October 2021 Availability and Booking

Obviously this is my first time working through all this, but something happened this weekend that made no sense. I was online waiting for the 8 am countdown to try and get my Tower Studio at 11 months and when I went to book there was no availability by 8:02. I was extremely frustrated but realized I still have about a month before my actual travel dates to try and get one of these rooms to walk.

I did some things around the house and checked back around 9 am and BOOM, there it was. I rushed to book four nights of the TS and locked it in. No idea what is going on with these reservations or why it popped up.

Now, I feel dirty because every morning I go in and walk my reservation back a day. I am still fighting to find that illusive standard view studio as well. I guess this is what has to happen for these tough to get rooms. I wish it wasn't this difficult, so now I am convincing my wife to add another 50 points to bump us into 1 BR so that we don't have this stress. I guess there is always a silver lining.

Obviously this is my first time working through all this, but something happened this weekend that made no sense. I was online waiting for the 8 am countdown to try and get my Tower Studio at 11 months and when I went to book there was no availability by 8:02. I was extremely frustrated but realized I still have about a month before my actual travel dates to try and get one of these rooms to walk.

I did some things around the house and checked back around 9 am and BOOM, there it was. I rushed to book four nights of the TS and locked it in. No idea what is going on with these reservations or why it popped up.

Now, I feel dirty because every morning I go in and walk my reservation back a day. I am still fighting to find that illusive standard view studio as well. I guess this is what has to happen for these tough to get rooms. I wish it wasn't this difficult, so now I am convincing my wife to add another 50 points to bump us into 1 BR so that we don't have this stress. I guess there is always a silver lining.

What may have happened is someone canceled it out or didn’t follow through with the booking.

I have had this happen so many times where not there at 8 but try all day and it shows up. Never give up!

Yes! I agree with more points!! Lol

It’s not necessary to walk every day at 11 months. I do it every 6 days. Right now I am up to sept 17 to 24. On the 23rd, I’ll kick it up to Sept 23 to 30. Then my final will be Sept 29 to Oct 6. Boardwalk view studio.

Ok, so who can tell me why Sept. 20 & 21, 2021 at BWV standard view 2 bedroom, is already unavailable...??

Ok, so who can tell me why Sept. 20 & 21, 2021 at BWV standard view 2 bedroom, is already unavailable...??

Members who have September 19, 20, 21. 2 bedrooms at BWV are hard to get because they are all lockoffs. When studios are gone, 2 bedrooms are gone.

Members who have September 19, 20, 21. 2 bedrooms at BWV are hard to get because they are all lockoffs. When studios are gone, 2 bedrooms are gone.
Yes, but it seems when a room is being walked, only the first day..the 19th.. would be unavailable. I just don't remember seeing additional days already being unavailable.

Right...but usually even with walking, only the first date is unavailable since the 20th & 21st aren't 11 months out yet.

I'm sure there's heavy walking towards 10/1. Boardwalk view studios are gone 19, 20. BLT standard view studios are gone 19, 20, 21.

I'm sure there's heavy walking towards 10/1. Boardwalk view studios are gone 19, 20. BLT standard view studios are gone 19, 20, 21.
Yes, that's probably it. I just don't remember seeing it like this before. Thank you

Last edited:
Right...but usually even with walking, only the first date is unavailable since the 20th & 21st aren't 11 months out yet.
It's actually quite normal at AKV for values and club level studios that more than 1 day into the 11 month window is booked. Right now I think they're each booked 4 days into the window. There is just an overlap of those walking and those with reservations that they plan on keeping.

It's actually quite normal at AKV for values and club level studios that more than 1 day into the 11 month window is booked. Right now I think they're each booked 4 days into the window right now. There is just an overlap of those walking and those with reservations that they plan on keeping.
Ok, thanks..that makes sense.

Is it just October 1 that people are fighting to book? My kids have fall break the 7-11 and I am planning to book a 3br for that. Should I be walking that already? Also, should I give up any hope of switching to anything at 7 mos (home-AKV would like to get BLT for this trip. May not be able to anyway if the borrow restrictions hold. Unless I end up buying BLT 😆:rotfl2:)

Is it just October 1 that people are fighting to book? My kids have fall break the 7-11 and I am planning to book a 3br for that. Should I be walking that already? Also, should I give up any hope of switching to anything at 7 mos (home-AKV would like to get BLT for this trip. May not be able to anyway if the borrow restrictions hold. Unless I end up buying BLT 😆:rotfl2:)
I’m at the point where I need to hope they are walking for some version of reservations probably September 29/30 thru October 5 or 8 to get my standard room studio. I guess we will know soon if things open up past those dates. If all else fails I’m buying more points for the preferred room or 1 BR that is available at 11 months. Awww shucks! (Just Kidding)

It's actually quite normal at AKV for values and club level studios that more than 1 day into the 11 month window is booked. Right now I think they're each booked 4 days into the window. There is just an overlap of those walking and those with reservations that they plan on keeping.

We have 8 nights in a 1 bedroom value at AKV for 9-18 through 9-26. It's a placeholder for us until 7 months and I assume a lot of people do that. So always check your 7 month window even for the hard to get units. But given the demand based on fall frenzy, built up points, and the 50th we may have to end up keeping it. We will see.

We got an 8 night 1 bedroom value at AKV for 9-18 through 9-26. It's a placeholder for us until 7 months and I assume a lot of people do that. So always check your 7 month window even for the hard to get units.
I actually have a Value Studio that I'm walking for an October 1st trip. To your point though, we've even dropped value studios at 7 months when we switched elsewhere. While we like the savings of the value rooms if we are staying at AKV we also enjoying staying at various resorts and don't mind giving up the value studio to do so.

Still pretty nasty. You run into Columbus Day school breaks. Likelihood of switching is bad, but you should be able to get home at 11 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter