October trip ...POR and Parks good and bad

LSUTigerDISfreak

Earning My Ears
Just returned from our 10-19 to 10-26 trip. Awesome time but a few complaints. Stayed at POR for the 5th time. We love it there but I have never seen as much trash at any resort in the ponds and streams in the resort under the bridges and along walkways. Plastic bottles, cigarettes and candy wrappers that were there the day we arrived and still there the day we left. Also this was Thanksgiving week and on a few days they had people at the depots telling people which lines to get in. A few days there was no one and it was mass chaos. Even people smoking on the benches with a lot of people around !!! I had to ask one lady to please put her cigarette out. POR needs to police this especially during peak times!!

The parks were great except for one cast member named Christy at the Pirates ride. Not going to get into the altercation but I’ll say she’s the rudest cast member we have ever encountered in all of Disney. I hope this little millenial’s mommy and daddy have a lot of money because she will never be able to keep a job with that attitude.

We always get the deluxe dining Plan because my wife likes to eat at the nice restaurants. This is my second time to eat at the Yachtsman and I can honestly say this is the best meal we have ever had on any trip. This used to be how we felt about the California Grill but we had pretty bad service there the last 2 times. The Yachtsman is a must do!!

We love WDW but there are some improvements needed as always. Service and a clean resort are expected...

Hopefully you had more good vibes than bad ones! It's interesting to hear because we were supposed to visit 10/22-10/28 (staying at the Yacht Club) but had to reschedule for next year (no dates yet). We love Yachtsman Steakhouse and so glad to hear they still deliver great service and food!

That's too bad that POR had so much trash around the resort - if that was a first visit for you and your family it might have not influenced you to stay there in the future. I agree with you - service and a clean resort should be expected!

Sorry you had some bad experiences; I really hate it when people use the term Millennial like it's a bad thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!