Odd encounter with CM in TTC parking lot . . .

disneyvoice

DIS Veteran
So until our trip last week we have never had a "bad" experience with a CM. Last week's experience was odd and so totally out of character for a WDW CM we were completely taken by surprise.

We got to the TTC really early for EMH, it was so early there weren't any CMs in the parking booths yet and there were VERY few cars going into the TTC. Typically you veer to left until you get to the point where you turn right to head down toward the parking spaces. Well this day the only other cars that were in the parking lot veered to the right instead of continuing to the left. There was a sign with an arrow that said "MK Parking" pointing in the direction they were going so we followed the other cars thinking it was so early we were being parked in a different area of the parking lot. When we pulled into the space the CM guided us into he asked if we were heading to MK and told us they were actually parking people there for a golf event and that we should drive back around until we get to where we can "go across" to get to the main parking lot where we would be closer. No biggie. We thanked him and headed that way.

So we went back around and came to an area where we could either turn right and basically go to just the other end of where we had previously "parked" for the golf event or we could "go across" and head over closer to the entrance for the TTC. Since he said "go across" we thought that was what he meant. There were no other cars there and no CMs in sight to verify we were headed the right way. When we got to the place where you turn right to head to the parking spaces there was a CM and my husband told him we were trying to park for MK and asked him if we were in the right place. He said "Yes, follow the cones and then park behind the row of cones up there." He did the two finger point to where he was telling us to go. So we do as he says and before we get to the row of cones a CM walks in front of our rental mini van with his hands out. My DH rolls down his window and the CM says in kind of a snotty voice "Where do you think you're going?" My DH replies "They told us to come this way for MK parking?" The CM kind of sarcastically laughs under his breath and responds "Oh, so you just decided to ignore all the arrows and cones and just go whoever you want to go?" My husband, confused, replies "No, the guy back there told us to drive up here." My DH is totally calm and friendly as he talks to him. Then the CM says "No. No no one told you that." We were confused so I tried to clarify "Yes, the CM back there (and pointed to the man in the distance) told us to come up here." He then takes a deep breath like he's trying to control his temper and gives me this hard stare as if I have just challenged his "parking authority" and repeats "No. You know no one told you that, you just think you can do whatever you want to do." Then he curtly told my husband to drive across the parking lot to the end of the row and park next to the only other car there.

Okay. So we are very nice, non-confrontal people who do NOT break rules. We were in a rented mini van. It was me, my husband, our 28 year old son and his 27 year old girlfriend and our 16 year old son. We were not rude at all. In fact it was clearly apparent that we were lost in the parking lot and just trying to figure out where we were supposed to park. So we pull into the parking space and the one other car there next to us is another mini van with a man and woman and two young children eating McDonald's. My older son gets out of the van while asking "What was that guy's problem." The man in the driver's seat in the car must have heard him because he rolled down his window and asked "Did that guy give you a hard time too?" We said yes. His response - "That guy should NOT be working at Disney."

So it didn't affect our day at all except that it annoyed us. Having a WDW CM accuse us of lying? Umm, no. Unfortunately we were so thrown by his behavior that none of us thought to look at his badge and get his name so we could write to WDW about the incident. I have NEVER even considered complaining about a CM before but being accused of lying really ticked me off. In the end we decided that maybe he was just having a really bad day for some reason so we didn't complain. But it sure feels good to it off my chest here! Whew!

First of all, and I hope this is not inappropriate, but rather makes your day....you have a 28 year old son???? Wow! Whose avatar are you using?

Sorry, to hear you found a jerk of a CM. We had a similar experience one time when we had a AAA Gold parking pass. I think the morning CM directed us to the wrong lot. When we left in the evening and tried to walk to our car, a CM told us we could not be parked in that lot....but we were. He wouldn't let us cross the street to get to our car because he was sure that wasn't our car. I had to use the key fob to beeb the horn to prove it to him. then he let us cross...still don't know what that was all about.

I encourage you to contact Disney with all the details including the date and the time of the incident. They want to know about things like this.

You could send an email or write a letter for best results. Include a phone number, they WILL call you back. They have very high customer service standards.

i had a CM be straight up rude like that at AK on friday. I almost did a reverse-CM shout out on twitter.....Maybe there's a reason they assigned that CM to the parking lot where he normally wouldn't have to talk much to guests at all?? just sayin'.

This also happened to us on Friday. I wonder what was going on Friday morning that had the parking CMs in a foul mood??

the CM we had a problem with was in the park at the meet mickey and pals attraction. Her name was Jordyn and she was rude to everyone who walked in there. So weird.

Hm... never personally run into a rude parking CM, but we did once witness a guest acting rudely toward one.

The CMs were directing everyone to park in rows, one after another, nice and neat. This one van ahead of us decides they're going to park closer to the TTC - skipping up several rows and choosing a more convenient spot than the one they'd have been "assigned". As we turned, I could hear a CM calling to them, telling them to please park at the end of the row.

As we got out of our car, we could hear a man shouting - it was the guest, loudly announcing that he'd park where he "darn" well pleased. And something about how much he'd paid.

By the time we got our kids out and passed him on our way to the trolley, he and his family had disembarked and were confronting a CM on a bicycle. The CM, in a normal tone, appeared to be trying to explain the parking procedures to the gentleman. Then I saw the gentleman kick the CM's bike tire and shout aggressively at him, accusing him of being "racist"! He was East Indian, and his wife was in a sari.

I felt bad for the CM and bad for that man's family (because if he's this awful in public, he must be downright appalling in private).

If this is the sort of thing the CMs have to deal with on a regular basis in parking, I can definitely see how some of them might get embittered and nasty.

That said, I do think the OP should report it. Even without a name, they have a time, date and location. It may not be the first complaint they've had about this particular CM.

Hm... never personally run into a rude parking CM, but we did once witness a guest acting rudely toward one.

The CMs were directing everyone to park in rows, one after another, nice and neat. This one van ahead of us decides they're going to park closer to the TTC - skipping up several rows and choosing a more convenient spot than the one they'd have been "assigned". As we turned, I could hear a CM calling to them, telling them to please park at the end of the row.

As we got out of our car, we could hear a man shouting - it was the guest, loudly announcing that he'd park where he "darn" well pleased. And something about how much he'd paid.

By the time we got our kids out and passed him on our way to the trolley, he and his family had disembarked and were confronting a CM on a bicycle. The CM, in a normal tone, appeared to be trying to explain the parking procedures to the gentleman. Then I saw the gentleman kick the CM's bike tire and shout aggressively at him, accusing him of being "racist"! He was East Indian, and his wife was in a sari.

I felt bad for the CM and bad for that man's family (because if he's this awful in public, he must be downright appalling in private).

If this is the sort of thing the CMs have to deal with on a regular basis in parking, I can definitely see how some of them might get embittered and nasty.

That said, I do think the OP should report it. Even without a name, they have a time, date and location. It may not be the first complaint they've had about this particular CM.

Wow! Glad I've never seen anything like that!

We have seen several people try to park at the beginning of a new parking row instead of going all the way down to the end as directed by the CM or roll down their window and start to argue with CMs that they don't want to go to the end of the row. It's such a well-oiled process that I don't understand the need to argue about it to save a few steps.

Unfortunately we were so thrown by his behavior that none of us thought to look at his badge and get his name so we could write to WDW about the incident.

Date, time and location will help them know who this was. Send in the info to WDW. It's one thing to comment on how you got where you were, but to continue to go on about how no one told you that is really rude. Easy enough for him to verify with his coworker later or by radio.

This one van ahead of us decides they're going to park closer to the TTC - skipping up several rows and choosing a more convenient spot than the one they'd have been "assigned".

And no doubt that's what the CM thought was happening, but once told that another CM told him to do it, he should have backed off. IMO.

I have never ran into a rude CM at Disney world but Disneyland..... They were everywhere!!!! And I let them know in no uncertain terms that they did not live up to Disney world standards!!! Sorry you had such a hard time

Please do send the date and time and the description of the events. If possible a description of the rude CM.
We all DO pay a lot, but that is supposed to buy us a class A experience as long as we don't feel entitled to do what the hell we want. OP seems to be WAY too nice in the encounter and kudos to her. I don't think I would have been able to keep my cool. It is an accumulation of complaints against the bad apples that will result in a change, so PLEASE do report this.
I make a point to report the good OR bad behavior after every trip. In my experience I have had several dozen + experiences and only 1 -. I make sure that the good ones get their dues too.

Disney can track down who it was if you just give some basic info on timing and location. I would almost guarantee you won't be the first person to complain about him - and hopefully the other family will comment on his attitude, too.

It's frustrating that for some people, he's their first impression of Disney.

Will be interesting to see if this and similar behavior is a tool used in labor negotiations. Instead of a "work slowdown," it's a "pixie dust slowdown"!

I'd have been tempted to ask him to go and get the parking lot manager (or whatever/whoever is in charge) right then and there while I took out my cell phone and snapped a picture of his face and name tag. Or snap a picture with a "Just so they know who I'm talking about when I get up to the guest relations window...hope you have a magical day."

Snotty, rude, condescending whatevs...but nobody calls me a liar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter