October Trip Reports w/activity calendar

Happy b day !
I set my decorations up outside my house( they will not fit in the camper, trust me!) and have a haphazard array of stuff that doesn't go together in the camper. Oh well. 1st year and wasn't expecting much. Tbh , just glad to be able to get away for a bit and have my daughters first disney experience. ( mine too at the fort). It will still be festive and fun.

I moved the motorhome to the pre-departure location in the yard. Waiting on the motorcycle shop to call so I can pick up my 4 wheeler and bring it home. Then I can hook up my trailer to the motorhome and load the golf cart. Turn on the refrigerator tomorrow then one more trip for the last little bit of food on Thursday.

Decided to go ahead and add Monday the 28th to our ressie. DH will be returning from his hunting trip on the 28th, so hopefully we can still check in that evening, if not then at least we can check in first thing Tuesday morning. Still hoping for Sat 11/2 also, even though it's a long shot.

Last edited:
I tried for the 10 millionth time to try and get a Saturday spot at the Fort with no luck. Already have a spot reserved at the Florida/ Georgia border for Saturday night so we will stick with that plan. Brought the trailer around and hooked it to the motorhome last night and then it started raining. Tonight is load the golf cart on the trailer, take our clothes out to the motorhome, turn on the fridge. Tonight we will finalize our grocery list, one last trip to the grocery store tomorrow, Friday will be loading the sons halloween decorations and last minute whatever we forgot.

I tried for the 10 millionth time to try and get a Saturday spot at the Fort with no luck. Already have a spot reserved at the Florida/ Georgia border for Saturday night so we will stick with that plan. Brought the trailer around and hooked it to the motorhome last night and then it started raining. Tonight is load the golf cart on the trailer, take our clothes out to the motorhome, turn on the fridge. Tonight we will finalize our grocery list, one last trip to the grocery store tomorrow, Friday will be loading the sons halloween decorations and last minute whatever we forgot.
In Galveston, then heading to fort monday. Thought we might be there early. Wind 40 to 45 mph last night and motorhome might have launched towards the fort if it was not a really heavy rig. Does anyone have the fax # so I can send my loop request this friday. Thanks

The front is moving thru North Georgia today, suppose to be windy this afternoon and tomorrow. The morning lows for the next 2 days is lower 40's upper 30's. It was in the 90's for highs 2 weeks ago and I was worried about the AC in the coach!! Temps in Florida are looking great for the next week. Looks like sweats and heaters for the ride down and shorts and AC when I get there!!

In Galveston, then heading to fort monday. Thought we might be there early. Wind 40 to 45 mph last night and motorhome might have launched towards the fort if it was not a really heavy rig. Does anyone have the fax # so I can send my loop request this friday. Thanks
1-407-824-3508

Went ahead and pulled the trigger and added Wednesday night the 23rd to our Fort reservation. Could not get Saturday the 19th so I added a day on the backside. The wife wants to take our little man to Seaworld so I got tickets.

Got on the road at 12:30 yesterday afternoon, stopped in Albany at Sonic for early dinner then hit Newark traffic at 6:30 It was stop and go but not to bad. Made it to the Petro in Kenly NC around 2 this morning. Having breakfast at the Iron Skillet then time to get back on the road. Should make Cocoa Beach by 7.

Went to load the golf cart on the trailer last night and the battery was dead??? I have the battery charger on it and I will load it tonight. Strange since the cart is only 6 months old, drove it 2 weeks ago and we have never had an issue with it before. Turned the fridge on in the motorhome to start cooling down. My son and I have our clothes ready to load tonight. Wife is going to the store today for the last bit of supplies.

Safe travels snowmedic!

Im leaving on the 27th , but i have to start packing today and tomorrow. Unfortunately i get stuck at work sometimes, i worked 76 hours in 5 days last week:scared:, i dont want to be rush packing I'll forget stuff. I did get some organizers for the TT , wire baskets , laundry hampers, and i got a bigger honey wagon. This I think was a mistake as this thing is huge. Serves me right for buying on amazon sight unseen. I had an 11 gallon one went to a 25, i figured 2x as big. Nope, its like 4x as big. Lol. I guess I'll put it together today and use it at the fort. I really dont have a choice.safe travels to all!

Mr. Bones is getting a little antsy which means getting into mischief!
View attachment 445000

Had to go to Saint George Island for a weekend trip surrounded by millions of in-laws and as usual by Monday morning, which is the day after we got back home, I got sick (nothing major just a killer head cold) complete with sore burning throat, stopped up nose, and a nice little headache behind my left eye. But getting to see the adventures of Mr. Bones helps me feel better faster which I need as next week is preparation week for the Halloween week trip to the Fort. Thanks for that Mr. Bones. Also as far as weather which I saw someone mention, had to go get lunch in town today as the wife had to work through lunch and it was a cool 65 degrees at 1 PM and I am in Southwest GA so that was a welcome change from the 90s of the past couple of weeks. So looks like we are finally getting those cold fronts. Getting excited with 10 days left even though I don’t have enough energy to show it. 🤣🤣

Got the golf cart loaded and strapped down. Now the fridge won't cool down. I changed it from AC to LP and hope it starts working. If not we have a cooler and we will be eating out more than I was planning on. Not going to let it ruin my magic.

Last edited:
Got the golf cart loaded and strapped down. Now the fridge won't cool down. I changed it from AC to LP and hope it starts working. If not we have a cooler and we will be eating out more than I was planning on. Not going to let it ruin my magic.
Arrival at the fort is finally in sight. One week from today!!!!! Cant wait to meet this Mr. Bones. I guess I will call the fort office to make our final site request because I dont have a fax machine in motorhome. Is the office number 824-2727 or 824-2900?. Sound like lots of people arriving about the same time. Those rocking chairs better get warmed up.

I think I am going to buy a mini fridge since we don't have a ton of cold or frozen food. Now I have to think about the storm that will move along lower Georgia tomorrow. Not sure the wife will want to drive or sleep in 40 to 60 an hour wind and rain. Looks like the storm will pass right over Valdosta and that where the campground is that we have a reservation for tomorrow night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter