# of water/soda allowed to carry-on

kcdisneymom

Bought DVC 2002
Is there a maximum # allowed of non-alcoholic drinks. 3 passenger 6 day cruise - 1 six pack each?

Is there a maximum # allowed of non-alcoholic drinks. 3 passenger 6 day cruise - 1 six pack each?
You may bring onboard as many non-alcoholic beverages as you can handle, since it must be in your carry on bags. You may have as many carry on bags as you feel you can wrangle until the rooms are ready.

We always bring a case of bottled water in our carryon. It is a pain to haul around before our cabins are ready, but it is so nice to have some “real” water during the week!

You're not meant to do it, but I saw some moron had put a luggage tag on a case of water on our most recent cruise and checked it on.

As opposed to "unreal" water?

We don’t love the taste of the water on the cruise ships. We will drink it of course, but it is nice to have other water around that tastes like normal water. You, of course, may disagree :)

We don’t love the taste of the water on the cruise ships. We will drink it of course, but it is nice to have other water around that tastes like normal water. You, of course, may disagree :)

Food for though: Bottled water really isn't "normal" water any more than the ship's. It's water that has been treated, sometimes using the same process as cruise ships, and may have additives to give it flavor.

You're not meant to do it, but I saw some moron had put a luggage tag on a case of water on our most recent cruise and checked it on.

As I always say, the porters don't work for the cruise lines. They work for tips. You could slap a luggage tag on dead old Aunt Sally, give them a tip, and find her propped up against the wall by your stateroom later. Putting beverages, including water, in luggage could result in damage to your belongings or others. If it damages others, you will be responsible for making them whole again. Either by paying for cleaning or getting them some new expensive DCL duds out of the gift shops.

As I always say, the porters don't work for the cruise lines. They work for tips. You could slap a luggage tag on dead old Aunt Sally, give them a tip, and find her propped up against the wall by your stateroom later. Putting beverages, including water, in luggage could result in damage to your belongings or others. If it damages others, you will be responsible for making them whole again. Either by paying for cleaning or getting them some new expensive DCL duds out of the gift shops.

Yep. And the same applies to wine or any other beverage checked or in checked bags. I heard a very loud (on the part of the guilty passenger) discussion between a couple of officers and a passenger who had checked a suitcase with a good bit of red wine in it. The wine had broken and damaged a couple of pieces of luggage belonging to other cabins. He got loud enough that they actually said if he did not calm down, security would be called and he would be disembarked.

So I just noticed the typo in my earlier post. That should be dear old Aunt Sally, not dead. Please do not bring corpses on cruises.

When you said Aunt Sally would later be found against the wall by your stateroom, I figured you really meant her corpse. :rotfl2:

Last year at PC I was going to carry my case of water on with me (I had a small fold-able hand truck) and the porter said absolutely not, you are on vacation. Slapped a luggage tag on the case of water and it showed up at my room with the rest of my luggage. So I guess I was a "moron" too!

Last year at PC I was going to carry my case of water on with me (I had a small fold-able hand truck) and the porter said absolutely not, you are on vacation. Slapped a luggage tag on the case of water and it it showed up at my room with the rest of my luggage. So I guess I was a "moron" too!
Well, you're not a moron, but you would have been responsible if there were a crushed bottle causing damage to someone else's luggage/belongings.

Food for though: Bottled water really isn't "normal" water any more than the ship's. It's water that has been treated, sometimes using the same process as cruise ships, and may have additives to give it flavor.
More food for thought. The water on board is probably closer to real water than what you have in a bottle or at home. Assuming you consider pure to be real. Funny how the beverage makers have conditioned us to believe that water should have a taste. LOL, GMO water? Well, may not GMO, but not the way mother nature made it.

I find the desalinated water too salty. Previous cruises I've been on (not DCL), the water tasted OK the first few days, then tasted salty. I assumed they used up what ever water they brought on board, then went to the desalinated. I'll bring bottles water from home to be safe this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter