October Trip Reports w/activity calendar

I dont know how it is right now, but a 2nd set of pants is probably a good idea just in case. Im leaving in 3 weeks.......

What was it? Did you ever find anything?

But congrats on the fix. I'm sure that was a relief.

j

Heading to the Fort in 14 days. Packing a range of clothes for the weather.

Next weeks forecast looks like 88 highs w thunderstorms, evening lows 73-68.

Is this typically muggy, humid weather?

Packing a pair of jeans and a fleece jacket and a couple long sleeves, then everything else shorts, t shirts, sundresses.

Don’t know if an extra pair of long pants is needed in the evenings if the 70 in the evening is more cool than muggy.
I live about 35 miles SW of Disney and yes it is still hot and muggy, especially mid day. It actually nice early morning till about 11am, then it is hot and muggy till about 7pm. We have still been reaching the low 90's so if it drops to 88, it may be better. Have been to Hollywood Studios and Epcot these past two weekends in the evening and it was still warm (even hot), even in shorts. Pack a pair of pants, but you probably won't need them. Unless we get a freak cold front, we wear shorts through mid November and sometimes till Thanksgiving.

What was it? Did you ever find anything?

But congrats on the fix. I'm sure that was a relief.

j
No clue , all the wires i removed were good. It has to be a conection thats in the TT. I bypassed everything and ran new wires from the toung to the breaks. Tested and works great. It wasn't hard but a bit of a pita. I listened to the etriler guys and ran 10 guage wire, way overkill and hard to suspend. Oh well , live and learn. It works thats all i care about.

WDW has pushed me to really learn how to drive/hook up/un hook our high wall pop up camper by myself. I generally don’t drive our Expedition even without the camper and I’m usually navigator on our trips.

Last week I drove the pop up 6 hrs, 331 miles all highway to upstate NY on my own with my rescue dog and set up camp.

Everything went smoothly. I was nervous about driving and staying around 60 mph on PA and NY state highways posted with 70 mph speed limits.

I actually left on a Wednesday morning at 1:15 am to avoid Philly, Allentown, Scranton and Binghamton morning traffic.

With sway bar installed, I never felt the camper behind me. Even when she was passed by big rigs.

I ended up not making a planned stop at the Hickory Run Service Plaza by the Poconos because of construction cones set out that had a ridiculously small opening to get off on. But I recognized I couldn’t make it and figured I’d find a trucker stop further down on 81, and I did.

Even though the camper felt solid behind me, and the tires are rated to 80 mph. Staying just above 60 felt safe at night.

Going around one of the curves felt a little tiny amount of sliding, even with backing off that speed. Everything seemed more bouncy a few times I drifted over 65 - I think my natural instinct to want to keep with traffic had been kicking in.

I did feel the tires during re fueling and the tire pressure before leaving. No hot spots or issues.

Now I feel truly ready to share driving down from DE to WDW. And I especially like the idea of going overnight. Since I work night shift, taking the overnight drive is easier. And since my partner has more experience handling the trailer, he can take the morning shift to DIsney when we get in FL.

After he drives through the bay bridge tunnel outside of Norfolk, l’ll take over when we get back on 95 so he can sleep overnight. He’s blessed with the ability to instantly fall asleep in a moving vehicle and be sawing logs in no time.

We have our E Pass Xtra which works through all of the tolls. So no stopping to pay.

Feeling mostly prepared and ready to go!

Packing and list making is my specialty so I’m right at home with the organizing now.

13 days!

Side bonus to this trip is my new reassurance I can handle all the camper stuff except backing up. There’s a group called Sisters on the Fly that has state chapters for women who want to camp together. Lots of cute, decorated vintage canned ham trailers, but they invite all who want to camp to hang out. Now I know I can go by myself on a posted girls camping weekend with potlucks and socials if I want to! And he can go on his guys hunting trips.

Very cool. You can do anything you want. On , the pop up site there a lot of girls that go camping alone, and girls that drive because the guys can't, lol. Be confident and proud!

Mr Bones helped me start putting the essentials back in the camper and get it cleaned up. We also packed up the Halloween decorations we are planning on taking with us. Still stalking the website to try to add one more night. The weather is still hot as heck here, so really hoping for a cool down.
IMG_1320.jpg

Mr Bones helped me start putting the essentials back in the camper and get it cleaned up. We also packed up the Halloween decorations we are planning on taking with us. Still stalking the website to try to add one more night. The weather is still hot as heck here, so really hoping for a cool down.
View attachment 442146
What dates will Mr. Bones and the crew be at the fort? The animal bones from Arizona can't wait to meet and "rattle them bones".

Bought me a new craftsman tool box and set of screwdrivers this weekend for the motorhome. Didn't get anything accomplished towards our vacation since our daughter got married on Saturday, Sunday was the run everyone back to the airport day. The new command center tablet won't be delivered till tomorrow. This weekend is all hands on deck!!

Playing my sorcerer radio feed, I am so ready for this vacation.
Cloudy and a little chilly here this morning but looking sunny and mild from the Disney Spring live feed of the balloon.

The new replacement command center tablet came in today for the RV tow brake system. I got everything paired for the brake stuff, it was easy and it won't let you do anything else if they are not paired. I just need to do the tire pressure sensor pairing this weekend. Tomorrow night I am going to try and pull the trailer around and check the lights. Might try a test fit of the golf cart too, I'm sure it will fit but we have never put it on the trailer before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter