2. Chaos
3. Lack of control

Begone Unhappiness:
How can I remove the unhappy things from my life-
1. One day at a time
2. Focus on myself and what I can control
3. Fake it until you make it

It Hurts, Favorite belly laugh moment:
I can't limit it to one moment...my comedienne daughter's antics, hilarious movies, and the show, "Impractical Jokers."
Gold Stars:
Good deed I did today-
I can't remember anything that happened on Tuesday, but today, Saturday, I did help my daughter with her chores before she woke up.
Grinning from Ear to Ear:
Today I smiled because-
It's Saturday, and I can finally attend to my own needs.
Caring is Sharing:
How can I share my happiness with others-
Smile. Laugh.
Plan for Happy:
I will make tomorrow awesome by-

Getting things done today

School is absolutely insane.

We had virtual "Back to School Night" on Wednesday. We were supposed to send iPads home to all of the in-school learners so that their parents could attend, because I teach in the inner city where not everyone has a device. Part of that involved parents' signatures on iPad liability forms. Anyone that didn't sign ahead of time didn't get a device for Wednesday. Not all of the forms went home on time because the previous teacher misplaced the paperwork, and it didn't occur to my new para that 4 kids didn't get forms. Ultimately, it is my fault because I didn't oversee her work and left it up to her. "If you want something done right, do it yourself." At any rate, I had 6 out of 17 attendees, and some of the people who didn't attend had the iPads, and basically had no excuse...whatever. I thought I was done for the night, when at the last minute one parent joined Teams. She started crying because she is a single parent, and is worried about when we go remote. It was so hard to try to calm her down over the internet. I just wanted to give her a hug.

I woke up on Thursday EXHAUSTED. I was reenergized when my principal invited me to represent Kindergarten on a six-person team working with UCONN on literacy and social emotional development which will result in a grant for the school. It was such a compliment to be chosen being new to Kindergarten while there are 3 other teachers who could have easily filled the role. I guess my philosophy of "fake it till you make it" is working. I'm sooooo overwhelmed by all of the new things I have to learn. I'm seriously compartmentalizing and doing only what I can today..."one day at a time." I know what my deadlines are and I know that I have no idea how I will accomplish it all in time, but every day I accomplish a new thing or learn something new. I'm trying so hard not to freak out. Instead, I'm trying to remain calm under pressure.

Friday was a good day. I learned how to use my document reader using the smart board so that I can teach more from my desk behind the plexiglass. Whenever I'm out and about in the classroom, I have to wear the face shield in addition to my mask. I also wear glasses, and no matter how cold it is in the room with the windows open, I steam up and cannot see. I tried not wearing my glasses, and then everything is steamy and blurry. At my desk, I can wear my glasses and mask and see everyone clearly while doing my job.

We found out this week that we are going hybrid on November 30th. Originally we were going fully remote, but our governor doesn't want that, so...there you go. Workbooks and iPads will be going back and forth, and it's going to be interesting to see who forgets what and how it will affect actual work getting done. I won't mind having only 7 in-person students at a time. The naughties happen to be attending on Monday & Tuesday, getting them over with early in the week; Wednesday will be fully remote; and the good kids will be attending on Thursday and Friday. On Monday and Tuesday before Thanksgiving, we get to teach remotely FROM HOME!!!!!! I'm only required to teach for 2 hours each day, so it will be awesome. Except for those 4 hours, it will be like I have the week off.

Now I just have to teach 13 Kindergartners how to use their iPads and actually stay on task; do a boatload of assessments; learn how to enter grades; and learn how to do report cards (everything was old-school handwritten in PreK).

One. Day. At. A. Time.

Since I'm essentially off from November 21-29, I'm happy to take that week. I know it's early to decide who's doing what, but I would like to claim that week so that I can keep up my end of things. I feel badly that I have been so absent, but work has taken over my life.

Saturday is starting off slow. It was a restless night last night, Ester has been having runny poop and getting really upset when there was some discharge on her bum and when she passed gas. It happened later in the day Thursday, so I went up to the natural pet store and got some pumpkin and wheatgrass puree, which is good for regulating their digestion. Friday morning she was normal - yah, then Friday evening she was gassy and poopy again, so I worried about her all night. This morning she is great and made a really nice poop - in the bathtub. Would prefer not to go down that road again, so I'm keeping the bathroom door closed and will swap out litter boxes, event tho I really like the one they are currently using.

And there ends my dissertation on kitten poop.

The scale had good news for me this morning - I am back to my lowest weight, so I've shed everything I put on last month. September be gone. I forgot to take my before bed spices yesterday tho, dang it. Today I'm going to get a little white board where I can track everything I need to do each day... then I'll just have to remember to look at it.

My vacation PJs arrived and I don't like them, so this morning I'm headed down to the store to return them and the slipper/shoes, and will look for replacements. Might do the country drive, I could actually start from the mall the store is in, to mix it up a bit. There is a thick overcast, but it isn't raining, so I could stop for a walk along the way. I've really been craving sky and being able to see clouds, so one way or another there will be outside time today.

Since I'm essentially off from November 21-29, I'm happy to take that week. I know it's early to decide who's doing what, but I would like to claim that week so that I can keep up my end of things. I feel badly that I have been so absent, but work has taken over my life.

And I can do the first week in November. - I'm hosting the exercise thread this month, so I can just transition right over without losing my routine!

Nov. 2-8 ~ PollyannaMom
Nov. 9-15 ~
Nov. 16-22 ~
Nov. 22-29 ~ Summer2018

(11/30 will be with the first week of December, and hence, a new thread.)

Sometimes we have the luxury of time on the weekends to indulge in self-care, but weekends can also be jam packed with things to do! I thought this little reminder about some quick things we can do that is helping us on our healthy journey as well.

What self-care will you do today indulgent or quick and done?

My Self-Care Sunday has included lunch out with the kids - I was going to take the twins to LoneStar restaurant (USA Styled restaurant with ribs etc.) for their Birthday back in February! I can't exactly remember what got in the way but it was also then Covid-19 restriction related that we didn't get there sooner - we have been trying to make the effort to go for the past month and our busy schedules kept stopping us - but we made it today! And I raised a glass and wished them happy birthday :rotfl:

I have also done most of the shopping for the week - I need to pick up some fresh produce tomorrow. Yesterday I asked them all for ideas for freezer meals to have options on hand as we are going to try really hard for the next 4 weeks to not have take-out. So will do some cooking the next few nights to get that squared away.

I had a sleep this afternoon.

I made everyone chip in yesterday and get the house cleaned and tidied - which always makes me feel better.

I emailed DDs math teacher this morning - and whilst it is about her - it also means that I can put plans in place and have one less thing feeling like it is hanging over me and worrying about. He rang me this afternoon - and we have the start of a plan :)

I also forgot to answer yesterday:

If you could star in any TV show throughout history, what would it be and who would you be?

When I was a kid, I always wanted to be a guest on the Brady Bunch.

And as for today:

I did my nails this morning. :)

And now we just need a week two host for next month:

Nov. 2-8 ~ PollyannaMom
Nov. 9-15 ~
Nov. 16-22 ~ Oneanne
Nov. 22-29 ~ Summer2018

View attachment 533030

Sometimes we have the luxury of time on the weekends to indulge in self-care, but weekends can also be jam packed with things to do! I thought this little reminder about some quick things we can do that is helping us on our healthy journey as well.

I just did a quick mindfulness exercise breathing deeply and thinking positive thoughts before my husband gets home and my daughter wakes up! Very little "me time" these days.

Last edited:
Okay. He came home as I clicked "Post reply." Groceries are put away. DD is still asleep. He's making his breakfast. I have another few minutes.

Cute animals: Yesterday I shared a post on Facebook of a scuba diver who studies seals. The video shows him petting the seal like a dog, and the seal hugging him, playing with him, and showing personality. I love seals. I also love penguins. During the pandemic, there were a lot of videos showing penguins touring aquariums by themselves, and watching them made me laugh and gave me comfort.

Water is easy...I drink at least five 24oz. corkcicles filled with water a day. In the summer, I drink even more. I'm on a water pill, so I'm more thirsty than normal people. I'm also post-menopausal and still have the occasional hot flash.

Three nice things about me:
1. I'm funny.
2. I have a great laugh...the kind of laugh that fellow movie theater patrons laugh at. It used to embarrass my daughter when I would be the only one in the movie theater laughing and others would be laughing at my laugh.
3. I am empathetic toward others' feelings and stand up for those being oppressed or mistreated.

Done. :)

I also forgot to answer yesterday:

If you could star in any TV show throughout history, what would it be and who would you be?

When I was a kid, I always wanted to be a guest on the Brady Bunch.

And as for today:

I did my nails this morning. :)

And now we just need a week two host for next month:

Nov. 2-8 ~ PollyannaMom
Nov. 9-15 ~
Nov. 16-22 ~ Oneanne
Nov. 22-29 ~ Summer2018
When I was a kid, the Brady Bunch was my favorite show. I desperately wanted to be Marcia. I couldn't stand Jan, even though she probably needed someone in her corner. I was closest in age to Cindy, and even though she was two years older than me, I thought she was much too babyish. Marcia...LOVED her. Being a guest on the show would have been cool...there were so many good ones.

I feel like the sun never came out yesterday and it looks like it'll be the same today. Typical fall weather for the PNW, but it does make it difficult to get going and get your bearings when the entire day feels like twilight.

It was another disruptive poopy night, she did have a nice poop but there was also dribbling and I think her bum is tender from all the moisture and licking. She's playing again this morning and eating and cuddling, doesn't mind having her tummy or back stroked, so I'm baffled. If tonight isn't better we'll be going to the vet tomorrow. I need to go to the beach next week, I need let go and unwind, so I need to not have a poorly feeling kitten.

Self care today is doing laundry and cleaning house. I read somewhere that you really shouldn't consider such things as self-care because they are chores, but I know I'll feel better when I've done them. Also, painting the last corner of the living room... which has been going on since about June.

All my numbers look really good this morning, blood pressure is great, blood sugar has finally dropped into the good range and I've dropped another pound, so that is one of the two pounds I'd like rid myself of this week. I've switched to chicken for my protein this week and added avocados and will really try to do my spices every day/night and will call that a success.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!