• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Odd Beauty and the Beast Question

RyMickey

Disney Freak
A friend and I were listening to the "Beauty and the Beast" soundtrack at work today. At the end of "Gaston", Lefou sings "And his names G-A-S-T/ G-A-S-T-E/ G-A-S-T-O/ Oh, forget it / Gaston!" My friend said that she didn't remember that from the movie. I was certain that it was there, so I came home, popped the tape in the VCR, and sure enough, that line isn't in the film. I was so used to hearing it on the soundtrack that I didn't even realize it wasn't at the end of the song. Does anyone know why? Also, was it in the IMAX release? Was it ever even in the movie? I seem to remember this question coming up when the IMAX release came out.

I realize that this doesn't really pertain to "Rumors" or "News" but it's been bugging me and I figured this is as good a place as any to try and find an answer.

RyMickey

That portion of the song was never animated into the movie. This is a fairly common occurance, since often the version of the song is not the same one that is in the film. For instance, watch Aladdin...in particular, the "Whole New World" scene. Then listen to your recording. You will dicover two completely different recordings. Even the orchestrations (particularly the introduction) are different. Its all just the natural course of things changing during the creation of an animated feature.

-Scott

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter