October 2021

Wonderly93

Earning My Ears
So I am planning to go to Disney for the first time with some friends in 2021. Specifically October. We are limited by school holidays as one of us is a teacher so while it will be a busy time we are stuck there.

I have many questions obviously but my main one is. At the moment I can book hotel and tickets through Disney but not flights. That is totally understandable but would it save me more money to wait until flights are available? Does the package get applied to your booking already?

I just don’t want to price to jump 500 for flights.

My fear in waiting is we can’t get the dates we want as we are constricted by school terms and budgets.

The price of flights will not yet be known as they have not been released. What you pay for the Disney part direct with Disney does not change by Booking with a flight included,

The price of flights will not yet be known as they have not been released. What you pay for the Disney part direct with Disney does not change by Booking with a flight included,

Yeah that I get, I just mean could I add the flights via Disney when they are realised and would they become part of their "package". I don't think I worded that very well at all in my initial post. 😂 I was trying to over explain a very simple question really.

Yes you can amend your booking with Disney direct to include flights once they become available. I did this on my last booking and then received an atol certificate. Just be aware that a hotel/ticket reservation is only a £50 deposit, when you add flights you’ll be asked to make the deposit up to £300.

Are you sure it became ATOL protected when adding a flight later? I only ask as the ATOL rules state that to be considered a package the items habe to be purchased within 24 hours of each other.

Also the cancellation rules change when flights are included, but it’s the only way to not habe to pay for full flight costs at time of booking.

Yes you can amend your booking with Disney direct to include flights once they become available. I did this on my last booking and then received an atol certificate. Just be aware that a hotel/ticket reservation is only a £50 deposit, when you add flights you’ll be asked to make the deposit up to £300.

Fab thank you! Also than you for the heads up on the deposit going up if we do choose to do it this way.

Are you sure it became ATOL protected when adding a flight later? I only ask as the ATOL rules state that to be considered a package the items habe to be purchased within 24 hours of each other.

Also the cancellation rules change when flights are included, but it’s the only way to not habe to pay for full flight costs at time of booking.

This wasn't something I had thought of at all actually. I assumed it would be. Maybe it would be better to wait until November when the flights go up to get it all together then. I would rather the protection at this point.

edit:I realise how much I am saying I didn't know about that haha but this is my first trip.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter