Off site buses or drive?

wdw4rfam

DVC Member/AP holder
we never stay offsite. But we were given a family members westgate timeshare to use for a week so going for it. Looks like they only bus to Epcot then we have to bus from there to other parks. We have our car and could drive- we are AP’s so don’t have to pay for parking. But we are going spring break. So my question is what is worse? Having to bus hop or sit in traffic to the parks?

My opinion is that if staying offsite you BETTER have a car or you might as well stay onsite.
I absolutely would NOT take a bus when staying offsite.

You have APs and your own car, so no rental or parking fees. No brainer to drive.

If you want, you can always just drive to one of the parks and then use Disney transportation to get around if you park hop. It will still be more convenient than coming and going with bus transportation.

What traffic?

We go many spring breaks (our week aligns with the Florida school week as well) and never really encounter much in the way of traffic. Orlando has the slowest traffic lights in the world (figure it's so all the Sr's can get their afternoon naps in :) ) but outside of that it's a breeze. Considering you have free parking with your AP, it's a no brainer decision. Just drive, he said!

What traffic?

We go many spring breaks (our week aligns with the Florida school week as well) and never really encounter much in the way of traffic. Orlando has the slowest traffic lights in the world (figure it's so all the Sr's can get their afternoon naps in :) ) but outside of that it's a breeze. Considering you have free parking with your AP, it's a no brainer decision. Just drive, he said!

Totally agree. What traffic? We're many time WDW vets and always offsite. To me, there is so little traffic around WDW generally speaking. Sure, a traffic light backs up here and there, but it's nothing like a major city's rush hour.

Yes, drive. Unquestionably.

I would drive. The off site shuttle services are very limited with their schedule to the parks. Maybe, just maybe, the shuttle would be okay for Epcot.

Totally agree. What traffic? We're many time WDW vets and always offsite. To me, there is so little traffic around WDW generally speaking. Sure, a traffic light backs up here and there, but it's nothing like a major city's rush hour.

Yes, drive. Unquestionably.
I’m talking about the traffic at the park entrances. Last year spring break my husband made a point to point out the long lines of cars all the way down the road at MK. I was just thinking if we sat in it too long, it might be as long as all the bus nonsense. But from what I’m seeing, looks like everyone agrees driving would be better, so I’ll go with that. Like I said, this is our first offsite trip, and probably the last. We drive twice a year, so I’m aware that driving around Disney isn’t bad, but we are rope droppers, and have never driven to parks in the mornings. I know I’ve seen long lines at the entrances so there IS traffic at some time.

I’m talking about the traffic at the park entrances. Last year spring break my husband made a point to point out the long lines of cars all the way down the road at MK. I was just thinking if we sat in it too long, it might be as long as all the bus nonsense. But from what I’m seeing, looks like everyone agrees driving would be better, so I’ll go with that. Like I said, this is our first offsite trip, and probably the last. We drive twice a year, so I’m aware that driving around Disney isn’t bad, but we are rope droppers, and have never driven to parks in the mornings. I know I’ve seen long lines at the entrances so there IS traffic at some time.

During extreme cases, the lines to enter MK can get long...such as on Xmas Day or maybe Spring Break (I've never done that time, but have done Xmas). Even during Xmas, we never waited more than maybe 5-10 minutes. Look to your far left or far right, you'd be surprised how many people just go to the middle booths.

We went for 10 days last June and didn't encounter any traffic at the park entrances. For some reason, the toll booth at AK too awhile both days we went there, but it wasn't because of a line. We arrived well before rope drop, 7:45 at the TTC for MK and 8:00-8:10 at all the other parks with no problems at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter