Odds of a soft opening for Rise of the Resistance?

kiramay

DIS Veteran
We leave December 4! I’m way more interested in Rise of the Resistance than Smuggers Run, but I really can’t pull the kids out of school another day. (High school). Any chance they’ll have a soft opening or previews of the ride early?

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
Have to think anything they have will before bloggers or media most likely. The exception could be AP time slots.

No way Disney does any of it for "free" lol.

Lydia S

Canadian
We leave December 4! I’m way more interested in Rise of the Resistance than Smuggers Run, but I really can’t pull the kids out of school another day. (High school). Any chance they’ll have a soft opening or previews of the ride early?
I really hope that add back the EMH from 6-9AM that are stopping on November 2.

• rteetz

Rumors and News Moderator
    Did they do any soft opens for Pandora when it opened? I remember getting to ride 7DMT preopening of New Fantasyland.
    Yes but only the day before I believe. They had AP and DVC previews before that.

bdarling

Mouseketeer
    I’m hoping for longer HS hours after RotR opens in December. I assume longer hours as the holidays near, but would love if the EMH continued in January when I go 😊.

• Lydia S

Canadian
    Can you move your vacation back a day
    Just for anyone looking to switch their dates around a bit, on-site hotel rooms are booking fast. Specifically for the first 2 weeks of December. It’ll be tough to add on a day or 2 to an existing reservation. We wanted to split our stay and add a couple days on, and found that the cheapest rooms are over $400/night! There is hardly anything left in the Value resorts except for AoA.

Willow1213

DIS Veteran
    Just for anyone looking to switch their dates around a bit, on-site hotel rooms are booking fast. Specifically for the first 2 weeks of December. It’ll be tough to add on a day or 2 to an existing reservation. We wanted to split our stay and add a couple days on, and found that the cheapest rooms are over $400/night! There is hardly anything left in the Value resorts except for AoA.
    First 2 weeks of december are tough. One of the most popular weeks for DVC plus Sports competitions. Is Pop warner still early Dec?

robinb

DIS veteran
    I hope with the CM previews and the AP previews out of the way by 8/21 there will be a soft opening after that. We'll be there that week (8/17-8/24) but our APs are just Gold and not eligible for the previews.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

THEME PARK MAPS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    Disney World Rehabs and Closings Disney World Restaurant Menus

DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS