October Pre & Trip reports

You all are making me incredibly jealous!! :crazy2: Of all of the trips our family has taken, I'm not sure any measure up to our trip to the Fort last October - it was an absolutely incredible time.

Have a blast and keep sharing pics - at least those of us at a distance can live vicariously through your photos.

Well, in the sweltering heat I got the cover off the trailer and the wheels. Those nasty dirt dobbers made a mess inside one of the wheel covers. The nest was about the size of a baseball! Gave them all a good scrubbing, let dry and then packed the covers away until next May. I put out the slide and turned the A/C on and everything looks good. Next weekend will be restocking all the toiletries, papergoods and all the misc. items like batteries, matches, etc. 26 days and counting :).

Magic bands 1.jpg

When you know its getting close. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
6 Magic Bands for this trip. Teresa and I are excited that Jordan and his girlfriend, along with Emily and her husband, managed to work out their schedules so that they can join us for a couple of days at Disney. This will be Katie and Michael's first trip to WDW. They will be flying into Sanford on Friday night. On Saturday we are going to do the WDW transportation tour with a boat ride to the Contemporary followed by a monorail trip to the Poly for breakfast at Captain Cook's (Tonga Toast and a Kona Blend press pot coffee :thumbsup2:thumbsup2). We are then going to continue the monorail loop to the TTC with a transfer to the Epcot monorail. We are then going to catch a bus from Epcot to Port Orleans Riverside. From there we will catch the boat to Downtown Disney (some call this Disney Springs :confused3). We have a dinner reservation at T-Rex. After dinner Teresa and I will head back to the Fort. I'm sure the kids will want to stay out a little longer. On Sunday we will be going to MK. We have FP for 7 Dwarfs, Big Thunder and Splash. On Monday morning Jordan and I will be making a big breakfast for everyone at the campsite. I'm sure that they will want to take the golf cart out and explore the Fort. Hopefully there will be some Halloween decorations still out and who knows maybe some Christmas decorations will be found. Unfortunately they fly back home Monday evening. I know its only 2 1/2 days but we are so excited to have them with us at the Fort. We started our Disney addiction in 2001. With both of our kids now in the workforce, Teresa and I have spent the last few trips at Disney kidless. Although this is at times a neat and fun way to do Disney, we still value the times that we get to spend together as a family and I am excited at how our family is growing and what future trips to the Fort and Disney may hold for us.

Steve

Looking for opinions for how much candy to buy for trick or treaters? We've done dinner at Trails End and watched the golf cart parade for the last 3 years but this will be our first time actually camping at the Fort for Halloween. Super excited!!!!!

View attachment 355346

When you know its getting close. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
6 Magic Bands for this trip. Teresa and I are excited that Jordan and his girlfriend, along with Emily and her husband, managed to work out their schedules so that they can join us for a couple of days at Disney. This will be Katie and Michael's first trip to WDW. They will be flying into Sanford on Friday night. On Saturday we are going to do the WDW transportation tour with a boat ride to the Contemporary followed by a monorail trip to the Poly for breakfast at Captain Cook's (Tonga Toast and a Kona Blend press pot coffee :thumbsup2:thumbsup2). We are then going to continue the monorail loop to the TTC with a transfer to the Epcot monorail. We are then going to catch a bus from Epcot to Port Orleans Riverside. From there we will catch the boat to Downtown Disney (some call this Disney Springs :confused3). We have a dinner reservation at T-Rex. After dinner Teresa and I will head back to the Fort. I'm sure the kids will want to stay out a little longer. On Sunday we will be going to MK. We have FP for 7 Dwarfs, Big Thunder and Splash. On Monday morning Jordan and I will be making a big breakfast for everyone at the campsite. I'm sure that they will want to take the golf cart out and explore the Fort. Hopefully there will be some Halloween decorations still out and who knows maybe some Christmas decorations will be found. Unfortunately they fly back home Monday evening. I know its only 2 1/2 days but we are so excited to have them with us at the Fort. We started our Disney addiction in 2001. With both of our kids now in the workforce, Teresa and I have spent the last few trips at Disney kidless. Although this is at times a neat and fun way to do Disney, we still value the times that we get to spend together as a family and I am excited at how our family is growing and what future trips to the Fort and Disney may hold for us.

Steve

Sounds like you have a great plan. It's always fun to go with people who have never been, you get to relive all the excitement that we who visit often forget about. We too mostly do kidless trips. Our son, 21, is a college student and works part time, so he does not get to join us on camping trips for the entire time. The good thing about be local, he usually can drive over and spend at least the day with us.

Looking for opinions for how much candy to buy for trick or treaters? We've done dinner at Trails End and watched the golf cart parade for the last 3 years but this will be our first time actually camping at the Fort for Halloween. Super excited!!!!!

We have only stayed at the Fort for Halloween night once and we didn't go through as much candy as I thought we would. I think it depends on your site. We were in the 1600 or 1800 loop way in the back and did not get much traffic, yet my sister was in one of the site towards the front of the loops and got tons of visitors.

Found these on another site so I thought I would share.
View attachment 355124 View attachment 355125

The calendar shows the ToT going from 7-9pm but based on my observation of participating in it last year, you better be set up and ready to hand out candy by 6pm.

The official sunset time on 10/31 in Lake Buena Vista is 642pm and by then it will be ramping up into high gear.

I was in loop 100 and we got a lot of action for a couple hours. Loops further out may not get as much action and Halloween this year is on a week night. And some year the ToT has NOT been listed on the monthly activity calendar at all (because it's generally by camper for campers) although lots of folks know about it and come over (on and off site folks).

Just be ready at 6pm if you are in the central areas (loops 100-1400) IMO.

Bama Ed

The calendar shows the ToT going from 7-9pm but based on my observation of participating in it last year, you better be set up and ready to hand out candy by 6pm.

Th

Just be ready at 6pm if you are in the central areas (loops 100-1400) IMO.

Bama Ed

We had the same experience. Planned our day with the intent to be in the camper getting ready by 6:30 so that we could be out by 7. By the time we were headed back to the camper (probably 6:15ish?) there were already people everywhere!

We had the same experience. Planned our day with the intent to be in the camper getting ready by 6:30 so that we could be out by 7. By the time we were headed back to the camper (probably 6:15ish?) there were already people everywhere!

And you came by my site, Marty, later that night. :wave2: It was cool to meet you as you drove by.

I remember it like it was last year. :rotfl:

As I said back then, our job was to make you look good. :thumbsup2

So you Halloween Folks 2018 - be ready and enjoy the moment. It will be gone quickly. :hourglass

Bama Ed

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!