things like that before we had kids and now of course we try not to eat bread so it isn't often I get to play!

Didn't do meal planning or shopping, but tomorrow is a new day!

I love Hocus Pocus, and my non-exercise-related goal this month is to catch the “Pop'n Knowledge” version on Freeform! I plan to keep setting my DVR to record in hopes that each airing is “the one” (and then deleting the duds.)

Have not lucked out on this yet - but, in last night's version, they advertised that tonight will be the Pop'n Knowledge version of Nightmare Before Christmas. So if that's anyone's favorite, check out Freeform at 9:30!

Last edited:
It has been a bit of a tiring weekend. DD had her surgery on Friday morning. Everything went great and it ended up not being as involved as the right foot. She had no scar tissue in this foot which made it better. Because of this they didn't need to take fat from her stomach to put in her foot. Last time the stomach is what bothered her the most. She is handling things good. We are exhausted though. She is taking Tylenol and Motrin alternating every 3 hours. It is like having a new born again. Last night was my night to get up so this morning has been rough. DD has only had to take the stronger meds 3 times so far. Last time she only took it once. I think she is over doing it some but the doctor said she can do what ever she would like as she is comfortable. 2 of the doses have been in the afternoon on Saturday and Sunday. This morning she had a dose but think that is because she was sitting on a bar stool doing school work and bumped it. She is back in bed doing her work for now. She has been a trooper though and has not missed any school even though she took the stronger meds.

For today we couldn't get out for a walk because it has been raining all day. So for lunch I walked for about 45minutes on the treadmill. I had to drag myself on the treadmill. I am just so tired. I am going to get back on again after work to finish with my time and steps for today. I need to get back into my routine even if I am tired.

@piglet1979, glad to hear your DD is doing well!

And definitely cut yourself some slack in the exercise department because of the not sleeping. I’d say 45 minutes is a great goal for today!

I think you are right. I was feeling great right after my 45 minutes but I am crashing hard now. Might need to take a nap when I am done with work.

Have not lucked out on this yet - but, in last night's version, they advertised that tonight will be the Pop'n Knowledge version of Nightmare Before Christmas. So if that's anyone's favorite, check out Freeform at 9:30!

Correction - I got it!!! When I saw/checked the one from last night in my DVR, I didn't realize it had also recorded one Saturday night...and that was the one!

Hocus Pocus Happy Dance:

Last edited:

Why yes, I am wearing pants thank you very much.

Ester finally turned a corner last evening and we all got a good night's sleep last night. This morning there's full scale kitten shenanigans going on. It is such a relief and it feels like all is right in the world. So my motivation this week is to power thru the deployment tomorrow and get things situated to be gone next week... starting Friday!

My other motivation this week is to move more. My self-care yesterday ended up being binge watching British TV, as I recently added Acorn network to my cable plan. I watched '1900 Island', which is one of those go-back-in-time and live-the-way-people-did--back-then shows, this time they were re-enacting life of a remote fishing village in Wales. It was wonderful, hence the four hour investment. Then I started watching 'Digging for Britain', all about archaeology. But sitting on the sofa is not equal to moving, so I need to remember to move this week, walking in the neighborhood... then next week it's lots of beach walking.

And last motivation is to stay the course with the cleanse. I'm (thankfully) on day three of the spices, so just a couple more days. There are three different things I mix into hot water throughout the day and none of them taste good, as a matter of fact the more I take them the worst they taste. But they are working, so I'll stick with it. Thursday it'll be back to clean eating and just the ginger/turmeric/lemon tea,, and drinking warm water instead of iced, plus I'll keep taking the sugar craving suppressant herbs she recommended. Then I should be transitioned to the point where eating at the hotel will not be a shock to my system. I checked the hotel restaurant menu last night and they have fried oysters back on the menu, love they was they do them, plus a tomato and peach burrata salad, which I'll ask to have made with just peaches. Yum.
It has been a bit of a tiring weekend. DD had her surgery on Friday morning. Everything went great and it ended up not being as involved as the right foot. She had no scar tissue in this foot which made it better. Because of this they didn't need to take fat from her stomach to put in her foot. Last time the stomach is what bothered her the most. She is handling things good. We are exhausted though. She is taking Tylenol and Motrin alternating every 3 hours. It is like having a new born again. Last night was my night to get up so this morning has been rough. DD has only had to take the stronger meds 3 times so far. Last time she only took it once. I think she is over doing it some but the doctor said she can do what ever she would like as she is comfortable. 2 of the doses have been in the afternoon on Saturday and Sunday. This morning she had a dose but think that is because she was sitting on a bar stool doing school work and bumped it. She is back in bed doing her work for now. She has been a trooper though and has not missed any school even though she took the stronger meds.

For today we couldn't get out for a walk because it has been raining all day. So for lunch I walked for about 45minutes on the treadmill. I had to drag myself on the treadmill. I am just so tired. I am going to get back on again after work to finish with my time and steps for today. I need to get back into my routine even if I am tired.
So happy to hear surgery went well.

Ester finally turned a corner last evening and we all got a good night's sleep last night. This morning there's full scale kitten shenanigans going on. It is such a relief and it feels like all is right in the world. So my motivation this week is to power thru the deployment tomorrow and get things situated to be gone next week... starting Friday!

I am glad your kittie is doing good.

This week my motivation is focused on getting my strength training and stretches done 6/7 days.

36 working days until I am on Summer Break - I have ALOT to do in those 36 days - I really need to make a choice about where to go for a week and book it before everything fills up.

TOPIC TUESDAY:

You are not a brand, a job, a title, a role, a fixer-upper, or anything you do.

You are not your feelings, your thoughts, your heartbreak or your fears.
You are not other people's ideas of you.
You are not a self-improvement project.
You are more than all of that: a wild, messy, undefinable, indescribable human being.

- Lisa Olivera

What do you think about this sentiment? If you remove all of those labels, what are a couple words that describe your wild messy self?

TOPIC TUESDAY:

You are not a brand, a job, a title, a role, a fixer-upper, or anything you do.

You are not your feelings, your thoughts, your heartbreak or your fears.
You are not other people's ideas of you.
You are not a self-improvement project.
You are more than all of that: a wild, messy, undefinable, indescribable human being.

- Lisa Olivera

What do you think about this sentiment? If you remove all of those labels, what are a couple words that describe your wild messy self?

View attachment 533436

I don't have much of a "wild" side. Messy is sometimes just making it through a day and keeping everything together. I have awesome friends that their kids are in classes with my kids. They help me keep on track. I can also be way too dramatic. I worry a lot about way too many things that I shouldn't.

But I am very caring and will be the first one there for my family and friends. To give a little cheer out right now I put together 8 Halloween baskets full of candy. I gave 5 out to friends and 3 to family. My mom got on with special candy because she can't have gluten so I was selective for theirs. The got a mix of Halloween candy with a pumpkin reese cup of each of the kids. Here is a link to the baskets that I got. They are reusable.

https://www.mythirtyone.com/us/en/11134993/product/8330/littles-carry-all-caddy-good-witch

I have wildness in me, but I don't release it which I think is kind of a big deal I need to delve in to. LIke I shouldn't be living in the city, I should be in a little cabin surrounded by trees (and neighbors just out of sight) with a fire pit where I can dance around the flames at the full moon.

I'm personally messy but I'm so used to being on my own and by myself that the messiness of human relationships can be overwhelming. I suspect numbing with sugar in part is so that the messiness of those inter-relation ship emotions is quelled.

I am creative and I am smart. I'm loving but I show my love thru gifting, so I might not be the person at your beside if you are ill but I would stop by with flowers and a book. I'm a perpetual learner and a bit of a changeling.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter