October Pre & Trip reports

We will be down there Oct. 27th thru Nov. 4th but we are staying offsite this time for the first time in several years. BUT, we are going to the Return to Sleepy Hollow event on the 28th so I was able to convince my wife to let me get a tent site & a cart for that date so for at least a day & a night we will get to enjoy the Fort. Better than no Fort at all. See you guys there.

Last edited:
We're looking to grab another night and stay Monday night but I don't see me paying full price on a GF room. We're gonna see if we can score a room at another resort for the one night on Monday. Then we'd have a down day to visit and around some.

We'll see.

1F5C741B-23CB-4444-A8DD-93F23ECCBB91.jpeg Requisite pic:

Went to EPCOT today. Hot but very comfortable crowd-wise.
I noticed that Disney has turned down the volume of the water pageant thank goodness...it was so loud that I could hear it very clearly last time I was on the 1800 loop! On the 200 loop this time and love it.

The 200 loop, Peach? You'll get hooked on the Preferred loops.

Thanks for the pic.

Bama Ed

Hey Ed...yeah 200 is soooo convenient, close to the settlement and dock but best of all, I can take ANY internal bus to get “home”.

So we are kind of going to Disney. Bert had to be at one of the plants about 45 minutes from Disney for the week. It’s hard for me to do Mallory on my own. We tried for a campsite but it was so last minute could not get all the nights, plus if we took the RV would have to drive on the weekend and I would get very little Disney time. Then I checked to see about a cabin at the fort. Wow that was kind of expensive could not justify it. So I got creative, and we are renting a house in Reunion. It will be 15 minutes to Disney and only 30 minutes for bert to get to the plant. So I will get some Disney time. Will be in Florida, oct 20 to 28. It seems like quite. Few will be around, let me know if there is a meet up, I will bring the rock star.

@Disneypeach

Oh no! I love listening to the electrical night parade as I drift to sleep, it is a true lullaby.

Hopefully, not down too much. We will be staying 1800 - 1900 loop and one of my most favorite things about the fort is listening to that parade from my site.

Okay folks it's almost here. Everyone is starting to get that Disney vibe going. Today is my 7 day mark from leaving and my preparations start in earnest. I'm sure everyone has a similar routine so I won't go into details. My older daughter and I check in on the 24th. I plan to use the Tiggerdad travel plans again. Leaving Mobile AL on Tuesday afternoon and stopping for sleep at the Ocala rest area. Then rolling into the Fort earlier on Wednesday and praying our site is open. Thursday I pick up my golf cart from Kenny. I was also able to get an invite to the Passholder event at Epcot that day but since my daughter only has a Silver pass she can't attend unless I upgrade her. I just can't see spending that much for a few hours at Epcot so I opted to go to the MNSSHP on Sunday. It's been a few years since we did that so it should be fun and we get extra candy to hand out. We will be on a relaxed schedule until my girlfriend and daughter(s) arrive during the night Friday. After that we'll be in park commando mode. I plan on posting our site number as soon as we get backed in so feel free to stop by. If the truck and golf cart are there we're home. We will be around the Fort for sure on Tuesday for the cart parade and dinner at Trails End and just looping to see everyone's set ups before the mayhem starts. Then around all evening for Halloween. Hope to see everyone on here at least once. Happy Halloween.

Additional news. A couple of months ago I was able to get my girlfriend hired at the Walmart distribution center where I now work. We decided between us we can afford to bring her older daughter and 2 yr old grandson. They usually tag along when we go camping anyway so it's nothing new. It will be fun to see Disney thru his eyes on his first trip. He's a really good kid so hopefully we won't have too many melt downs.

@Disneypeach

Oh no! I love listening to the electrical night parade as I drift to sleep, it is a true lullaby.

Hopefully, not down too much. We will be staying 1800 - 1900 loop and one of my most favorite things about the fort is listening to that parade from my site.

Truthfully, I don’t think you’ll hear much of it now in the “full” loops. I just barely hear it over my tv and ac in 200. Perhaps keep your windows open and it might be audible.

We are planning on coming in early Thursday the 25th. Gonna leave late in the night Wednesday night. Since we aren't pulling a camper my wife can help drive, so score for me!:thumbsup2

If the room isn't ready, no big deal, we plan on going to HS for the day and so I changed our FPs tonight for this. Plan on getting first look at Toystoryland and then gonna send the girls some pics back since they aren't able to go with us.:banana::lmao:

For Friday, gotta special plans. I have the conference that morning until about 1pm, then lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe. Our lunch guests will be...drum roll please...
giphy.gif

Mr. and Mrs. TheRustyScupper!

After that they have invited us to go EPCOT and tour around with them for the Food and Wine Festival. This should be very educational. (The girls are positively angry now, they really like TRS)

On Saturday I have conference again that morning then we are headed to MK since that is the only day that they aren't doing the halloween party, so we don't have to leave early. We'll catch the usual fireworks show that night.

Sunday is a down day. Plan on trying to head over the FW that day to visit around and see some of the Dis folks that might happen to be around that day. I'll have to get you guys straight on your site numbers and I'll put a game plan together. Maybe do Disney Springs that midday and go over to FW in the evening. That night we have dinner reservations at California Grill and we'll watch the fireworks that night (different show since it's Halloween party) from the roof the The Contemporary.

Monday will be head out day. We were planning on staying an extra night and leave on Tuesday, but figure kids will need to be whipped back into shape by then so we'll head on back.

Again, Sunday will be FW day in our plans, but since we are just across the lake we may make an extra evening trip over if plans change. I for sure promised @pluto67 and @serenitygr we'd be by since we haven't seen them in a few years. I'll keep an eye on the boards and track the sites and when you guys might be around. I might post some from the GF, but not a lot since it isn't "Home".

Okay folks it's almost here. Everyone is starting to get that Disney vibe going. Today is my 7 day mark from leaving and my preparations start in earnest. I'm sure everyone has a similar routine so I won't go into details. My older daughter and I check in on the 24th. I plan to use the Tiggerdad travel plans again. Leaving Mobile AL on Tuesday afternoon and stopping for sleep at the Ocala rest area. Then rolling into the Fort earlier on Wednesday and praying our site is open. Thursday I pick up my golf cart from Kenny. I was also able to get an invite to the Passholder event at Epcot that day but since my daughter only has a Silver pass she can't attend unless I upgrade her. I just can't see spending that much for a few hours at Epcot so I opted to go to the MNSSHP on Sunday. It's been a few years since we did that so it should be fun and we get extra candy to hand out. We will be on a relaxed schedule until my girlfriend and daughter(s) arrive during the night Friday. After that we'll be in park commando mode. I plan on posting our site number as soon as we get backed in so feel free to stop by. If the truck and golf cart are there we're home. We will be around the Fort for sure on Tuesday for the cart parade and dinner at Trails End and just looping to see everyone's set ups before the mayhem starts. Then around all evening for Halloween. Hope to see everyone on here at least once. Happy Halloween.
Flametamr- myself and two of my kids are doing the MNSSHP Sunday as well! ( the 28th) and you’re Tuesday/ Wednesday plans sound like ours!

We are planning on coming in early Thursday the 25th. Gonna leave late in the night Wednesday night. Since we aren't pulling a camper my wife can help drive, so score for me!:thumbsup2

If the room isn't ready, no big deal, we plan on going to HS for the day and so I changed our FPs tonight for this. Plan on getting first look at Toystoryland and then gonna send the girls some pics back since they aren't able to go with us.:banana::lmao:

For Friday, gotta special plans. I have the conference that morning until about 1pm, then lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe. Our lunch guests will be...drum roll please...
giphy.gif

Mr. and Mrs. TheRustyScupper!

After that they have invited us to go EPCOT and tour around with them for the Food and Wine Festival. This should be very educational. (The girls are positively angry now, they really like TRS)

On Saturday I have conference again that morning then we are headed to MK since that is the only day that they aren't doing the halloween party, so we don't have to leave early. We'll catch the usual fireworks show that night.

Sunday is a down day. Plan on trying to head over the FW that day to visit around and see some of the Dis folks that might happen to be around that day. I'll have to get you guys straight on your site numbers and I'll put a game plan together. Maybe do Disney Springs that midday and go over to FW in the evening. That night we have dinner reservations at California Grill and we'll watch the fireworks that night (different show since it's Halloween party) from the roof the The Contemporary.

Monday will be head out day. We were planning on staying an extra night and leave on Tuesday, but figure kids will need to be whipped back into shape by then so we'll head on back.

Again, Sunday will be FW day in our plans, but since we are just across the lake we may make an extra evening trip over if plans change. I for sure promised @pluto67 and @serenitygr we'd be by since we haven't seen them in a few years. I'll keep an eye on the boards and track the sites and when you guys might be around. I might post some from the GF, but not a lot since it isn't "Home".
Tiggerdad- we’ll sure miss having you at the Fort your whole stay but so glad you’re close enough we’ll get to say hi! Our Sunday plans are brunch at 12 at Trails End, and the MNSSHP for three of us that afternoon- probably heading over on the boat about 3ish.... other than that we’ll be at the Fort all day so we’ll definitely meet with you as long as we can! We’ll have to introduce you to our newbie campers- our three chihuahuas!

View attachment 358900 Went over to MK today. Kinda surprised by the low crowd size. This was taken around 9am.

Peach,

I think yesterday when you attended the MK, the crowd was low because there was also a MNSSHP scheduled for that night. Given that the party opens at 6pm IIRC (and non-special event ticket holders have to be out) coupled with party folks being allowed to enter at 4pm means a lot of WDW guests pass on MK on party dates. That gives only 9 hours of open ride time for regular day guests.

I remember a visit about two years ago during March when MK opened at 8am and Magic Hours kept it open till 2am that gave us 18 hours of open ride time (2x yesterday). There is no party today (Wednesday) and the park is open later and will no doubt be more crowded with regular day guests.

Bama Ed

I think yesterday when you attended the MK, the crowd was low because there was also a MNSSHP scheduled for that night. Given that the party opens at 6pm IIRC (and non-special event ticket holders have to be out) coupled with party folks being allowed to enter at 4pm means a lot of WDW guests pass on MK on party dates. That gives only 9 hours of open ride time for regular day guests.

Teresa and I have park hoppers and are going to try and take advantage of the party days at the MK. On a couple of the MNSSHP days we scheduled our regular FP at a different park. We are going to go to the MK early and get in what we can, leave and maybe get something to eat, and then go to the park that we have FP for and do those in the evening. On a couple of the MK party days, the crowd level for the MK was listed at 1 and 2 out of 10.

Steve

Teresa and I have park hoppers and are going to try and take advantage of the party days at the MK. On a couple of the MNSSHP days we scheduled our regular FP at a different park. We are going to go to the MK early and get in what we can, leave and maybe get something to eat, and then go to the park that we have FP for and do those in the evening. On a couple of the MK party days, the crowd level for the MK was listed at 1 and 2 out of 10.

Steve

We've used this type of strategy a lot. Understanding the draws at various times of day can make a huge difference if you make use of hoppers. Mornings on party days at MK...mornings at Epcot during F&W...these can all really help. Rope dropping parks that have evening EMH is another one that can be useful. We also will rope drop morning EMH to do the first few hours as the crowd builds up and then bolt to another park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter