October Trip Reports w/activity calendar

I got mostly all of my fastpasses done for my trip this morning. I im happy , and less stressed now!

giphy.gif

I got mostly all of my fastpasses done for my trip this morning. I im happy , and less stressed now!
I'm still getting up at 4am pst to get new FP. Got the first 16 days but still working on the last 14 days. They say on one disney site you can make you FP resies for your entire trip at 60 days but that is not correct. Really tired of getting up so early. I really need some time in a rocking chair at Crockett's.

Haven’t had time for posting, been busy with work.
Today found me picking up some much needed items for the MH.
Water pressure regulator, water filter and new 50’ drinking hose.
Also found a leak at the water pump, had to order a new pipe strainer, the old one had a crack in it. Still need to pick up a 30 amp surge protector, if anyone has any good recommendations on one I would appreciate the input.

Bought new tow lights and associated wiring for the car, when I get them installed ( I didn’t buy the ugly magnetic lights, I got something different) I will upload a pic.

Can’t wait for Oct. to get here.

Haven’t had time for posting, been busy with work.
Today found me picking up some much needed items for the MH.
Water pressure regulator, water filter and new 50’ drinking hose.
Also found a leak at the water pump, had to order a new pipe strainer, the old one had a crack in it. Still need to pick up a 30 amp surge protector, if anyone has any good recommendations on one I would appreciate the input.

Bought new tow lights and associated wiring for the car, when I get them installed ( I didn’t buy the ugly magnetic lights, I got something different) I will upload a pic.

Can’t wait for Oct. to get here.
Almost as much buying as me, lol. I got a new to me TT , and upgrading everything. Unfortunately this will cut down on my allready nonexistent decorations. But only time will tell. I never used a surge protector, sometimes i check amperage at the pole. But tbh , never really had a problem. I figure low amps is more likely to damage things like ac ect. A surge would have to be pretty big to wipe out the converter. I could be wrong, ask me in 10 years, but im not overly woried about it. ( i did look at a bunch, some are one use only, the 150$ ones are resetable, so if you go this route, probably better to get one that you can keep using)

Almost as much buying as me, lol. I got a new to me TT , and upgrading everything. Unfortunately this will cut down on my allready nonexistent decorations. But only time will tell. I never used a surge protector, sometimes i check amperage at the pole. But tbh , never really had a problem. I figure low amps is more likely to damage things like ac ect. A surge would have to be pretty big to wipe out the converter. I could be wrong, ask me in 10 years, but im not overly woried about it. ( i did look at a bunch, some are one use only, the 150$ ones are resetable, so if you go this route, probably better to get one that you can keep using)
Ha Bama Ed, are you going to be in the fort for halloween this year? Sjm9911 and some others of us would like to meet the mentor if this Dis site. You and several others are the glue that holds us together, thanks.

Ha Bama Ed, are you going to be in the fort for halloween this year? Sjm9911 and some others of us would like to meet the mentor if this Dis site. You and several others are the glue that holds us together, thanks.
+ 1 , totally agree.

Still need to pick up a 30 amp surge protector, if anyone has any good recommendations on one I would appreciate the input.

I installed the 50 amp version of this https://www.amazon.com/PROGRESSIVE-...argid=aud-801381245258:pla-385426193275&psc=1 in my rig. Easy to install and you don't have to worry about someone needing / wanting it more than you or forgetting to pack up the ones that plug into the power pedestal. This version has the remote display that will give you a code if it senses a fault. They have this same unit with the display built into the unit itself. About $20 cheaper. These are a little more expensive than others but excellent ratings. Its kinda like deciding if you are going to buy the $600 motorcycle helmet or the $100 helmet. Not really an issue until you need it. JMO

PS. this unit will cutoff power to your rig for surge, low voltage, reverse polarity or ground issues.

Steve

Nope, folks, not gonna be at Halloween this year. I said when I went in 2017 that it was a one-and-done for me.

Thank you for the kind words. We do in fact have many great posters who share their knowledge and experience. We just finished a strong summer season on the board with more threads and activity than I can remember. Usually in summer time the postings and trip report stories dropped off noticeably. Fall is usually busy on the board with the 3 holidays packed in it so I am looking forward to hearing about everyone else's trips.

I do encourage you all who will be there, however, to get together and some point, shake hands, put faces with names, and meet each other. Some one offers their site, everyone brings a folding chair and maybe some snacks. Nothing big. If schedules are too jumbled up to nail down a date/time, just get around and visit each other's sites. I do that when I'm there. The most fun is when someone comes by and says, "I never post but I read about you all". And so on.

My next trip planned for the Fort is the October 2020 DisMeet. I ought to give that a bump soon.

Bama Ed

PS - it helps if you put your DIS green Mickey head sign out also. https://www.disboards.com/threads/here-is-a-campsite-marker-for-dis-members.3090199/

Even though Dorian is still churning off the East coast of FL we are now confident that he is not coming across Florida and our TT and home are safe, I can get back to planning. We did make a quick evening trip (the only way I can stand the heat) over to HS Sat night to check out Star Wars Galaxy's Edge. Have to admit, it was pretty cool. Did not ride the Millennium Falcon ride, or drink the blue or green milk :crazy2:, but did walk around. Very detailed land.
Made FPs for our trip, with only three full days (still trying to tack on a 4th) we are only planning one full park day as we really want to enjoy the Fort and all the Halloween activities. Made a few more cart decorations and started a packing list.

Even though Dorian is still churning off the East coast of FL we are now confident that he is not coming across Florida and our TT and home are safe, I can get back to planning. We did make a quick evening trip (the only way I can stand the heat) over to HS Sat night to check out Star Wars Galaxy's Edge. Have to admit, it was pretty cool. Did not ride the Millennium Falcon ride, or drink the blue or green milk :crazy2:, but did walk around. Very detailed land.
Made FPs for our trip, with only three full days (still trying to tack on a 4th) we are only planning one full park day as we really want to enjoy the Fort and all the Halloween activities. Made a few more cart decorations and started a packing list.
How hard is it to get into Galaxy's Edge to just look around? We have lots of days and no real schedule other then being around fort on Halloween.

How hard is it to get into Galaxy's Edge to just look around? We have lots of days and no real schedule other then being around fort on Halloween.
Very easy to get in and walk around. We did not get there until around 6:30pm, so I am sure it was busier during mid day. The shops were very busy, the one where you build a droid had a queue line with an hour wait! Here are some photos.
IMG_20190831_191716375_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190831_192236306_HDR.jpgIMG_20190831_192949989_HDR.jpgHS SWL storm tropr.jpgIMG_20190831_193344595_HDR.jpg

I was going to avoid going into SWGE when I was there next week, but I'm definitely going to, at least, walk around. We have FP for SDD on Monday evening. Maybe SWGE will clear some right before closing.

j

I read the Disney tourist blog about SWGE. Hopefully, their experience holds true when we go in October.
I’m an early riser so getting to HS before 6am is my plan. From what they were saying, they were able to do every Tier 1 ride plus SR in SWGE - some they did multiple times.

Later on in the evening we might go to play games in SWGE. I’m reading a Timothy Zahn book that is actually set on Batuu. Mentions the Black Spire Outpost, etc.

I’ll be interested to pop in and out if the crowds look reasonable later in the day. But 5 - 5:30 am we will be driving over.

I read the Disney tourist blog about SWGE. Hopefully, their experience holds true when we go in October.
I’m an early riser so getting to HS before 6am is my plan. From what they were saying, they were able to do every Tier 1 ride plus SR in SWGE - some they did multiple times.

Later on in the evening we might go to play games in SWGE. I’m reading a Timothy Zahn book that is actually set on Batuu. Mentions the Black Spire Outpost, etc.

I’ll be interested to pop in and out if the crowds look reasonable later in the day. But 5 - 5:30 am we will be driving over.
I just dont know how people have time for rope drop. I get up a 5am, walk the dogs, wash my face, and by that time my reservations are ready at Crockett's porch, a cup of coffee or two in a rocking chair. The closest I get to RD is watching everyone running to the boat or bus. Oh well maybe I will find time some day. (Probably not)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!