Off-site Fast Food

nnelsonmandela

Earning My Ears
We just returned from a great trip where we left the parks to swim around lunchtime and wanted to grab a quick bite to eat. We stayed offsite and had a car. We ended up at a Steak and Shake which was good. There are also the obvious/common fast food options like McDonalds or Chik-fil-a, but are there any other fast food options nearby that might get overlooked? What are your favorites?

Tom and Chee is a good fast food type chain restaurant I like to tell people about. There's one in Lake Buena Vista near Disney Springs. It's basically a restaurant that serves all these different types of grilled cheese sandwiches along with a few different types of soups and some salads as well.

http://www.tomandchee.com/

Not necessarily fast food but when we drove down we stopped at a Perkins. We haven’t had them here where I live in YEARS.

Depending on where you are staying would totally depend on what's around you... as well as the route you take... There are alot of small family owned spots you might want to give a try..even with the sit down you are going to pay less, for me I would check out yelp, or google or restaurant's around me when you are here. That's what we do when we are traveling...Lots of good mom and pop stops for breakfast worth checking out...

This post makes me laugh as I'm normally anti chain restaurants when traveling, but on our visit last week we ate chains three different times. We did some sit downs at Disney, but also planned to hit several quick services, but always got caught up in the fun and would forget to eat. We ate twice at Taco Bell and once at Papa Johns. I normally despise both these places, but they were open late and on the way back to GKTW, but both were really damn good. Maybe I was just hungry.

It really depends where you are staying offsite. There are Panera's in a few different locations as well as Cracker Barrel and almost every other chain fast food or sit down. On Vineland which is the road to the nearest Outlet is Panera, McDonalds, Freddy's and a few others

It really depends where you are staying offsite. There are Panera's in a few different locations as well as Cracker Barrel and almost every other chain fast food or sit down. On Vineland which is the road to the nearest Outlet is Panera, McDonalds, Freddy's and a few others

What's a Freddy's?

What's a Freddy's?

Freddy's is a burger and ice cream place. We enjoyed it when we lived near one.

https://freddysusa.com/

My first Freddy's was at Disney.

It was fairly new, we went 3x and talked to manager.

He said they even extended normal hours there for DCP kids who live close.

Now we have one fairly close at home. DANGER DANGER

I'll never go back to Steak & Shake after having Freddy's.

Love the patty melt ... and the turtle sundae.

Signed

Fredhead

My first Freddy's was at Disney.

It was fairly new, we went 3x and talked to manager.

He said they even extended normal hours there for DCP kids who live close.

Now we have one fairly close at home. DANGER DANGER

I'll never go back to Steak & Shake after having Freddy's.

Love the patty melt ... and the turtle sundae.

Signed

Fredhead

I got spoiled when we lived near a Freddy's in VA. Unfortunately, now that we live in FL there isn't one close to us. I miss it!
Steak & Shake is ok but it takes forever to order and get your food. The only thing similar that is near us is Culvers.

I got spoiled when we lived near a Freddy's in VA. Unfortunately, now that we live in FL there isn't one close to us. I miss it!
Steak & Shake is ok but it takes forever to order and get your food. The only thing similar that is near us is Culvers.

We just got a Culvers too. I like the dining room, carpet and divided areas so it's quieter but Freddy's still my first pick.

We just got a Culvers too. I like the dining room, carpet and divided areas so it's quieter but Freddy's still my first pick.

I agree and prefer Freddy's too. Fingers crossed that they build one near me in the not too distant future. I'm still waiting on a Krispy Kreme...

I agree and prefer Freddy's too. Fingers crossed that they build one near me in the not too distant future. I'm still waiting on a Krispy Kreme...

The cotton candy of donuts, melt in your mouth, the cause of u-turns when the hot sign is on, the one drive-thru I might be in at 2 am and the one food I could eat a dozen before I got home.

We used to sell them to fund raise in high school and would go to the main one Downtown Atlanta (they didn't have the other stores like now) and would fill every crevice of our car with them ... eating them as we drove back home. Back then they were hard to get so you could easily sell them on the street corners.

I want some fresh ones ..........

200w.webp

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!