Odd baseball game giveaway: a free funeral

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
I guess bobbleheads or jerseys weren't enough. A college summer league baseball team had a giveaway sponsored by a funeral home for a prepaid funeral. I guess it's technically a raffle because I can't imagine they'd give away this to everyone showing up.

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/201...neral-giveaway-wisconsin-yes-they-are-serious

http://northwoodsleague.com/eau-cla...l-giveaway-morries-mazda-friends-family-pack/

Untitled-1.jpg

I'd take that over a bobble head or jersey anytime. Funerals are expensive.
Agree! But I'm fussy about funerals :snooty: - I wouldn't want a free funeral from a funeral home I wouldn't use if I were paying for it. Nor would I use a free cremation - burial is traditional in my family.

Well theres a way to get some advertisement attention.........

We were in mass last night and before the mass started the lecturer said there was a special speaker and she introduced a lady who came to the podium to talk about catholic cemeteries in our county, I have never seen that before a mass sometimes right before the end they will do that.
Then after the mass outside, there were reps trying to get people to stop and get pre planning info............ did not see one person stop.
Church is a good place to do this I guess, but its the first time I have ever seen it. Don't know how successful it was. This church has a huge elderly population too.

Agree! But I'm fussy about funerals :snooty: - I wouldn't want a free funeral from a funeral home I wouldn't use if I were paying for it. Nor would I use a free cremation - burial is traditional in my family.

I don't believe they included burial services since they're not part of a cemetary. Burial might be the highest expense. However, I suppose they could cremate. My grandmother's ashes were buried without a funeral per se. She didn't want one, although the family was present at the burial. A funeral director was actually there since it was legally part of a funeral process.

Well, funerals are expensive, and that's probably a $10k prize being raffled off. So, no different than, say, a three-room remodel if their sponsor was a contractor or something.

It's a little tacky, but I've seen worse.

Well, funerals are expensive, and that's probably a $10k prize being raffled off. So, no different than, say, a three-room remodel if their sponsor was a contractor or something.

It's a little tacky, but I've seen worse.

The marketing is certainly interesting. However, having a little sense of humor in the funeral industry is fine with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter