October Colorful & Fantastic Fall Exercise Challenge!!!

kathleen27

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the October Exercise Challenge!!!
If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team!

This is how it works:

You choose a time goal (as much or as little as you want), and then you post minutes toward that goal as you exercise. (You can post every day, or just whenever you can.) All sorts of movement counts! You can set a monthly goal that means something to you, or calculate your goal based on a target number of minutes per day. Since October has 31 days, here are some popular conversions:

10 minutes/day = 310
15 minutes/day = 465
20 minutes/day = 620
30 minutes/day = 930

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress. This month the colors are:

Cool Blue 10%
Autumn Orange 25%
Magical Purple 50%
Parade Pink 75%
On fire Red 90%
WISH Green 100%

Are you ready to change colors along with the fall leaves???
I'll be posting Disney photos to celebrate our accomplishments and keep us motivated along the way!!!

The challenge officially starts on October 1, but if you don’t find this thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list.

Participants:

2manypets 1940/1250
2TxAgs 1205/1100

alievans719 190/500
bearybubba 90/600
chbc 1465/1200
CruisingKate 690/600
Dentam 820/800
DVCFan1994 1700/1500
galaxygirl76 1220/1200
glss1/2fll 1348/1000

kathleen27 780/1000
LizardQueen8 1440/1200
meghammy 310/500
mickeyfanachey1999 950/930
pix13dust 775/1000
PollyannaMom 515/500
Rattpack 939/1275
roxymama 575/800

SarahDisney 2349/1500
Sleeping*Beauty 60/300
sophy1996 1326/1250
swissfamilyrobinson 932/900

Team Total: 21,579

Team Goal: 20,905

Last edited:

I'm in, I got to 1400 this month. I want to challenge myself to go higher, but I also know my schedule is quite a bit more packed in October than September. So, I'll go for 1500, a bit of a challenge from where I finished this month, but not a huge jump.

I only made 84% of my goal for September, so I'm going to say 500 minutes is probably more realistic for October. Hopefully I can get a better routine down and surpass it, but we'll see. Looking forward to the fall colors :rainbow: and Disney pics!!

Last edited:
Welcome to the October exercise thread!

magic-kingdom-welcome-00.jpg

I'm hoping that the cooler temps this month will make it easier to get my minutes in!

Here are a few Disney history photos & trivia to start off the month!

October 1st is a special day in Disney history for the Florida parks! Magic Kingdom opened on October 1, 1971!

MKOpeningLARGE.jpg

And on October 1, 1982, EPCOT Center opened!

1982-epcot-ticket-sm.jpg

Although they both opened their doors to guests on October 1st, only Spaceship Earth had a dedication ceremony that day. Magic Kingdom and World Showcase dedication ceremonies and Grand Opening ceremonies were all held later in the month.

So I was really bad and basically stopped exercising all last month! Ashamed I am.

So since I am really going to try again, and not make an unobtainable goal(for me at least), I am only shooting for 500 minutes this month. It's rainy and miserable here, my running buddy works late so we haven't gotten out there in forever. Gotta get back on that exercise grind!

I am on the board today for 70 minutes. 70/1500

Let me tell you it was a cluster of an attempt at exercise though. My husband is away and I have no one to watch the kids so I can do my long run this weekend, so I wanted to do it today. I am sick of the routes by my house, so I've been driving a little ways to a rail trail. Short distances I do just on the trail. Longer than 5 I go around a basin once or twice and then onto the trail to finish whatever distance is my goal. So I drive there today, park, and go to plug my headphones into my phone. No phone. UUUGGGHHH. Drive home, get my phone drive back. Takes 15 minutes. Going to have to push the pace a bit or not walk for a mile after to cooldown like I usually do, but still doable. Park again, plug headphones into my phone, reach for my wrist to start my Garmin. NO GARMIN!!! What is wrong with me? :furious: The two things I Never leave home without, and I forgot both? I had to be done by a certain time, so I do not have time to go get it. But, due some heart rate issues I had last month, I am not crazy about running without my HR monitor. So, What was supposed to be a 8-9 mile run turned into a 5 mile run/walk so I could save energy for tomorrow to do the 8 miles then.

I already have my fuel belt, headphones, garmin and heart rate strap in a pile for tomorrow. Lets just hope I remember my phone:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter