Odds of Disney taking back points

Hey everyone,

So just purchased resale. In the ROFR process currently. What are the odds of Disney taking the contract if there are only 34pts coming 2019 then the full 150 in 2020. I saw the the ROFR threads a lot were taken back 1st of the year but couldn’t find anything too current or maybe I just over looked it. May hop over there again to see if I missed something. Oh resale is 150 SSR. It’s the perfect contact for me and I’m super nervous they will take it back.

Thanks
Dorothy
pixiedust:

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I'm very open to feedback. I have a couple of minor features in the works to make it even better. It's only possible because of this community and all the hard work @pangyal puts in on the quarterly thread.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I'm very open to feedback. I have a couple of minor features in the works to make it even better. It's only possible because of this community and all the hard work @pangyal puts in on the quarterly thread.
So that’s all self-reported information?

So that’s all self-reported information?
Yes. It's the only way to get that level of detail that I'm aware of. If there are other sources of data in very interested.

Future options, to get away of self-reporting, could include scraping deed recording (which don't include prices, but could give Disney ROFR percentages; assuming Disney files the same way) and trying to pair them with resale listings, which usually only show list price, not final price. That's a lot more work for worse results at this point IMO. This data could be useful separately, somehow, though.

Another option could be to partner with resale companies to get anonymous data. I haven't reached out to anyone for this.

Apparently the addonitis is really. Still waiting for ROFR I keep looking at the resale and I have my sights on another one. Lol. It’s hopeless.

Yes. It's the only way to get that level of detail that I'm aware of. If there are other sources of data in very interested.

Future options, to get away of self-reporting, could include scraping deed recording (which don't include prices, but could give Disney ROFR percentages; assuming Disney files the same way) and trying to pair them with resale listings, which usually only show list price, not final price. That's a lot more work for worse results at this point IMO. This data could be useful separately, somehow, though.

Another option could be to partner with resale companies to get anonymous data. I haven't reached out to anyone for this.
You can calculate the purchase price based on the taxes listed on the deed site. You should be able to get within $100.

Anyone have any idea if the amount of points has any impact on wither or not Disney exercises ROFR? Like to large contracts have a better shot at passing vs smaller? Or is there really no rhyme or reason?

Anyone have any idea if the amount of points has any impact on wither or not Disney exercises ROFR? Like to large contracts have a better shot at passing vs smaller? Or is there really no rhyme or reason?
It probably doesn’t factor in that much. Disney can take and split up large contracts into smaller ones at will. Small contracts would require contracts from the same unit to allow for combining, but the Mouse can do that as well.

It probably doesn’t factor in that much. Disney can take and split up large contracts into smaller ones at will. Small contracts would require contracts from the same unit to allow for combining, but the Mouse can do that as well.

We put in a request for 75 SSR June use year. They called this AM and said they they were available. Low and behold we find out it consists of 2 separate contracts. One for 50 and one for 25. They would both have separate closing costs and document fees!! We are not thrilled about that. Apparently DVC has added a document fee to all contracts these days. Our CM said they recently added a document fee about 4 months ago.

We put in a request for 75 SSR June use year. They called this AM and said they they were available. Low and behold we find out it consists of 2 separate contracts. One for 50 and one for 25. They would both have separate closing costs and document fees!! We are not thrilled about that. Apparently DVC has added a document fee to all contracts these days. Our CM said they recently added a document fee about 4 months ago.
If they can split up a contract, why can't they just put your two together?

If they can split up a contract, why can't they just put your two together?
Because of the way DVC is sold, contracts represent a real estate interest in a specific timeshare unit. At any given resort, points from two units may both be a June UY, but contracts cannot be combined as each contract represents a % interest of their respective unit which, once declared, cannot be changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!