October Trip Reports w/activity calendar

We won't laugh, but I will mention that I have about 3500 lbs on EACH of the 4 tires on my 5er. But that's why I run load range G tires.
And nothing wrong with keeping 2 spares. I blew one of my tires leaving Gulf Shores last year. It took out the trailer brakes (and the gas line). I still had 600 miles to get home. I was more worried about not having another spare than not having brakes.

j
At least you all can carry spare tires and change them if need be. Our coach has 8 295x22.5 tires and no spare. To change a tire we have to call semi truck shop or have the rig towed. What a pain. We do good shop check before we leave AZ and watch tire pressure on dash gauge every day. Same with tow car. Sometimes a 5er or pull rig might be better.

Thinking over both of your suggestions of taking two spares - I think I might do that as well.

There’s a great camping tire place by my work in Newark DE - Eastern Marine Superstore. The ST205/75R 14 tires I got from there are 85 dollars (129 on etrailer).

I was a novice at understanding the different tire types - and they have knowledgeable guys that explained it all to me. Normally, Fleetwood Niagaras get Load C tires - but I went with Load D (2200 max capacity each - so 2 are well over the 3600 GVWR of the pop up).

Plus, since Eastern Marine is local - don’t pay for shipping. For anyone in the Philly area - they are not far off 95 and have knowledgeable staff - I can’t recommend them enough.

While the tires we have are rated at 81 MPH - that’s much faster than we travel. I’m not the biggest fan of being on highways with 70 MPH speed limits. I know 95 has a 65 MPH speed limit through Delaware. Figure we will stay in right hand lane. I’m adding the sway bar so that truck traffic doesn’t drag on us too much. Plus - the back camera will be to check traffic as well, so no ones riding close behind if we need to stop.

Glad we’re all thinking along the same lines! It’s great hearing everyone’s plans. Thanks!

Load c tires were pushing it! I have D on mine as well. The only onther thing is watching when the tractor trailers pass you, sometimes that creates a bit of sway, but if you have the small sway bar, and know how to break it will not be a problem. In fact that little sway bar will mostly take care of it. Its good insurance to have.
At least you all can carry spare tires and change them if need be. Our coach has 8 295x22.5 tires and no spare. To change a tire we have to call semi truck shop or have the rig towed. What a pain. We do good shop check before we leave AZ and watch tire pressure on dash gauge every day. Same with tow car. Sometimes a 5er or pull rig might be better.
I would never have known that. That really sucks.

Been working on my cart decorations. We usually do a Halloween theme and then switch for the parade to a Disney theme. This year just going with the Disney theme. We are keeping it the same, Toy Story Land, but adding some items. I hand make them all, so it pays to start early. This is my latest creation plus photos of our cart last year. Can't wait to see what some of you are going to do.
IMG_20190803_160435104.jpgIMG_20181030_144707545_HDR.jpgIMG_20181030_144725429_HDR.jpg

We will be there Oct. 27th thru the 31st. Tent site but renting a pop up or hybrid. Looking forward to our second year of Halloween at the Fort. We had a ball last year. Can't wait!

Just made our Oct. reservation tonight. Will be arriving 10/6 - 10/11. Not Halloween, but there will still be decorations. It will be our first long trip in the new to us motorhome and towing a car. Hope to see some of you there. Forgot, request for 1600 loop, fingers crossed.

We'll be there from October 21st through November 1st. First time to actually see the golf cart parade. Have not decided if any park days yet, since we enjoy the fort so much. Full hook-up, hopefully 1700 loop.

We'll be there from October 21st through November 1st. First time to actually see the golf cart parade. Have not decided if any park days yet, since we enjoy the fort so much. Full hook-up, hopefully 1700 loop.

We too will be hanging out at the Fort for most of our trip, maybe just one park day. Halloween and Christmas are both great times to just enjoy the Fort.

Keep trying Grumpy Aggie was able to add 4 days. We are going to Mickey Christmas party on 11/8. Did not want to leave on a Sat or Sun because of the traffic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!