October pink......do you know someone who has/had breast cancer?

DH older daughter was diagnosed last year at 36-chemo, double mastectomy and continues hormonal therapy
I am also an oncology nurse sho,of course,know lots of all ages.

I work in neurosurgery. We have a lot of patients with brain mets that started as breast cancer. It breaks my heart when it's a young mom. Just heart breaking.

That's what happened with my late mother-in-law. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1986. Had one breast removed. She asked the surgeon to remove the other breast, but the surgeon would not. In 1998, she discovered that she had cancer in the other breast and it has metasticized to her brain.

Personally- I'm pretty sure my grandmother on my moms side fought it when I was a kid. Probably in her 60s. She passed away in her 80s from cancer that had spread(I say I think bc my mother never gives me a good answer when I ask)

I am a mammo tech so I met women in every stage of breast cancer. Initial call back films, biopies, wire placement for lumpectomy, and survivors who come for follow ups 20 years later.

I was diagnosed last year with stage IIB breast cancer. I had a double mastectomy, lymph nodes removed on the left side, and 6 weeks of radiation. I'm now on hormonal therapy.

My mother-in-law was diagnosed and had surgery about 12 years ago. She's 84 and in great health today.

A good friend of DW was recently diagnosed and is having a lumpectomy next week.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!