• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

# of EVC's available in MK?

southjerseymom

DIS Veteran
This board has been wonderful and I really appreciate the answers I've gotten to other questions....one more if I may. I understand that the EVC's available at the park are not as "nice" as renting from an offsite agency. But, my 78yo Mom is ready to go for it and just wants to use one in the parks. Since we are staying at the Poly this shouldn't be a problem. I know there are limited numbers of EVC's and nothing is guaranteed. We will be there from Feb 9 - 12th after a Wonder cruise. Anybody dare to venture a guess what are the chances are of snagging one if we don't get to the parks until around 10 am or so?
PS. How hard are these things to manuever? Mom still drives and is pretty active - she just can't walk long distances. She sees well and is pretty game. She is not interested in trying one out here because we are from a small town and one of the "bridge ladies" may see her. How hard is it to hop aboard and go on an EVC?

My partner and I both have mobility impairments, as she has chronic back trouble with siatica, and I have rhuematoid arthritis, so we always just budget in and plan to each have an ECV for every day we are at the parks. (It's actually really fun racing each other down Main Street at the very end of the night, as we always hang around and wait until the place is nearly deserted before leaving!)

I've found the WDW ECVs to be perfectly convenient. They have a bit of a governor on them, though, some more so than others. They never go too fast, but sometimes you'll get one that is just soooo slow. But we've found that they manuver quite well, and rarely have had any problems cutting tight corners in queues and what-not.

We usually get to the parks at opening, or shortly after. The only time we've ever come close to not getting one was when we showed up at Epcot around Noon, but even then there were still a few available.

Additionally, while off-property companies allow you to rent ECVs by the week and are usually newer, faster, and more comfortable... I find I am more comfortable with using the WDW-issue ECVs over private companies simply because if your battery should die while you are out and about in the parks, you ned only go into the nearest shop and tell the CM who will call and have a replacement brough to you where ever you are in the park. (The longest I've ever had to wait for a replacement ECV was 30 minutes.) That, in and of itself, is worth gold to me. If you're using a private scooter and your battery dies... You're out of luck. Also, there's the matter of loading them on/off of busses, etc., which can be a real pain.

Hope this helps! :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter